“loved the place!”
Review of Lands End

Lands End
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in West End
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had a group trip to Roatan and really enjoyed staying at Land's End with Adi. Ryan makes the best Monkey LaLa's - don't let anyone tell you differently! The deer are always around begging for fruit scraps and using you as human salt licks. The breakfasts can't be beat and I fell in love with the coffee! We came at the tail-end of a big storm and didn't get to use the pool. That would have been the icing on the cake! Thanks for having us!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanne R

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Beyond Expectations !

I’ve been thinking of travelling to Roatan for years now and - as I was looking for something special for these solo holidays – I finally made up my mind and booked my trip to Honduras.
As usual before booking the hotel I decided to check reviews on Tripadvisor ! I was not willing to stay in a resort at that stage so looking to some B&B reviews I found that Lands End Resort was rates as #1 in West End .. so I’ve immediately sent info request to the hotel.
Adi – the Resort manager - was very quick in answering and giving tips on accommodations & any other useful info (ATM, AC power , jeep & scooter renting ..Thanks Adi for your patience !!).
So I booked my room and from the first minute of my stay at Lands End I got the feeling I had made the right choice ! The place, the room, the staff , the others guests, the magic atmosphere, the infinity pool, the drinks , the food , the weather (yes it’s always like that !!!) … Should I go on or is it clear I really LOVED this place ???
Inside the resort :
My room (Venado, 1st floor, ocean front) was simply great and huge ! I used the fridge to store some water and coke even if water is anyway always available 
The breakfast was great (again, sorry !). You could have tortillas, eggs, bacon or “simply” some toasts or pancakes .. yummy …
Restaurant is not always opened for dinner but however when it was I got lobster or chicken skewers and it was simply delicious.
Bar is opened from 3.00pm to 10.00pm and Ryan is always available to make nice cocktails.
Outside the resort:
5min walking and you’re in the busy West End ! Here you can find diving centers, groceries, restaurants, pubs , shops and ATM.
You can get a regular taxi or water taxi to go to West Bay (amazing beach !!).
I personally choose to rent a scooter for 10 days and to visit the island (well I’ve been to French Harbor almost 1hour ½, I wouldn’t recommend to go over just because you really get exhausted !)
Activities @Lands End :
- Snorkeling : there’s a direct access to the ocean from the deck
- Renting Jeep : I strongly recommend it ! If you want to enjoy lovely places and drive till Camp Bay (far east)

Well, I’ve said enough to make it clear that Lands End is to place to be in Roatan !
Now all I need to do is .. planning my next stay there !!

Room Tip: Ocean Front
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank CaterinaCTheHague
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Love staying with Adi at Lands End! This was our second trip and the only place I want to stay on Roatan! Always have first class service with Ryan as our bartender and Mercedes as our cook/housekeeper! Beautiful place right on the ocean with lots of fun hanging out with great people..always feel pampered while I'm there. So hard to leave our friends and their amazing island! We'll see you next year, my friends..love you y'all!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Lands End was fantastic. Low key and relaxed. Staff was friendly and responsive. Great vacation! Great pool and deck with the bar overlooking both. You can dive right into the ocean off of the deck. Heaven.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
LandsEndResort, Manager at Lands End, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Thank you for your friendly review for Lands End. It was a pleasure to be your host. Hope to welcome you back soon. Adi

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Perfect place if you like to be in west end. Enjoy the private Beautiful views, right on the iron shore and the ocean and only a 5 min walk to all the hustle and bustle of West End! Relax in the pool and enjoy their fantastic atmosphere with deers walking around in your back yard. Bar tenders are great and Adi is the perfect host. Great to rent the 4x4 jeeps and explore the island! My first and only pick of the West part of Roatan !

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your great review for Lands End, especially for mentioning how close we are located to the busy Westend strip.

We have taken great effort to provide accurate maps on our website. Still any map seem to make Westend bigger than it really is - and with it - create the impression Lands End might be far away from all the dive shops, bars and restaurants. In fact it is only 6 minutes into town and only 20min walk from one end to the other.

thanks again
Adi

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Lands End was the perfect choice for my us. My husband and I are divers and we wanted to stay somewhere low-key and mellow...no late night parties, all-you-can-eat buffets or "entertainment".

