We spent a week on Roatan at Land's End and overall enjoyed our stay here. We booked pretty much at the last minute so it was the best choice available to us at that time. Adi the manager was prompt in our inquiries prior to choosing, that and the fact they had deer made us go with Land's End. I did a bit of research on Tripadvisor,so I sort of knew what to expect. As one reviewer correctly stated the West End is not the French Riviera it is laid back here big time! It took me half the week just to slowdown to speed. I waited awhile before I wrote this review to really give an honest appraisal of the place and our experiences there.
Room: 120USD per night for the Vernado waterfront view. Spacious with a bed more comfortable then the Hyatt we stayed at in DFW. Plumbing fixtures, interior etc. needs updating
Housekeeping service was good except for the first day when we arrived. We let Dave the acting manager know and he took care of it.
Location: Superb, In a safe neighborhood 5 minutes to Half-Moon Bay's Bars restaurants etc. 8min. walk to West End- On the Ocean with a fantastic view-we saw the green flash-awesome sunsets! off the beaten path but barely.
Food- great breakfasts and fantastic coffee- Dinner/lunch- ate here about four times and overall I had 2 really awesome meals and 2 good/average meals. Mike the chef makes cream sauces that are four star plus! Shrimp Mediterranean was great!
Service- Amanda and Mercedes cook and/or clean and are just sweet hardworking ladies. Amanda would give us fruit scraps everymorning to feed the deer. Ryan the bartender was excellent and accommodating. He makes a killer Monkey LaLa! Dave the acting manager was helpful when needed and is the guy for tips on what to do around Roatan.
Value- We spent a week on Roatan and do plan to come back so we asked around for info on other hotels just to get a local comparison. Nearby there are places for less money but the rooms are smaller and they don't have a bar/restaurant etc. Based on what we saw around the island we thought maybe our room could've been maybe 15-20% per night cheaper all things considered-the resort was half-full during the week. Although most of the food we had at the restaurant was delicious it was slightly more expensive then other nearby venues. Throw in a few more shrimp on the plate and were good.
Bottom line- if you want to go to a no frills, laid back place to relax then Land's End is your place. The place needs a bit of TLC so Its not the Four Seasons but its staff, location and of course the deer make it special. Overall we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the best area of Westend, Lands End is an Ocean Front Hotel Resort nestled in a world of its own, but close enough to the action where you can walk in three minutes!Perfect place for snorkeling and diving from shore, Enjoy spectacular views and sunsets year round. Lands End grounds include a lounge, pool deck, hammocks, bar, and beach! Most rooms with the exception of our bungalows come with a television, air conditioning, daily maid service, 24 hour help desk, flexible check in hours, free wi-fi and more! We have laundry service available and island deer (our pets). Come and have a cocktail in our saltwater infinity pool that overlooks the ocean and enjoy our dining at our on-site bar and restaurant! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Lands End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lands End - Ocean Front Hotel West End
- Lands End Roatan, Honduras - West End