“Top notch quality, attention, and staff!”

Island Diving Center
Ranked #8 of 35 Tours in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: Roatan's premier diving center and scuba school for divers of all ages. We are a full service PADI dive center located on the white sand beach of Half Moon Bay in the West End area of Roatan, Honduras. We teach all PADI courses and conduct dive excursions to the over 40 most popular dive sites along Roatan's reef. We keep our class and dive excursion sizes small for personalized service. Courses starting daily. Professional and friendly diving at its best!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife and I were visiting the West End of Roatan for the fourth time in two decades- our first ever kidless "big trip." I really wanted to learn how to scuba, but my wife was very tentative. By the time we earned our Open Water cert.s and had our last dive she wanted to go for more! Why? Because Enomis is not like the other dive programs in Roatan. Though they are reputable, they cater to more of a 20-something, party crowd and they deal in big numbers. Enomis is for anyone and they strive to keep the instructor to student ratio low. In addition to Instructor and Owner Lee's 6000 dive expertise, Enomis is populated by his cheerful wife, Anita; his experienced and kind Divemaster, Pino; equally personable and competent Captain Will; and Lee's friend and super experienced "volunteer" Han. We had a fantastic experience and both will return next summer to earn our Advanced Open Water cert.s and spend some time with the great people at Enomis.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I came to Enomis after not diving for a year, and after having a horrific diving experience in Guatemala in 2009. I spoke to Lee about doing a refresher and did just that, doing a shallow dive with the divemaster, Pino. Beforehand, I was given a refresher on setting up my equipment, and watched a video on the diving process. By the time I got in the water I was feeling quite comfortable. Pino stayed within an arm's reach the whole time and continually asked me if I was okay, which I was. I then did another dive with them and saw an assortment of cool fish, and did some swim-throughs, and had a great time. I wish I had been able to stay longer on Roatan so I could have done more dives with them. Completely recommend.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

AWESOME!! Use these guys. Small groups, great people, knowledgeable staff and a family atmosphere!
Stumbled across them on TripAdvisor. We visited Roatan as one of our stops while on a cruise. Before our cruise I emailed Lee and received an almost immediate response with all the information I needed. After reviewing everything they had to offer I emailed him again and asked about them taking me out to complete 2 of my dives needed towards an Advanced Open Water Certification and my wife completing the Discover Scuba class that can help lead her towards her Open Water Certificate. He responded back and was very happy to accommodate.
When we got to the shop it was like a family atmosphere. The staff was very personable, knowledgeable and well versed in all things scuba. My wife and I got split. She took the Discover Scuba class while I did my 2 dives. My wife had a one on one lesson the whole day with Luca while I had Lee as a trainer. My 1st dive was with Lee, Dino and a family of 3 that had been diving there for the past couple weeks completing their certifications. So, it was a rather small and intimate group which is what I was looking for. I had some trouble equalizing so Lee stayed right with me while Dino went down with the others. I eventually got down to the 100' and Lee took his time with me. If I had gone with another dive shop they would have sent me back to the top and completed the dive without me because they would have had a lot more people. The 2nd dive it was Lee and I and I had to lead the dive. Lee was a great teacher, very knowledgeable helpful and showed me things that we couldn't have seen if we had been with a large group.
My wife had her 1st dive with Luca while Dino took pictures and helped teach her some basics that helps put her on the right path for her Open Water. She loved the 1 on 1 teaching she received because he was only worried about teaching her and not having to deal with ton of others.
We loved this dive shop. They are a diamond in the ruff. It's a dive shop run by a diver who thinks like what a tourist diver/diver student would want to dive not to see how many people they can shove into a day and charge an arm and a leg. They are welcoming and friendly. I know I will return to this dive shop again.
If you are looking for a down home, knowledgeable staff, small class sizes and great people search no more this is it.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

A friend of mine recommended Enomis Divers and from the first moment I liked the atmosphere!
I decided not only to dive with them, but to do my Advanced and later on my Rescue and I loved it!
Small groups (during the training as well as in the water), intensive training with focus on my experience/ needs, top equipment and a very patient staff made this an amazing dive experience!
I would love to come back and dive with them again!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I chose this dive shop because of the limit of people taken out at a time and the experience that the staff has. I felt very comfortable and decided to get my advanced with them. They are very familiar with all the dive spots and will cater to what you want to experience. I recommend them to some friends after a few dives with them and their experience was just as great! I fully recommend them from a discovery dive to a full master diver course. My friend just did his rescue diver course and appreciated the one on one training. Check them out!