“Bad experience”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We visited Fosters Barking Monkey in West End for Sunday lunch. The views are quite nice in this multi level building. However, the food was not good at all. The fish tacos was basically a piece of fish rolled in a tortilla and deep fried with a questionable sauce to dip it in. Not good. The music which was being played at lunch time on a Sunday was totally inappropriate for families with children. We asked them to change the music which they did but got a dirty look from one of the waiters. I will not return to eat at this restaurant again.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

On Sunday nights in Roatan a lot of places are closed. That's how we ended up at Foster's West End. The service was good, The sunset views were great. The food mostly missed, but there were a few gems...the fish nugget app and the fresh fish dinner were hits. BBQ was dry. Drinks were cold. Not enough good to stay for dessert.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Last week my family and I visited Fosters Barking Monkey for dinner. It was a horrible experience. We waited over 90 minutes before our appetizer arrived - a plate of nachos. We waited almost another hour before the dinner arrived - basic quesadillas and burgers. Yes, the dinner took almost 2.5 hours. The wait staff was horrible and rarely checked back with our table. All the while, a DJ was working on his sound system playing the same song over and over and over. This was during Spring Break prime time between the hours of 5:30pm and 8pm. We had hoped to take a 7pm water taxi. I've been to Roatan on several occasions now and assure you I will NEVER go to this restaurant/bar again.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

My family and I recently visited this restaurant while visiting Roatan. I have no idea how this place has good reviews. I'm sorry but the service and food was horrible. We had nachos, so gross! Processed cheese - yuck! And the chicken was so gross.. the service was super slow and we had to try to find our waiter to pay. I would not recommend eating here. We all got a stomach ache from eating there and it actually wasn't priced very well either.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

This place got a high rating from others but we certainly won't go back. The Mojitos was the worst. Pure syrup! How can anyone screw up a cheese quesadilla? Don't know but they did. Not sure what all the hype was about. Keep walking and go on down to the Lobster Pot!