“The Food was Wonderful”
Review of The Beach House

The Beach House
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in West End
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Had the most beautiful lunch at the Beach House, Half Moon Bay. Doug made us a dinner that was probably one of the best I have ever eaten. The presentation is beautiful .

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank janicewilson111

Reviewed 29 August 2010

I didn't actually get to stay at the Beach House. After over a week of trying to book it, and even having the dive shop next door speak with someone there, I gave up.

Upon an initial email request they told me they had two rooms available. They quoted me a price above the one listed on the website so I asked for clarification as well as a few other questions, such as if the rooms had safes and private decks. It took three days, three emails, and even a request from the dive shop next door for them to respond. When they responded, they simply said the room was still available and asked if I would like it, not answering my questions nor addressing the price.

After two more days, they finally answered my question about the safe, but not about the price but made some cryptic comment inferring they wouldn't charge me tax. I said ok, that sounds good, let's book it. Then nothing.

After a week of trying to make a reservation, I give up. I think I sense the frustration that some of the other reviewers who stayed there mentioned about service being slow and indifferent - that's exactly what I experienced. It's a shame, the location is great and the rooms look beautiful, but really expensive for such indifferent service.

I decided to go with Cocolobo, they were extremely responsive and helpful as well as half the price. I'll write a review on them after the trip!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank nakedespresso
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We had a huge room with very confortable funiture. Very pretty. The staff was friendly but we were not at all impressed by the service. We didn't have money for the deposit so I gave them my credit card (stupid of me of course) which they promised to keep in a secure place. It took me 14 hours to get it back. They could not find it at first ;-(

The free internet never worked.

When we had questions we would several times sit in the reseption for 10 - 15 minutes before getting help. We skipped roomservice but asked to get garbage collected and have new towls. This too was SLOW...... but at least the staff was friendly and not at all unpleasant.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Ragnhildbe
Reviewed 29 July 2010

The hotel is located in the heart of the Bay and has BEAUTIFUL scenery. The sailboat races on Sunday are best viewed from the restaurant. The dock is great for...well everything a dock was built for. I do not know what the menu looks like though since I never used one (in 4 days) I would tell The staff to "bring me something good", Here to tell you that it was. From breakfast to dinner. The hotel staff is equally wonderful, thanks Donna.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank JasonNix
Reviewed 19 April 2010

As a guest of the Beach House for more than a decade, I can tell you that it is one of the cleanest, most comfortable, perfectly located facilities in Roatan.
The owner is a stellar guy who really CARES about his guests and is constantly going above and beyond to ensure they are happy. The staff are SUPER friendly, attentive and knowledgeable (all of whom I have become life long friends of, as well as all my friends I have brought there) They are simply amazing!
The restaurant is awesome too!
One year, we had the unfortunate experience of having to stay elsewhere for a night due to lack of availability....let's just say my friend was NOT a happy camper until I got her checked into the Beach House!!!

The beds rock! The view rocks! The owner and staff rock! The location rocks! The food rocks! What more could you ask for in Paradise??? :)

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Reefgirl77
Reviewed 18 March 2010

We were treated with utmost attention. Tim ensured that we had a spacious, clean, room with a most amazing sunset view overlooking the bay, available. He checked with us every day to make sure we were satisfied. Dave - the restaurant manager - prepared us personalized dinners on two occassions. If you have a chance - give him a chance to serve you - and let him surprise you with his creations. They are incredible. We actually met Tim at the airport and he said that he had the best hotel at the west end. He's probably right - If not the best, we were more than satisfied and certainly didn't see anything better. Tim and Doug helped to make our experiences and memories of Roatan that much more wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank DiverMCanada
Reviewed 23 October 2009

it was cheap compared to other places and room gets cleaned every day :( staff is very friendly and helpful!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
#6 of 14 in West Bay
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#4 of 14 in West Bay

Been to The Beach House? Share your experiences!