“Nice Dive!”

Splash Inn Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in West End
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was here due to a tour I paid, they pick this as the place for dive and stay. The choose made by the tour organiser was the best. This is a great place to stay and dive.
The Dive center crew is great!! The dives are awesome. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
splashinn_11, Gerente at Splash Inn Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thanks for taking your time to review us. We hope to see you back diving with us in Splash Inn.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently returned from another stay at the Splash Inn located in West End, Roatan. This is a nice place to stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff are quite friendly and very helpful. The food is very good and there are many other eateries steps away. The location is great. Sit and look out at the sea only feet away, as you dine in the open air. Prices are very reasonable also. They have a diving operation if you wish, or you can choose one of many nearby. I did not dive with them as I have friends at another shop on the island.

Room Tip: I like the upstairs rooms. I think there are eight of them.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Nice to know that you are happy with everyting in Splash Inn.
We hope that you can also dive with us the next time.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Splash Inn years ago when it was Pura Vida and had a good time. In April my son and I stayed for 5 days.The restaurant is still great,with a view of the sunset as it is on the West End.The rooms are very clean and the price can't be beat.I feel I have long time friends at the dive shop and look forward to returning.I have stayed at a number of resorts on roatan ,but I would recommend staying at the Splash Inn for diving,as you can dive great sites with 5 to 10 minute boat rides all week long.You can walk to small stores, shops and bars.

Room Tip: I didn't put excellent on sleep because of the local rooster crowing.But,hey it's part of th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Great to know that you came back to the island and stayed with us again. We hope to see you again in Splash Inn very soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

If you come to Roatan to dive, go to Splash Inn Dive resort. Great instructors, good gear and nice atmosphere. Lots of knowlegde about marine life and working actively on protection of the reef. They made my two weeks unforgetable and will be back for sure.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

We appreciate your comment and hope to see you back in a future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Splash Inn is a nice, clean, and centrally-located hotel in Roatan. It has a great restaurant with abundant portions, especially for those who get hungry after diving. The service was exemplary. We would recommend Splash Inn for couples and families looking for good location and comfortable stay near all dive shops.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
splashinn_11, Gerente at Splash Inn Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review us.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and our service.
Hope to see you back very soon in paradise...

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I spent 7 days with Splash Inn from 4/16-4/26.
The hotel, restaurant, and dive shop were very nice.
The room was always very clean and I rarely used the air conditioning. I did 18 dives in 7 days so I was rarely in my room except to rest, shower, and sleep.
Every dive was awesome thanks to Cristobal, Mauricio, Dorien and Serena.
I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Frank S
splashinn_11, Gerente at Splash Inn Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Nice to know that you had a good time diving with us.
We hope to see you soon back in paradise!!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

my sister and i just returned from 12 nights at the splash inn. from the first, adrianna ( owner) was very patient and helpful with all my tedious emails, as i am a disabled diver, and must ask many questions before travelling to be sure my disability can be accomodated. they had temporary ramps in place for me when i arrived to make the room and restaurant accessible, assuring my freedom to move about as i pleased. when i got there and we found one step that wan't ramped, they immediately built me one! thanks guys! when you're disabled, independence is everything!! the steps up to the dive shop are not ramped ( please fix that if you can at some point!) but serena, the dive manager, was always right there to bring me whatever i needed. however, please remember that independence is best, and frankly i would have liked to be able to more easily access the freshwater shower, and dive shop, which were up 2 steps. however, i can walk a little, and made do. the dive team was great. the boats were actually pretty easily accessible with a little assistance, which they were always right there to provide as i needed. there is a workable rampy incline to access the boat ( and relaxing) dock. thanks carey!! great boat captain! ( my nick name for him: ladder!) he was always offering a strong arm to pull me up when i needed assistance. the divemasters, mauricio, chris, dorian, monique, all the other's names who my feeble brain can't remember, were all excellent and knowledgable about their reefs and dive sites. they gave me all the assistance i needed gearing up and getting up and down the boat ladders. they do their dives one at a time, and return to the dock between each dive for your surface interval. the dive sites are very close to shore. so you're not trapped on a 2- dive boat in the morning if you only want to do one. i did one night dive, which was excellent, followed a hunting octopus. altho, at the end of the dive, when we turned off our lights, apparently they all thought i had died when they turned the flashlights back on, as i was slowly floating on my side in circles around them , who were all kneeling in a circle....c'mon guys, you all saw me arrive in a wheelchair with really messed up knees, did you really think i'd be KNEELING!!?! pretty funny! the hotel room was workable, tho not compliant with US ADA standards, but if you can stand and walk a little ( i use 2 canes) it worked quite well. there are no ADA adaptations, such as a clothes rod i could reach in the closet, or a shelf in the bathroom i could reach, but i just left stuff piled where i could get to it. hotel staff always very helpful and inquiring about my needs, and made sure i had extra towels, so i always had a fresh one to use to sit on when wet to protect my wheelchair. the food at the restaurant was very good, loved the fruit bowl in the morning! also the grill... that grill chef was excellent!! i travel to many tiny islands to dive, and found roatan to be pretty good at accessibiility for a tiny developing country island. there are a few stores that were ramped, and they got my business. one of the biggest obstacles i found was the 3 inch anchor ropes they use as speed bumps along the main street in west end. if you're in a car or motor scooter, you just slow down and drive over them. in a wheelchair ( i use a 3 wheel mobility scooter) they were a little more difficult, but locals moved them for me when they could be moved, and i carried a 1 x 4 piece of board with me ( from the splash inn) when out in the street to use as a "ramp". so i went freely where i could, and stopped when i encountered an unbreachable barrier. pretty standard travel for me. all in all, everyone was pretty helpful when i needed it. the end of the boat dock where the chairs are was wonderful ( and accessible) to watch each evenings sunset. and yes, i did see a GREEN FLASH!!! my first ever in 40 years of watching for one! the room was basic, but very clean and well tended. has TV ( all spanish) and A/C. the beds are pretty comfy. plenty of room to park scootie inside and re-charge at night. about the only drawback i can think of, and this is clearly not the hotel's fault, was the loud barking dogs on the property adjacent to and behind the hotel who started barking incessantly very early every morning. sometines on vacation, you just want to sleep late! thanks to all of you for taking such good care of me and trying to address all my mobility needs! the diving on roatan was spectacular! in my opinion, some of the best reefs/underwater gardens i've ever seen in 20 years of diving. And as with any caribbean island beware the sandflies/mosquitos.... we tried every repellent known to man, but the final score was bugs 6,549, us 4. they won.

Room Tip: i think they're all pretty good!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks a lot "Mebedivin",
It´s great to know that you and your sister enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for taking your time to review us. We are very happy with your comment.
Hope to see you back in Splash Inn very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West End
The Beach House
The Beach House
#4 of 9 in West End
Seagrape Plantation Resort

Been to Splash Inn Dive Resort? Share your experiences!