I LOVED the Land's End. It was truly more than I could have even imagined. I don't even know where to begin so I will begin with the staff may be the most helpful in the world. You arrive and the place is just perfect. Low music playing, smiling faces from Adi, Mercedes and Eva and you sit and have a drink under the giant cabana and look out at the Caribbean. Our cab driver overcharged us and so Adi called a contact and actually took me to the airport to get $15 dollars back from the cab driver (incidentally I also got to go the grocery store with Adi to get supplies and that was a unique experience as well). Back at the hotel, Mercedes cooked up some wonderful fish and calamari and we swam in the infinity pool enjoying the never-ending supply of Port Royal (this place has everything you could want to drink!). They also have rescued deer that live on the premises and they give you kisses=) The room that we had was the ocean view room on the bottom. It was large, clean, well -kept, and had wonderful light and a wonderful view. This room is all that any traveler should ever need, but it might be worth saying for the more luxury demanding travelers that this is still Honduras a third world country. These rooms are incredibly nice and well appointed but it is also more simple than the Ritz. Either way it was absolutely perfect. The only two negatives (if you can call them that) were that the bed was a bit hard and the bottom floors are susceptible to hearing the guests above you walking around. My friend LOVED the bed because she likes hard beds so it was perfect to her - I just happen to like soft beds so I don't really think this is a negative.
Adi and Eva are excellent hosts and lovely to chat with! I had to call Adi at eleven PM because I got stuck in the West Bay (take a taxi before 10 pm guys) and he was able to give me the number of a drier who was still working! He also spent a long time making phone calls driving to find a captain who would take my friend and I to the Cayos Cocinos because his regular guy was not available. Basically, they try to make your stay as wonderful as possible and can provide you with pretty much anything that you ask for if you ask in time. They also sell bug spray and other things at the hotel so in theory you would never have to leave. I love beans so they made sure that I could have beans with my breakfast everyday even though that is not normal=)
All in all it was absolutely perfect - oh and they also have the best sunsets on the island I think. I cannot wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the best area of Westend, Lands End is an Ocean Front Hotel Resort nestled in a world of its own, but close enough to the action where you can walk in three minutes!Perfect place for snorkeling and diving from shore, Enjoy spectacular views and sunsets year round. Lands End grounds include a lounge, pool deck, hammocks, bar, and beach! Most rooms with the exception of our bungalows come with a television, air conditioning, daily maid service, 24 hour help desk, flexible check in hours, free wi-fi and more! We have laundry service available and island deer (our pets). Come and have a cocktail in our saltwater infinity pool that overlooks the ocean and enjoy our dining at our on-site bar and restaurant! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Lands End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lands End - Ocean Front Hotel West End
- Lands End Roatan, Honduras - West End