“PIZZA!!!! Finally :)”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I've lived in Roatan for a year and a half now and have been desperately awaiting some quality pizza. While others have tried valiantly to impress, Joe and Wendy have finally succeeded. They've just unleashed Chubby Hubby Pizza on West End and locals could not be more excited! They're using high quality ingredients and cooking to perfection. This is the type of pizza that you burn your entire mouth on because you simply can't wait for it to cool down. It. Is. AWESOME. Thank you, Joe and Wendy!!!

TheBuenaVida, Owner at The Buena Vida, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Amanda, thank you for your kind words. We have been working on the Chubby Hubby brand for a number of months, as you know, and it is great to finally roll it out. Thank you again for your continued support and we look forward to continue to serve you at the BV.

-Joe and Wendy

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Day one, we met Joe and he made us feel SO welcome. When we saw him on the street, he remembered our names and greeted us like good friends. The live music is incredible, the atmosphere is simple and easy going, and the staff goes out of their way to make sure you are happy. By our third visit, which was within our first 4 nights on the island, we felt like were at our local bar back home, surrounded by "family." Music trivia is well done and fun, and the overall vibe is perfect island mentality. Joe knows customer service and has years of experience. Make this a destination during your stay.

TheBuenaVida, Manager at The Buena Vida, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Ellesbells, thank you very much for your kind review. Your comments are the ultimate compliment and they are what fuel our fire to keep doing what we do. Hope to serve you again in the future here on Roatan.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My Husband and I met Joe on a sunset cruise and he was so genuine and nice. Made us feel at home in a short time. After much conversation we discovered he owned a restaurant right in town. We felt so lucky to have met Joe at the beginning of our trip because it really made our Roatan experience extra special. Joe invited us to Monday night music trivia. We went and had an amazing time full of laughs, drinks and great people. Scotty C, the local DJ runs the event and does a great job. Throughout our stay in Roatan we were fortunate enough to make it to two music trivia's, had amazing meals for really good deals and always welcomed with a hug! Not to mention his wonderful staff remembered our names and our drinks, wow! Joe became a good friend and when we asked him for other food suggestions he had nothing but good things to say about other local restaurants. You can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at his restaurant (his pizza to come will be amazing, we got a sneak taste preview of it). I was saddened to see the previous comment as it seems they may have been just angry people. Disregard the Stay far far away review. It does not apply to The Buena Vida. Thank you Joe, my Husband and I can not wait to return.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! It was a pleasure to meet your and your husband and I am even more pleased you enjoyed your time on the island, especially your time at the BV. Music Trivia Mondays are always a blast and our Chubby Hubby pizza program is almost in full swing. Hope to se you guys again here on the island and at The Buena Vida. Keep living "The Good Life"!!!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I find myself in the unfortunate position of having to write a terrible review of this establishment. What once was a decently run restaurant has completely gone downhill where the owner Joe could care less how his clientele is being taken advantage of. We went for their well publicized Monday Music Trivia night and all you can eat Lion Fish Tacos. After our party of 15 had their orders taken and food was starting to be served Joe came to advise us they had run out of Lion Fish and we would only be charged the lunch price which was all of $2 cheaper than the "all you can eat" dinner price. Clearly they knew when they started cooking that they weren't going to have enough fish and they should have advised individuals at that time who may have wanted to change their order. But even worse than this was the fact that 3 people in our party were double billed by Joe's waitress for the same food and beverages. One of our party even went to Joe and said he was paying for "Roger's" meal, do you know who Roger is? Joe said yes, and he was pointed out to the waitress so she knew. She later proceeded to charge his food to another member of our party who paid it not knowing it had already been paid. When Joe was confronted the next day his response was "I don't need your 300 lps", he could care less that his waitress is double dipping and ripping off customers. Our party of 15 did not return for the remainder of our 3 weeks vacation and will never return again, though we are annual visitors to Roatan. They don't care about their reputation or their customers, plenty of better places to go to in West End, don't waste your time or money here! Should I even mention the rat that ran across Brenda's foot in the ladies room?

1  Thank BarbFry
TheBuenaVida, Owner at The Buena Vida, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Barb, I'm truly sorry you did not enjoy your experience at BV. Contrary to what you believe, I place enormous value on my customers' opinion and my reputation as a restaurant owner with integrity. I apologize for running out of lion fish that night - with an all you can eat item and a group your size as well as other customers, that can happen unfortunately. I did my best to make amends to your group and at the time no further issues were addressed with me at all. It was only the next morning that you returned to complain about your bill. A "doubled" bill is excessive and I would have hoped to be brought into the situation instead of you paying it and then waiting until the next day to confront me. I reviewed every receipt for the night and confirmed the amounts that the server charged on each individual check. Without you being able to tell me the amounts of what you were charged I cannot compare it to what is on record. Again, I'm sorry you did not enjoy the same great experience that so many other TA reviewers have had with us.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Help the Reef by eating Lion Fish! they have a all you can eat tacos for $9.75, they are really spicy if you are not the kind of really hot food, ask the waiter for them to take out the hot sauce.

TheBuenaVida, Owner at The Buena Vida, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

JP, thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA about our Lionfish Tacos. Some do find our sauce to be a bit hot and if there is any question we encourage to have it on the side. Keep helping to save the reef, eat more lionfish. Thanks again!

-Joe & Wendy