“The Perfect Place”
Review of Lands End

Lands End
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in West End
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Lands End is located close to town but far enough away to be a peaceful retreat. The ocean front rooms are spacious, comfortable and very clean. The spacious balcony fronts a beautiful view of the ocean with warm breezes day and night. A large patio with adjoining salt water pool is where a delicious breakfast is served. There is also a large patio where you can lounge in the sun. Adi the manager is always around to help or share a smile. He can give lots of advice on things to do and be sure to to have him help with booking a trip to Utila aboard the Ruthless..not to be missed.
Ryan and the rest of the staff are very friendly and a pleasure to be around. The girls who cook the meals even gave me a tortilla cooking lesson! You can also rent a Jeep on the premises. The best bed and breakfast on the West End...I will be back

Room Tip: Upper floor ocean front are great
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 January 2013

I arrived into Roatan after dark after a harrowing trip that saw me in various airports with no sleep for over 30 hours where I checked into a West End cabin (recommended by someone who supposedly knows the Island). It was too dark to venture out for something to eat, there was no water to drink or brush my teeth, the room was not clean...red ants everywhere, and the roof leaked.... and there was no WiFi connection. I telephoned my husband (on Utila) who started calling around Roatan and LANDS END to the rescue! Adi got out of his warm bed to personally pick me up around 10 pm. He saw me into my dry room, ensured I had everything I needed, got me hooked up to WiFi and left me to rest. The next morning he greeted me with hot coffee and introduced me to his pet deer. After a tasty breakfast (I could pick whatever I wanted) of a toasted bagel with bacon and bowl of fresh fruit Adi personally drove me to the airport. the service was above and beyond and the bed was comfortable and dry!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank OnlySoccer
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

If you want to stay close to West End but without the hustle and bustle then this is the place!
Great staff and perfect rooms and the deer in the garden are a lovely touch.
Make a point of grabbing a drink at the bar and enjoy the amazing sunsets...

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at Lands End … and we’re planning to return. Land’s End is kept in immaculate condition and the owner Adi is welcoming and attentive from morning until night. The Ladies in the kitchen prepare and enormous and delicious breakfast every morning starting with good coffee a big bowl of fresh fruit. Town is a pleasant 6 minute walk away where you’ll find restaurants and dive shops galore, and excellent snorkeling, all in a wonderfully laid back atmosphere that will make you happily forget what time of day it is. For 3 bucks you can take a beautifully scenic ride on a water taxi (always available) from West End to West Bay, where there are more restaurants to choose from and a wonder beach with some of the best snorkeling that we’ve ever experienced. In the evenings before venturing out for dinner we had our drinks at The Green Flash – Land’s End sea side bar. Ryan the bar keep is fabulous. We found Land’s End to be a perfect location… slightly off the beaten path… quiet but only minutes from the action. We can hardly wait to return to Roatan and wouldn’t think of staying anywhere other than Land’s End.

Room Tip: One of the four units with a seaside view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TinaRausa
Reviewed 7 January 2013

After lugging around 24 family members for 8 days during our Roatan extended family bash -- with restaurants either not being able to handle our large party or forcing us to wait well over an hour for food to be served -- we stumbled upon Lands End. Eureka! My wife put in an order for a buffet-style prix-fixe dinner for our 10 remaining family members (with drinks and dessert a-la-carte) the day before our last night there and Adi, the manager and his staff, pulled off the best dinner of our trip! The food kept coming and coming -- lobster tails, shrimp, rice, chicken, salad, etc, etc. A stunning value for the money. I own a restaurant and can't say enough good things about the place. The view is stunning, overlooking the water, the grounds are perfect. The only drawback is that it is a short walk out of town north of Half moon bay but this was a tiny price to pay for showing up and being seated at our banquet table. The drinks were great and the food was out in no time. A note to travelers when staying on the west end: avoid a place on the main strip. A place like Lands End on the north side of the harbor gets nice tradewinds blowing from the NEE and is many degrees cooler than a buggy, hot place downtown. And the best dive shop in town is only a couple hundred yards away!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
LandsEndResort, Manager at Lands End, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Thank you for choosing Lands End for your family dinner. It was a pleasure to be your host. Any time again! Your kind review is double appreciated. We did not know we served a fellow restaurant owner :-)

I would like to use this occasion to clarify our sometimes confusing opening hours: Due to the close vicinity to the center of Westend our guests usually walk into town for dinner and enjoy the wide variety of flavors served on the strip. Our hotel is too small (9 rooms) to justify a permanent restaurant. However, we gladly open our doors for dinners by the sea by request (min. 4). Please note that we only serve hand selected lobsters 1lb+, exceeding the Roatan-Responsible-Seafood-Guidelines by 150%. For any dinner reservations, please min. 24hrs notice required (same day - shopping for ultimate freshness).

Usually our guests are out all day, diving, snorkeling, ziplining, etc. In case our guests decide to spend their day in (at Lands End) we gladly serve food and drinks at lunchtime too.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I stayed at Lands End Resort over Christmas and had a wonderful time. Adi was a great host, very helpful and Ryan the bartender was a sweetheart. Even though I was travelling alone, I felt at home at the resort. The breakfast that's included was really good, I always ordered the tipico which is eggs, bacon, toast, refried beans, and fresh soft tortilla's. Mmmm.... The location couldn't be better. You're right on the water with beautiful views, I went snorkeling off the shore. You can walk into "town" in under 5 minutes so you're close enough to go party at night and stumble home but don't have to put up with the noise of the partying when you're ready to sleep. They've got a herd of deer on the property and when I was there they had 2 fawn's, so cute! I would recommend Scuba Roatan if you're there to scuba dive. It's a family run business and the crew are amazing! The dive shop is the first one you'll hit when walking into town.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Bundu bungalow for 6nts. The room was affordable and nice. It didn't have AC...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

The place is really calm at the end of west end so very practical.
There is no beach and the access to the see is not so easy (there is no ladder which can be difficult for kids or old persons). If the see is rough you cannot go in but half moon beach is really close.
The terrace where you can lay is nice but old and needs renovation (none of the showers was working).

Breakfast is good but nothing special.

The bar is nice but often closed and they often don' t have fruits ( if you like shakes it's better to go out).

Swimming pool is small and in concrete so not very nice to see.

Adi,the owner, is very kind and always helpful.

About the rooms:
First night we had 'Faro' room and it was really small with a ugly shower not very clean.
Then we had 'venado' room, beach front and apart from the noise of people walking upstairs, the room was very big and bathroom clean and nice with a beautiful balcony and hammock. However the price is not cheap.
We could see the 'tiki' room and it's really small. the bathroom floor has some holes and you can see the ground bellow since the bungalow is lifted up...not very good if you don't like insects.

• Stayed: January 2013
#4 of 14 in West Bay
Foster's West Bay
Foster's West Bay
#8 of 14 in West Bay

Been to Lands End? Share your experiences!