“TOP!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Diving Center

Island Diving Center
Ranked #9 of 36 Tours in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: Roatan's premier diving center and scuba school for divers of all ages. We are a full service PADI dive center located on the white sand beach of Half Moon Bay in the West End area of Roatan, Honduras. We teach all PADI courses and conduct dive excursions to the over 40 most popular dive sites along Roatan's reef. We keep our class and dive excursion sizes small for personalized service. Courses starting daily. Professional and friendly diving at its best!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Hamburg, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“TOP!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

A friend of mine recommended Enomis Divers and from the first moment I liked the atmosphere!
I decided not only to dive with them, but to do my Advanced and later on my Rescue and I loved it!
Small groups (during the training as well as in the water), intensive training with focus on my experience/ needs, top equipment and a very patient staff made this an amazing dive experience!
I would love to come back and dive with them again!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

bakersfield
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best dive shop so far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I chose this dive shop because of the limit of people taken out at a time and the experience that the staff has. I felt very comfortable and decided to get my advanced with them. They are very familiar with all the dive spots and will cater to what you want to experience. I recommend them to some friends after a few dives with them and their experience was just as great! I fully recommend them from a discovery dive to a full master diver course. My friend just did his rescue diver course and appreciated the one on one training. Check them out!

Brisbane, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great dive shop and great diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

There are many dive shops in the West End of Roatan. I visited about 8 of them before choosing Enomis. Many of the dive shops are quite large and having spent a lot of time at a diving development centre in Thailand (where I became a divemaster and a tec diver) those shops are exactly what I was trying to avoid. The thing that swung it for me was the small dive groups. Lee and Anita run a small diving shop which offers all the PADI courses to help you improve your diving, from openwater and advanced courses all the way up to divemaster internships. Half of my dives were with 2 other people and the divemaster, and the other half were just me and the divemaster.

Pino was the dive master and he has a great knowledge of the local area and travels really slow if that is your thing. I like my dives to be slow and relaxing and that is exactly what I got.

If you like diving in small groups with experienced people this is the place to come. If you like loud, large dive groups then you might want to look elsewhere!

If I come back to Roatan I will be diving with Enomis!

new york city
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Enomis Divers - Best of the Best in the West End!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

My boyfriend and I came to Roatan to complete our PADI Open Water certification in May, 2013. With so many dive shops to choose from in the West End, we just happened to stumble upon Lee and Enomis Divers and we are so glad that we did. Lee and his team were consummate professionals and provided us with a great diving experience. With over 6,000 dives in his career, Lee was extremely knowledgeable and made us both feel very comfortable in the water during the certification process and also provided us with thorough explanations on all of the skills we would be completing during our dives.

After completing our open water certification with Lee, we also did two additional dives with Enomis Dive Master, Pino, who took us on two amazing dives and also took some fantastic pictures that we were able to take back home with us. We would have loved to stay in Roatan longer and continue to dive with Lee and Pino, but sadly we had to get back home. We can't wait to return and dive with the Enomis team again. They were a wonderful group and made our entire trip even better - I highly recommend Enomis Divers!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank fh5elb
Telluride, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Enomis Divers will take great care of you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

My wife and I were in Roatan during the last two weeks of April. She had snorkeled, but never been scuba diving. I had my Open Water cert., but only a few dives. Fortunately, we happened to be staying close to Enomis Divers and had struck up casual conversation with Lee and Pino on several occasions. After joining both Enomis and another local dive shop for snorkel trips (while others were diving), we were sold on Enomis. Their attention to detail and hands on, supportive approach made the experience fun and pressure free. After taking the Discover Scuba course with Lee, my wife said "If I'm going to get my Open Water cert., I'll only do it with Lee". I watched her go from being terrified to comfortable and beaming under water in just 4 short days. Lee invested the time and energy necessary to help my wife become comfortable under water. We even went on a night dive. She LOVES scuba diving now (much more than snorkeling). While my wife got her OW, I dove with Pino. He inspired great confidence and provided supportive input that helped me in honing my own diving skills. In the end, my wife and I enjoyed diving with the Enomis family so much that she went on several addl. fun dives and I got my Advanced OW cert. Great people (Lee, Pino, Will and Anita). Thanks for a great experience and making it possible to enjoy a sport I thoroughly enjoy WITH my wife!

Visited April 2013