“Quiet, friendly, cool deer.”

Lands End - Ocean Front Lodge
Ranked #3 of 13 West End B&B and Inns
austin
“Quiet, friendly, cool deer.”
Reviewed 10 June 2009

There are cheaper places, but Lands End was still a good value. The manager, Adi, made a point of getting to know all the guests and make everyone feel welcome. If you need anything, want to go anywhere, see or do anything, start by talking to Adi.
Most nights the bar was pretty empty, but one night they had a band and a good crowd. The rooms were always quiet and relaxing. If you are looking for a great pool, this is not the place. Even when the pool is full, it is a salt water pool with a max depth of about 4 feet. However, you can snorkel right off the property.
If you are looking for quiet, secluded, off the beaten path and relaxing then this may be the place for you.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
winnipeg
Reviewed 17 May 2009

We were alone as guests for 4 days, so no excitement around the bar, like some reviews.
Pool was empty for 2 days and then they filled it. They had a supper catered in one night
and beer bottles were thrown in the pool. They were still there broken 10 days later when we left. It was cheap, but there were better deals around.
PS. the deer were awesome.
I have been a member of TA for awhile, and this is my first review, and I felt I would send this as newcomers to TA all say its wonderful. Hmmm

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chico1
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 6 May 2009

From the moment I arrived I absolutely loved Lands End. I was immediately greeted by the welcoming owner, Adi, and taken to a wonderful room that was well appointed and very spacious. The staff was so friendly-especially Joe, the bartender at the on-site bar, the Green Flash. I was able to watch a beautiful sunset from the deck, and thoroughly enjoyed the company of the staff and other travelers. The location is perfect-less than a 5 minute walk into town with stunning views of the sea, I couldn't have picked a better hotel to stay at while in Roatan. I hope that my travels eventually lead me back to Roatan so that I can learn how to dive, and stay at Lands End once again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank LC3000
Santa Barbara
Reviewed 30 April 2009

I have just returned from spending 2 fantastic weeks basking in all of the glories of Lands End. Adi is the most welcoming and supportive, hospitable host. We felt right at home. The open air dining area/bar and rustic setting are ideal, natural and beautiful with such a warm and open environment, that it is quite easy to settle in and be very comfortable. The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is delightful. The breakfast is a treat and a welcome gathering of guests to discuss the daily adventures.

I cannot wait to return and tell everyone to visit as it is sure to please!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank tresgenerations
Houston
Reviewed 26 April 2009

Adi is the perfect host! We felt we were his personal house guests! The impromptu jam sessions and lively chats at the bar were a huge hit for us! The deer were definitely my favorite. I highly recommend Land's End to anyone. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Tegucigalpa
Reviewed 20 April 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at Land's End, the place has the most spectacular view ever, and it is close enough to walk to the action and night life but far enough to be quiet and restful. It was a wonderful experience, and Adi the administrator, really makes an effort to ensure that the guests are happy!.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2009

We came to Roatan to get married with a group of 12 people, all of whom stayed at Lands End. We had a great time and Adi was extremely helpful in finding us a wedding planner, setting up the reception (with a killer band!) and make sure our group was as busy as we wanted to be during the week.

My (now) wife and I wanted to do a destination wedding but not in the typical style at a huge resort where it's hard to keep the group together and there are too many people/families around. We took over Lands End and took full advantage of every amenity (especially the bar).

With a group or traveling solo, Land's End is a great place to stay. No one in our group had any complaints and one person even stayed for an extra week. I would highly recommend it to anyone considering going to Roatan.

Thanks Adi - Keep up the great work!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
Sueno Del Mar Resort
Sueno Del Mar Resort
#7 of 7 in West End
Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center

Been to Lands End - Ocean Front Lodge? Share your experiences!