“Average Hotel but Great Dive Shop”

Splash Inn Dive Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in West End
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
“Average Hotel but Great Dive Shop”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed at the Splash Inn on recommendation from a co-worker. The room was cleaned daily and overall clean from the floor to the bed. The restaurant was good for the area, recommend the pizza. The dive shop was excellent. Really enjoyed diving with them and would recommend anyone staying in West End to give them a try. The dive instructors know the area very well.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Rafa_Brioso_, General Manager at Splash Inn Dive Resort, responded to this review, 9 August 2016
Dear Kris,
We appreciate that you took the time to write a review to share your diving and vacation experience and are glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday with us. We hope you visit us again, as you are already part of Splash Inn Dive Resort family.

Thank you!

Rafa Brioso
Splash Inn Dive Resort
info@roatansplashinn.com
Tel. (504) 97252372

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
phoenix
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We had a great time despite the humidity & the mozzies!! We know it was the rainy season but had no idea about how humid it was going to be. The staff at The Splash Inn were great. We were thankful it was the slow season because we got the chance to really talk with Keith and Victor about the real Roatan - not just what you see in the gorgeous photos. They gave exceptional service and were always willing to give us good tips on where to go, what to do, etc. The beds were very clean & comfortable, the room was clean and once we had the AC on it was extremely pleasant. The few improvements that need to be made: Shower pressure and temperature - it was hit or miss if you got hot water and when you did it was a very low trickle, especially if someone else in the hotel was using the water. It would have been nice to have a fridge in the room so you could keep beverages cold. Also would have been nice to have a coffee maker in the room. I don't think the public was ready to see us before we had our coffee. The hotel is located in a great spot - quick access to water taxis, bars, restaurants, etc. I would recommend The Splash Inn for anyone who is looking for an inexpensive hotel with great value and a wonderful staff. P.S. The breakfast was meh...

Room Tip: Get a room in the back - very quiet and private.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Skip the cruise ship excursions and hop in a taxi and take a 20 minute ride to Splash Inn Dive Shop. You get to see a little bit of the island and also get to avoid the large cruise ship crowds. Splash Inn is my favorite place to dive and I have been there three times this summer already. It's perfectly located in the heart of West End.

All of the diving staff at Splash Inn are PADI Instructors and they are always very concerned with diver safety. Riccardo led both of the dives this time (Hole in the Wall & Tabyana) and did a great job. Unfortunately we didn't find any rays or whale sharks this time! Riccardo, please try to schedule the whale sharks to be in the area next time. haha.. I like to set up my own equipment, but Splash Inn staff are always willing to do all the work for customers if you would like them to carry all your equipment to the boat and set your stuff up. The dive shop is directly across the street from the water which makes it very easy to walk out of the shop and get on the boat. The reef is very close to shore, so the boat ride to all of the dive sites is generally less than 10 minutes away. They are so close that all surface intervals are done back at the dive shop.

During surface intervals you have plenty of time to walk down the street and get a snack one of the multitude of restaurants and baleada shops up and down the street. My recommendation is to stop by the Blue Marlin and do your part to protect the reef by eating some Lion Fish. (Invasive Species)

Thanks again for an enjoyable day Justin, Serena, Mo, Riccardo and Boat Captain Ricardo!. See you soon on the next trip!

J - -

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Diver836
El Dorado, KS
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed in West End for a week-long dive vacation. The town of West End is a very low-key, inexpensive area and has a great “island” feel.

The Splash Inn hotel is a great value and is maintained well and very clean! Every day we noticed the staff cleaning the common areas, staining the woodwork, and our room was tidied up and cleaned each morning. The room had plenty of space for our needs and the A/C unit cooled the room down fairly quickly when we arrived each afternoon after diving. The location of the hotel was perfect and had the dive shop and restaurant right there on site. There were a few days after diving when having the restaurant right there was VERY handy. 

We didn’t have anything very negative about our stay. There were a few days when there was a bit of a sewer gas smell in the room. Come to find out, the city’s sewer system is fairly new and they are still dealing with some issues with the sewer install. Not a huge deal. We would have enjoyed having a pool, or some other way to relax outside near the water in the afternoon. The only real option was some of the common beach areas and with the sand flies, that wasn’t something we wanted to do. My husband and I both made it home with sand fly bites that took a couple of weeks to heal. Take insect repellant!

We will go back and stay at the Splash Inn.

Room Tip: We had one of the rooms above the restaurant which was one of the only rooms with an "ocean vie...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KSScubaDiver
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2013

On my second visit to Roatan, I decided to stay in West End rather than West Bay. I'm so glad I did as everything you need is in walking distance. Splash Inn was a friendly, clean, basic place to stay. A previous reviewer just about summed it all up...

Pros: clean, spacious room, great location, wonderful dive shop and staff, friendly hotel staff, decent restaurant on-site, free Wi-Fi, cable TV, water taxi to West Bay directly across the street, walking distance to all the restaurants/bars, and Half Moon Bay beach

Cons: Ants in the room, no mini-fridge

I can't say enough great things about the Dive Shop Staff. They were all friendly, responsible, safe, and fun.

As it is quite reasonably priced, I would definitely consider staying at Splash Inn again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ashley R
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I chose this hotel because of the price, location, attached dive center and its proximity to the Roatan Institute of Deep Sea Exploration. It is directly across the street from the waterfront, but there is not actually a beach. The water taxi service is directly across the street as well and is very convenient. My room has a great air conditioner unit, is very clean and has a nice big shower with hot water. The room key is required to operate the air conditioner so you cannot leave it on when you leave the room. The WiFi works great in the room and in the restaurant as well. There is no kitchenette or refrigerator in the room. They also offer laundry service if you need it. I had a decent breakfast here this morning, but nothing fancy. There are many shops and restaurants nearby so you will not get bored. I went to the dive shop yesterday and took a refreshing class and performed a refreshing dive today because it has been awhile since my last dive. The instructor was very knowledgeable, polite and patient. The dive shop rented me all of the gear needed to dive. My dive went very well and I plan to make more dives in the days ahead.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Windhoek, Namibia
Reviewed 3 September 2013

They received me with open arms. Not standing around avoiding new customers. Hotel a bit slow, but dive operation exxcelent. Hotel and service... good. Dive facilities very good and helpful. Access to dive boats from the hotel is excellent!. Sea life at dive sites is overall some of the best in the Caribbean. Dive instructors very good. After 5000 plus dives, I realy enjoyed my time with Splash and rate it as one of the best overall dive experiences. Please e-mail me for further info.

Room Tip: 1 st floor sea facing lovely with balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
#6 of 8 in West End
Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas
Seagrape Plantation Resort
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort

Been to Splash Inn Dive Resort? Share your experiences!