“Great Stay at Splash Inn”

Splash Inn Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in West End
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Had a great stay with my son for a week of scuba diving at Splash Inn. Based on prior TripAdvisor reviews, I was expecting a clean, comfortable reasonably priced property, and that's exactly what we got. Check-in was quick and easy, room was clean and everything worked well. Even during 1/2 day power outage, Splash Inn was one of few places in West End that had a generator and never lost a step.

Can't say enough about the diving. The whole gang there was just great. We're not highly experienced divers, but they bent over backwards to make us feel like we'd been diving for years. Walk out of our room, in the dive shop in seconds, all of our equipment and tanks would be already in the boat and we'd get briefed and walk right across the street to the dock. There's so many different dive spots, we never dived on the same place twice, and still didn't see everything. Splash Inn's dock is right across the street from the dock...couldn't be any easier.

Highly recommend the people and the property at Splash Inn.

Room Tip: Bring plenty of cash. Credit cards work in most restaurants, but tips are generally in cash, and so...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
splashinn_11, Gerente at Splash Inn Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

We are glad to know that you and your son had a great time diving with us.
We hope to see you back in paradise very soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My 15 year old son and I had a great holiday at the Splash Inn. Located right at the center of the West End, we rolled out of bed, downstairs at the dive shop in 30 seconds, and across the street and on the boat in 1 minute more. The dive shop staff, dive masters and captains were great. We're not hugely experienced divers, but they made us feel like kings. The hotel is a great value. What some of the high end resorts charge for one night, we paid for an entire week including the dive package. Clean, comfortable rooms, modest but well maintained. Excellent restaurant and friendly staff. One other added comment. During an early morning thunderstorm, power went out in West End for four hours. But Splash Inn was one of the few (if any) hotels and restaurants with a generator, and we never lost power. Loved the trip. Highly recommend Splash Inn.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I dove at Roatan in 2011 during a stop w NCL and I absolutely hated it! I won't mention the dive company but will *hint* that it was with a popular pricy resort in Sandy Bay.
Because I had always heard such wonderful things about the diving in Roatan, I decided to try the waters again. I am SO glad that I did and I owe it all to the team @ Splash Inn Dive Resort (Dorian & Cristobal). They really know how to take care of the divers and make each dive an incredible & a safe experience. I normally panic the first 10 min of every dive but was totally comfortable with the team by the second day. Captain Carry is the best so make sure he's at the helm! I usually get sick from the boat ride but all the sites are close to the island. We actually came back to the shop/inn between each dive to decompress and get full tanks.
The rooms are simple, clean and well-kept daily. The room had a powerful AC as well as a ceiling fan; the shower flow & temp were both good. Kudos to the housekeeping staff for noticing I was using 2 blankets at night and brought me a light knit blanket.
I didn't try too many items on the menu because the Roatan pizza was so delicious ~ I ate it a couple of times! And as expected on an island, the seafood served was extremely fresh. I also ate @ neighboring hole in the walls ~ Splash Inn is in the middle of everything in West End.
Overall an absolutely awesome adventure at an incredible price. I can't wait to go back and (possibly) do some night dives!

Room Tip: Room 10 is far furthest from the street noise but possibly an area where mosquito like to congregate...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AsianAbroad

Great to hear that you will come back to roatan choosing splash inn again.
From the dive center and hotel staff thank you for your comment.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a great "rustic" hotel right in the heart of the West End, surrounded by many small restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and dive shops. There are no "brand names", it was very nice to get away from all the usual chain hotels and restaurants. This is a great small hotel that is very clean, an open air restaurant where they grill fresh seafood every night in the fire pit right out in the dining area. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Splash Inn is in the heart of the West End, you can walk to many small restaurants, coffee shops, bars, and dive shops.

The Splash Inn dive shop was great! We arrived at the hotel around noon and by 2:00 PM we had eaten lunch and were on the dive boat heading out for our first dive of the week! Splash Inn dive masters Cristobal, Mauricio, and Dorian were great to dive with. Dee and I have some experience diving, and they took us to some great dive locations including some deep dives, and they let us dive as long as we had reserve air and no-deco time left. We have been on several dive trips in the past where everyone comes up after 35 or 40 minutes regardless of air remaining...it was nice to get 60 - 65 minute dives.

We did notice the instructors were very patient and helpful with new divers and students. This place is great for beginners an experienced divers. The dive shop manager, Serena, made sure we were well taken care of.

We can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill-from-Dallas

We appreciate your comment about our hotel and dive center and we are glad to know that you will come back soon.
Thank you from Splash Inn Dive Center

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Splash Inn is great for the diver who doesnt need a lot and wants to be close to the action. The location is perfect right in the middle of town but far enough away from the discos that you can sleep. AirCon is cold and included in the price. The rooms are clean and kept very well. The staff are friendly enough and will help you out as necessary. Our only real complaint was there is no coffee or drinking water in the room. Drinking water can be provided by staff at the restaurant in a pitcher or your plastic bottle but you have to seek it out. Most of them will pour you Island temperature water unless you ask for it cold.

We did not eat much here but what we had was OK. We did not use the dive shop so we cannot comment on that.

Overall it is exacty what we expected and paid for and we would do it again.

Room Tip: We had room 26 with the King Size bed. It was just at the top of the stairs and had an ocean view. S...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Martini33

Thank you Martini33 for taking your time to review us.
Nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our service.
About the coffee and water in the room, we don't have a fridge in the rooms but we do have room service for those guests who want to enjoy coffe or meals in the room.
Thank you for choosing Splash Inn dive resort.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed 11 nights at Splash Inn & was able to secure an ocean view double bed room.
There's nothing fancy about the stay but it was a solid accommodation option with a spacious room with a comfortable firm dbl bed, chairs to sit on, a closet drawers, & flat screen tv w/ cable.
The room had a fan & A/C that kept the room cool right after returning for the day out exploring Roatan. The housekeeper of Splash Inn did a great job every day & replenishing toiletries & cleaned the room nicely.
I would definitely recommend Splash Inn. Their reception staff were quite helpful including thinking ahead & helping me secure a cab to the airport.
Splash Inn's location is fairly central on the West End strip. It sits across from a water taxi pier which u would hail to West Bay.
There is a variety of options to eat in both directions, local cheap options to other types of restaurants. I enjoyed staying in the West End. It was nice walking the street in the morning & getting to know how the locals. Plus the places to eat are less mundane than the places I saw in West Bay.
It felt like I was seeing a more local side of Roatan instead of just seeing resorts at West Bay.
I only ate once at the restaurant & it was quite good. They had a mixed seafood plate that was tasty. There was so many options so I tried numerous places. Baleadas shops near by also made it more affordable to splurge for dinner.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank chiqee

We appreciate your comment and your time to review us and we are glad to know that you had a good time with us.
Hope to see you back in paradise very soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great experience. The staff, restaurant crew and dive operation did not disappoint. Right on the water with a fabulous view at breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you want to just relax or dive the Splash Inn is a must stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Great to know that you had a good time with us.
We hope to see you back in paradise very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West End
#4 of 9 in West End
10 mi away
Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas
Seagrape Plantation Resort

Been to Splash Inn Dive Resort? Share your experiences!