“Poor service”

Ranked #42 of 65 Restaurants in West End
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We went to this place on our trip to West End at the recommendation of our driver. There was only one person and the owner working the tables. It took the server a long time to get our order..moreover his demeanor was extremely unfriendly and disinterested. Finally he took our order..took him a long time to get our drinks..the food arrived and was decent. My food was spicy so I requested a bottle of water.. It took him so long to get my water that I had finished half of my food and couldn't take it any more so went up to the bar to get my water bottle myself...afterwards same thing happened with my check..waited and waited..finally walked up to the bar and asked for my check. Once again very poor demeanor and attitude. Finally we paid and the owner swung by to ask about the food. I told him that the food was decent but the service was extremely poor. To my shock even the owner gave me a smile after hearing this and walked away..no apologies..nothing. On top of that I found out that a tip was automatically added to my check.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We went for dinner on a Sunday evening. They were particularly slow because most places in West End quit serving alcohol on Sundays, and this place is usually a bar-scene type place. We were able to get a great table out over the water since only one other table was occupied. Service was quite adequate. One would hope so with only two tables used. :) The fish was pretty good, but the ceviche was very, very pickled. Not bad, but maybe we should have tried it on a more hopping night. As with most West End beach-side or over-the-water places, sunset views are great.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We spent the week of Feb 26 – Mar 05 on Roatan. This was our first visit to the island and we couldn’t wait to go diving. We actually stayed in West Bay, but one day took a water taxi into West End to check out the shopping. After hitting several of their small touristy t-shirt shops we decided to have lunch at Eagle Rays. I admit they have an excellent view of the bay, but the service was lacking. We each ordered a grilled fish sandwich and while we waited for our food we noticed cruise ship passengers out on an excursion who started filing in. They were lead out onto the outside deck where some locals started singing and dancing. This was fine, but inside the open air restaurant they were blaring Jamaican themed music. I would have thought they might have either turned off or turned down the music. That was not the case. Our food arrived and I have to say the fish was done perfectly, but it was hard to enjoy with all the noise.
This restaurant has potential with the great view and good food, but they lack attention to detail. Our waiter did an OK job, but really did not seem overly ambitious. And the fact they automatically add a 15% tip to the bill did not make us very happy.
If we ever go back to Roatan, I don’t know that we would eat here again as there are several other places to try.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stopped here for lunch near the end of our stay and really enjoyed the view of West End and several plates of shrimp and lobster quesadillas. Food was very good. Service was fast and friendly. Enjoyed eating on the outside deck while watching all the boats in the bay. Very pretty location.