“Relax”

Dining options: After-hours
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relax”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I've lived in utila for 3 years and just got over to roatan for the first time, what a great place we stumbled on. The coldest beer around and the sweetest wait staff around. The owner Andy came to the table and sat with us and was very good company. I will be back often!!!

Visited March 2014

Saskatoon
“Our favorite beach restaurant”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Love the fish fingers (appetizer is plenty for 2 for lunch), coconut shrimp, and especially love the 3 lobster dinner special on Monday's. Service is laid back but friendly. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited February 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Go for lobster night...”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

You know, for $13 you get grilled lobster, inexpensive tasty drinks and live music that you just can't beat. Lobster here tasted the same as a $40 dish we had close by, so if you are in West End on Thursday night don't miss this. Thanks to Kevin for serving us so well and providing a fun filled evening for the 6 of us who were there celebrating newly arrived "just about to get married" couple...

Visited February 2014
Roatan, Honduras
“2012 - Great! ... 2014 - Awful!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have to update my previous review (there should be a link at the end of this review showing my old one). I had written a glowing review of Fosters while here on holiday and I have since moved to the island and the quality of this place has gone down considerably. I recently had some guests offer to take me out for dinner and on a Sunday night everything was closed except Fosters. I suggested it as I had such a good time here before, but what a 180 this place has taken. Totally run down, bathrooms in terrible shape (no water, no soap, no paper towel, no toilet paper), food was atrocious and took over 2 hours to get our 5 dinners out. Everything deep fried in oil that clearly needed to be changed, terrible presentation and over/undercooked everything. Not to mention the prices...they have gone through the roof!! The vibe at night is very unwelcoming and the service was slow and acted as though everything was a hassle (to be fair, this is fairly standard on Roatan, but if you want to serve the gringos and have guests pay exorbitant gringo prices, you need to train your staff in gringo service!) I had high hopes for Andy taking over this place because the structure is beautiful and it has a lot of potential, but I can't recommend Fosters at all anymore. Sad.

• Visited December 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Horrible,!!! Unprepared, Unprofessional”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Unprepared, Unprofessional, Slow to No service. Hungry guests were left without food for over 2 hours! Drinks coming in a variety of sizes with the same price!
A group visited the Barking Monkey with our Tour guide who had made prior arrangements for the arrival of 25 guests . After 2 hours and guests still not getting their order filled , Andy the owner was questioned about being prepared for our group. Andy made a verbal attack on one of the customers. Several of the group left the restaurant without food after 2 1/2 hours. The bill came and it was over $900. When questioned about the missing food, he offered to deduct $50. The leader had the email stating our arrival and the discount promised to the group. Never waste your time at this place! Unless hunger and insults are the plan for your day!

• Visited February 2014