We found EXACTLY what we wanted - wonderful people, beautiful sunsets, a comfortable and charming bar, relaxing salt water pool, great views and fantastic breakfasts.

First - the people:
Adi was a charming and helpful host who, literally, made us feel like family. He went above and beyond the call of duty... He gave us all kinds of pointers about what to see and do on Roatan when we weren't diving. (More on the dive operation that we used - Scuba Roatan owned by Reno and Amanda -in a separate post. They get a 5 also!)

Ryan was the bartender/transportation provider and, just like Adi, made us feel like family. We honestly felt like we "belonged" within a day of our arrival. Ryan took the time to sit with us on the deck and chat about life and Roatan. We really enjoyed our conversations with him.

Mercedes was not only THE BEST cook (hand made tortillas, fresh local eggs and veggies...) but kept our room spotless. Plus she is one of the sweetest and most cheerful people I have ever met!

Plus - Katie, Nadia, Amanda, .....just all fun and caring folks.

Second - the lodge:
Lands End is small and rustic.Adi is upgrading like mad (new decking, wifi, upgraded restrooms...), but I know that he'll keep the rustic feel. Open air bar and restaurant, saltwater pool, rare local deer (which wander at will around the compound), tree-shaded sandy courtyard area, new decks with lounge chairs.....all combined to make it totally relaxing. The common areas drew the guests. So, by the end of the week, we all were great friends from socializing.

Third - the rooms:
We stayed in Wahoo - a second floor ocean front king room. It was large and airy and had a balcony where we started each day with a cup of coffee. We are VERY early risers, so the inroom coffeepot was a blessing. After the coffee, we'd do a sunrise dip in the pool. Perfect way to start the day.
The room has a small mini-fridge in addition to the coffeepot. And, although we never used it, it has a TV. It also has airconditioning and a ceiling fan. We would run the airconditioning only while we slept. The rest of the time the fan and the open doors and windows kept the room very comfortable. The windows and sliding door to the balcony have screens, so there is no mosquito netting over the bed. However...we also left our front door open and never had mosquitos. (There are sand flies in sandy areas all over the island. I never got bitten, but I tend not to have any bug problems no matter where I go. Just bring bug spray.)
The shower had plenty of pressure and hot water.

Finally - location:
Perfect!!! Outside of the town of WestEnd, but a short and pleasant walk to get into town. The location meant that Lands End was QUIET! We love that. We rented a jeep through Adi and drove all over Roatan in the afternoons after diving. We didn't find anywhere that we would rather have been.

In sum - if you value sunsets over limbo parties; prefer to go out diving or snorkeling instead of out to clubs; enjoy conversations over a cold beer more than shouting over rock or technopop while sipping a $15 cocktail.................then Lands End's your kind of place.

By the way...we would have LOVED to upload more pics. But....it seems that we are limited here. If we can figure out a way to upload more or supply a link to PhotoBucket, we will.
In any event...go to Roatan and stay at Lands End.

Room Tip: The four oceanfront rooms all have a western exposure and beautiful sunsets. We liked the second flo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wiwo
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I was living in West End for a month volunteering for a clinic, and while we didn't actually stay at Lands End, from the time we discovered it a week into the trip, it felt like home because we were there almost every day.

They have a pool bar and restaurant, with comfortable couches and free wifi. The pool itself is an infinity pool filled by the ocean and there's patio/deck area with lounge chairs and hammocks. It's a very peaceful setting where you can move around to whichever place you're in the mood for.

Most important was the staff. The bartender, an intern from Austria was awesome, played good, and would make creative drinks if you asked. Ryan, the manager was extremely helpful and friendly, offering advice and helping us rent one of their jeeps to tour the island. Adi, the owner, arrived part way through our stay and always made us feel welcome and part of the Lands End family. He also started doing Monday pool parties, a day when many restaurants were closed, where he had food and drink specials and live music.

As our trip is ending, we are talking about how we will someday come back to Roatan, and when we do, Lands End will be our number one choice to stay at!

• Stayed: July 2013
Grand Roatan Caribbean Resort
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#4 of 14 in West Bay

Been to Lands End? Share your experiences!