“An absolute must!”

Ranked #7 of 65 Restaurants in West End
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A cafe serving great Espresso based coffees, quick breakfast sandwiches, French Toast, Asian style lunches, healthy delicious smoothies and cocktails! Come in and relax! We are a breakfast and lunch place. We open at 7:45am till 3pm. Closed Tuesday and Wednesday. If we happen to be closed out side of Tuesday and Wednesday feel free to try the many other places in West End. Remember to Relax and enjoy your stay.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This place is without doubt the best for food and coffee in West End. We came back regularly for breakfast and lunch, and even morning tea between dives with their exceptional cinnamon rolls! The owners are lovely and very welcoming, as are the rest of the staff. Great place to chill, read a book and even take a nap in the hammock. Also perfect for a post-dive cocktail on Friday and Saturday nights - the Monkey La La is a highlight.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We ate here multiple times over a 15 day holiday and found the daily diver special and the whole menu to be the best food for the price anywhere in west end! The large fresh salad was a welcome relief and the Mojitos are not to be missed! I am still dreaming of sipping a cold drink while swinging away in the hammock. Thanks Cafe Escondido for the great times, great food and fantastic memories!

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent fresh food. I love the greens as well, there is a hydroponic farm somewhere on island and the lettuces and herbs are fresh and wonderful. Great service as well, big smiles all around. Im not a big frozen drink fan usually, but the i ordered a second banana daiquiri because it was so damn good!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

There isn't too much more to say, that hasn't already been pointed out. This place is just fantastic & you must have a meal or 2 or 6 meals here if you are visiting. They have a great breakfast & lunch menu. I'm pretty sure I've tried everything on it now & I've loved everything. They also have a huge selection of drinks to satisfy whatever you're craving. Ive been known to add a lil non dairy creamer (aka Bailey's) to my coffee, not gonna lie. Bloody Mary's & Beermosas are delish, too :) I'll highlight a couple of my favorite food things as well. The Veggie & Cheese Omelet, the Brekkie Sandwich on whole wheat with egg, cheese, tomato, & avocado are super yummy. Add some hot sauce to spice things up. For lunch I usually go for their daily diver deals such as Mediterranean Chicken wraps or Veggie Burgers. Sometimes I just really need a Giant noodle bowl with tons of veg, spice, & meaty options. My favorite thing about the food is it's fresh, healthy & the portions are generous. But my absolute favorite thing about Cafe Escondido is the Staff & owners. They are the best. They always make me feel welcome & right at home (if my home was overlooking the caribbean ocean with tons of hummingbirds & lovely plants everywhere, yeah right i wish.) It can get a little crowded sometimes but I'm happy for them when it is & I know they'll take good care of me regardless & its absolutely worth the wait.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This rooftop restaurant despite being small was amazing. Everything we tried was to die for and the prices were amazing! We ate here numerous times which is very unlike us when traveling. You have to stop and try the banana pancakes, breakfast sandwiches and whatever the divers special is that changes daily. Such great food and atmosphere you won't want to try any where else.