“Best Meal in Roatan!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lobster Pot

Lobster Pot
Ranked #32 of 61 Restaurants in West End
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, South American, Central American
Good for: View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Statesville, North Carolina
“Best Meal in Roatan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We enjoyed lots of fresh seafood during our August visit to Roatan, but Lobster Pot was our favorite. We took a water taxi from Infinity Bay with John and his family. They were right on the beach and charged $3. He took us right to Lobster Pot. We just got out of the boat and walked in the sand about 12 feet and there we were! We saw the gorgeous sunset which made a beautiful video and the owner was more than happy to take our pictures in front of it. She was so very dear and cooked all the food herself. Outside, sunset, cocktail, dog came by, easy, comfortable, barefoot...what more could you want?! Oh, yes, delicious food!! I had red snapper caught that day and my son had a quesadilla which he said melted in his mouth. Both were served with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed carrots came with mine. This was the best meal (and everything we ate in Roatan or cooked fresh ourselves was delicious) we had. I can't say enough about the owner and her hospitality. So dear. Take a water taxi, John's so he can get a piece of pie!. It was complimentary for us, too!! Homemade. Go!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Diana28677

Humble, Texas, United States
“Worth the search”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

First off, the signs and directions are vague. We were lost in the tropical rainforest on foot at night. The best part was seeing lightning bugs (aka: fireflys) and land crabs big enough to take your foot off your ankle. Thank goodness I thought to bring along a flashlight. When the big rock I was about to step on moved, you can imagine my surprise! After we back tracked we asked directions from the ganga smokers and discovered we were in the front yard of the restaurant. The back yard is the sandy beach and seating area. We were the only diners on this moonlit night and we dined like royalty. Surf and turf were our choices and the local lobster tail was perfectly prepared. The beef was a little tough but we are used to Nebraska and Texas beef. The Key Lime Pie was better than mine! Since it was included in the dinner I had to find room in my already full tummy for it. Be sure to try the Monkey La La beverage and ask for the story behind the name. The only difficulty we encountered was the VISA machine was broken and we didn't have enough cash to cover our meal. Our gracious hostess is cousins with the owners of the resort where we were staying and she allowed us to pay later. Since it was late, the owner gave us a ride back to the resort where we were able to pay the balance of our bill. She also gave us the most wonderful Coconut bread-straight from the oven- for breakfast. The locals eat here on celebration nights such as Mother's Day, etc. It will be busy on these days as well as cruise ship days.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jane O
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
“Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent hidden gem in the West End. Amazing lobster, fried chicken, shrimp, and homemade lemon pie on the house! This was paradise and we were treated to the most beautiful sunset on Roatan!

1 Thank Alyse H
“Key Lime Pie Included!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

This gem is well worth the walk! We had an oceanfront table under the trees right on the sand. White tablecloth and candlelight to watch the sunset. Lobster was fantastic, rum shrimp amazing, coconut bread. Service was top notch. Best dinner of our entire week on Roatan.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Laxmom93001
Boulder
“Finally Found!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

After many trips to the West End over the years our water taxi guy, John, showed us where the Lobster Pot was. It's a bit off the beaten track (keep following the signs), but well worth it! This time we went twice and each time was fantastic. I had the shrimp in rum sauce the first time and it was excellent. The second time I had the coconut shrimp, boy did I hit the jackpot. It was the best ever! and then there is the dessert! Don't miss the pie. OMG it's wonderful. I wish I lived close by, I'd go there weekly, but I live in Colorado. If you go, tell them John sent you and he'll get a piece of pie too!

• Visited April 2014