“Great shrimp in rum sauce”
Review of Lobster Pot

Lobster Pot
Ranked #26 of 66 Restaurants in West End
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This restaurant is kind of out of the way at the far west end of West End Beach. We just kept walking along the beach until we found it. My husband had the shrimp in rum sauce with garlic mashed potatoes and they were to die for. I had the coconut shrimp and it was okay, but nothing great. I would not recommend it. I wanted to go back and have the rum shrimp but didn't get a chance. Nice views with some tables in the sand. Very nice waitresses.

1  Thank minic00per

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My wife have been here 4-5 times over the last few years, and the place is amazing!

The gals who run the place are super nice, and even shared their flashlight with us when the power went out!

Hard to find, and be sure to have at least an hour or more, but well worth it!

2  Thank 82-Ag
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Fabulous food and atmosphere! Definitely recommend, the walk along the beach to this destination was more than worth it. The fried chicken was to die for...

1  Thank Debra K
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I heard about this restaurant on tripadvisor before our trip. It sounded good and I wanted to go there. Everyone who liked it wanted that local beach dining experience. People who didn't like it, was looking for a fast paced bar. Yes, I agree, the service is not fast. But when you are sitting at a table in the sand, fifty feet from the ocean, why would you want to rush it. They bring the food right out to you. We came in on a cruise. Then we had to take a taxi to the West End. We did not get a taxi exiting right off the ship. We looked into renting a car which was $50, then the taxis wanted $50 as well. I heard about a city bus that would take you across the island. Well, what it didn't tell you was that when the ships come into port, they turn those buses into tour buses. So we kept on walking away from the port. We came across "independent" taxi drivers. They try to get you into their "taxi." We said no thank you and kept on walking. We got to the main road and this 17 year old kid caught up to us and started selling his taxi. We were impressed and said yes. He flagged down a taxi coming from the port and told him the price. So I guess he served as a broker. But he told us all about the island and the language. He proceeded to take us across the island to West End. Our road turned into a dirt path that eventually ended. We walked through town, down the beach and found it. It is a cute building right on the water. We sat down with our guide and had lunch. When we arrived they were getting coconuts down from the trees. The waitress asked if we wanted some coconut water. I said sure. She went in and prepared it and then brought us out some water that five minutes earlier, was hanging up in the tree. Can't get more fresh and local than that! We ordered the coconut shrimp. It was very good. The prices are not cheap. They are $8 to $40 depending on what you ordered. Our bill was $15, we shared. But after about one hour siting in the shade on the beach having fresh food brought to our table was fabulous. It is interesting finding this place, but well worth it.

1  Thank Bill J
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This place is a bit hard to find but keep following the signs through West End and you will get there. In the dark it seemed a little seedy but it was fine. The location on the beach is nice and quiet. The ladies that run the restaurant are fun and friendly. The coconut bread was good and the desserts were sooooo delicious - lime pie and rum cake - both great! All the main dishes we tried were good too and the prices are moderate. A nice place for a long relaxing meal by sweet local owners. Don't stop here if you are in a hurry as the location, service, full courses of the meal necessitate time to relax and savor.