“The most wonderful place in the world.”
Review of Lands End

Lands End
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in West End
Texas
“The most wonderful place in the world.”
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I LOVED the Land's End. It was truly more than I could have even imagined. I don't even know where to begin so I will begin with the staff may be the most helpful in the world. You arrive and the place is just perfect. Low music playing, smiling faces from Adi, Mercedes and Eva and you sit and have a drink under the giant cabana and look out at the Caribbean. Our cab driver overcharged us and so Adi called a contact and actually took me to the airport to get $15 dollars back from the cab driver (incidentally I also got to go the grocery store with Adi to get supplies and that was a unique experience as well). Back at the hotel, Mercedes cooked up some wonderful fish and calamari and we swam in the infinity pool enjoying the never-ending supply of Port Royal (this place has everything you could want to drink!). They also have rescued deer that live on the premises and they give you kisses=) The room that we had was the ocean view room on the bottom. It was large, clean, well -kept, and had wonderful light and a wonderful view. This room is all that any traveler should ever need, but it might be worth saying for the more luxury demanding travelers that this is still Honduras a third world country. These rooms are incredibly nice and well appointed but it is also more simple than the Ritz. Either way it was absolutely perfect. The only two negatives (if you can call them that) were that the bed was a bit hard and the bottom floors are susceptible to hearing the guests above you walking around. My friend LOVED the bed because she likes hard beds so it was perfect to her - I just happen to like soft beds so I don't really think this is a negative.

Adi and Eva are excellent hosts and lovely to chat with! I had to call Adi at eleven PM because I got stuck in the West Bay (take a taxi before 10 pm guys) and he was able to give me the number of a drier who was still working! He also spent a long time making phone calls driving to find a captain who would take my friend and I to the Cayos Cocinos because his regular guy was not available. Basically, they try to make your stay as wonderful as possible and can provide you with pretty much anything that you ask for if you ask in time. They also sell bug spray and other things at the hotel so in theory you would never have to leave. I love beans so they made sure that I could have beans with my breakfast everyday even though that is not normal=)

All in all it was absolutely perfect - oh and they also have the best sunsets on the island I think. I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2010

Land's End is the best place to stay in Roatan. Best location, best view, best sun sets, best bar, best food, best staff........it’s the best. I met other solo travelers, couples and families. You can jump into the ocean anytime and find fish, coral, sea life and my favorite…turtles! Adi is great! He and the staff will take such good care of you. Clean rooms, friendly atmosphere…paradise. I can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Seattle
Reviewed 19 April 2010

This place hit the node just right for me. I wanted to be off the regular path, but not completely isolated. It's close enough to walk right into the West End, but just far enough away to be very quiet.

Land End's has the best spot for seeing the sunset from their palapa bar with the salt water pool right next door. The reef is just 10 feet from the dock and the wall... maybe a 100 feet swim away. Perfect for snorkeling.

The food was fantastic and the atmosphere perfect. I met all sorts of interesting people and was able to keep to myself whenever I wanted.

Highly, highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Baltimore,MD
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Just got back from a week long vacation in West End. We had a really awesome time at Lands End. Adi runs a great resort. You MUST have Mercedes cook you a meal! I don't know what she does to the fish but it is the best I have ever had!!! Adi will give you all the island advice you can handle. His niece Emma is super friendly and helps the place run efficiently. My favorite part, of course, was the deer. Great Job all around guys.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2010

Land's End is within walking distance to town. Adi and the staff are excellent, the bar is fun for happy hour (thankfully closes down early), and the deer are an added bonus.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Adi, Carmen, and Mercedes were so accommodating and fun to be around. I got to chat with Mercedes and Carmen at length, and they are wonderful ladies. Adi is helpful and will give expert advice about the island. Such a cool system with the honesty bar, and the deer that walk around the hotel definitely add some character (you can pet them and feed them!).

If I come back to Roatan, I will definitely stay again!

Thanks to Adi, Mercedes, and Carmen!

Marianne

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
michigan
Reviewed 21 February 2010

We just returned from our trip to Roatan.We had a Great vaction at Lands end resort.Adi the owned was so helpful and always there . When we wanted to do an island tour he set one up ASAP. Tina,our tour guide couldn't have been ant better!! The resort was a great value and within walking distance of west end shops and bars.Also a short water taxi away from west bay beach "FANTASTIC" .Thanks for e great Vacation.John and Tina O.

Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Grand Roatan Caribbean Resort
Splash Inn Dive Resort
Splash Inn Dive Resort
#2 of 8 in West End

Been to Lands End? Share your experiences!