Flying into Roatan, we were in awe - palm trees, white sandy beaches and aqua blue water awaited us! Adi, the owner of Lands end, had arranged for us to be picked up at the airport. Our driver was there on time, with a sign greeting us.
We were driven to Lands End where we instantly fell in love with the laid back feel of the resort. Adi did a brief tour, showed us the bar, where they even have an "honor system" when the bar is closed and he then helped us carry our luggage to our room. The room our first night was not an ocean view, but had a king sized bed, very comfortable. We moved the next day to the Tucan, which was on the second floor with an ocean view. Beautiful to wake up to and amazing to fall asleep to the sounds of crashing waves.
Breakfast was out every morning from 7:30-10am. There were continental items, toast, cereal, fresh fruit, and coffee laid out. We could then order eggs and bacon, which were included in our room cost or something off the menu which would be more (waffles, etc.). We stuck with what was included as it was delicious!
Lands End wasn't fully booked while we there, so it was really peaceful. Monday night we checked out the live music at the bar - Adi, Cynthia and Konrad on the drums. They did cover songs for about 3 hours and the place was packed. It was beautiful to be sitting right by the ocean in an open air bar listening to live music! Incredible setting. Try their "Cariboo Lou" - its the bartender Ryan's special drink!
One our highlights was feeding the deer every morning at breakfast. These are THE most peaceful deer I have seen (we are from Alberta and see a lot of deer!). Adi has them trained so that they wait at the bottom of the stairs for you while you're eating. You can them hand feed them the leftover fruit rinds from your breakfast! So cool!
The pool was beautiful, small so definitely more for lounging in than swimming. We went snorkeling off the dock 4 or 5 times. Some great coral, but not quite as plentiful as we found West Bay to be. Worth checking out though.
There were safes in the rooms offered, but we just left everything locked up in our suitcases during the day (if we remembered!) and were never worried. The staff, Eva and some other helpers were all very friendly.
We loved the location - its about a 5-6 minute walk to the West End through lush jungle. From the resort to West Bay is about a 1 and half hour walk, which we did twice. Definitely do the walk, its neat seeing all the resorts and vacation homes along the way!
Adi also set us up with a great dive instructor, Konrad, who took us on 2 dives - great recommendation! All in all, a great place in a great location - GO!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the best area of Westend, Lands End is an Ocean Front Hotel Resort nestled in a world of its own, but close enough to the action where you can walk in three minutes!Perfect place for snorkeling and diving from shore, Enjoy spectacular views and sunsets year round. Lands End grounds include a lounge, pool deck, hammocks, bar, and beach! Most rooms with the exception of our bungalows come with a television, air conditioning, daily maid service, 24 hour help desk, flexible check in hours, free wi-fi and more! We have laundry service available and island deer (our pets). Come and have a cocktail in our saltwater infinity pool that overlooks the ocean and enjoy our dining at our on-site bar and restaurant! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Lands End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lands End - Ocean Front Hotel West End
- Lands End Roatan, Honduras - West End