“Nice place, great people!”
Review of Lands End

Lands End
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in West End
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We stayed at Lands End for a few night and really enjoyed it. The people are amazing! The breakfast was amazing! The sunset view was amazing! We loved the happy hour at the bar - gave us a chance to chat with other travelers. Lands End also have movie and popcorn nights which was a really nice touch. The room had a comfy bed and a lovely patio overlooking the water. There was snorkeling available off the shore (note: no beach here - it is a coral shore) but I was afraid to get in for fear of hurting myself on the coral or stepping on an urchin (there were many visible!).

Only critique would be that the room we stayed in could use some TLC. A coat of paint and a better cleaning of the surfaces like the glass tables would go a long way. Some of the furniture was stained and there were lots of tiny ants crawling on the chairs. Cosmetic stuff though, which is easy to fix.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lands End

Reviewed 19 August 2010

My wife and I recently stayed 8 nights at Lands End and we had a great time. The hotel is clean and comfortable, the food was very good and the staff was even better. Staying there made our trip much better than it would have been if we had stayed elsewhere. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Axelson9
Reviewed 24 July 2010

I stayed for two weeks at Lands End Inn at the end of June/beginning of July. I had never been to Roatan, but chose this desitnation and Lands End Inn because I had read that this is a great destination for snorkeling right offshore. I could not have made a better choice! the Inn was absolutely lovely. I had one of the Queen rooms - second floor with an ocean view balcony. It was fabulous to sit on the balcony and watch and listen to the ocean. Then, there was great snorkelling right from the hotel (though no beach if that is what you are after). I was lucky enough to see sea turtels, baracuda, and a spotted eel. During my two week stay I snorkelled pretty much every day, either at the hotel or at West Bay - which was also fabulous. the hotel itself was super comfortable and clean with all the amenities one would need (good bed, nice room, hot water, air con). The manager Adi, along with Ava and Mercedes who also work there, were super friendly and helpful. Mercedes made the lovely breakfasts that were included in the room price. The resident 4 deer, that have adopted the hotel's garden as their home, were really sweet and would eat out of your hand or just lick you for the salt. I was a solo traveller, looking for a place to really kick back and relax and I could not ahve chosen a better place. If you wish to do a little mingling, there is a sea side bar at the hotel that was open for a few hours each evening. The hotel was about a 5 minute walk from the main darg of West End. Totally safe to walk at night. West end is a laid back quaiint little town that really cater to divers. The main street is still not paved, which is great. Lots of good restaurants, and Half Moon bay is really picturesque. West Bay, which is more "resorty" is an easy 5 minute water taxi ride away or about a 1/2 hour walk along the shore. It is a gorgeous beach with great snorkelling and also has a few very nice hotel restaurants that anyone can go to. Other things I checked out on the Island, when I could drag myself away from the sea, were Carambola Gardens in Sandy Bay, the Butterfly Gardens in Westend and Arch's Iguana Farm in French Cay. All worth the visit. It is easy to get around the western part of the Island in the collectivo taxis. They are really plentiful, cheap, and often you had the taxi to yourself. All in all I highly recommend Lands End Inn in West End Roatan for a restful and enjoyable tropical holiday. I know that I will return!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I found my own private paradise! "Lands End" in West End is definitely the most beautiful and lovable hotel, i ever had the chance to visit. Wonderful rooms with sea-view, perfect beds with fleecy cotton sheets, large TV (never used because there was no need), AC and mosquito-net, newly renovated showers and: at the Queen Ocean Front balconies with view to the horizon (look at the pictures attached). Adi and his team are wonderful hosts and provide excellent service quality, so i had all the silent moments, i needed. Listening to the sea, watching the humming-bird breeding in the lounge, feeding the deer, snorkeling direktly from the hotel's access to the reef. First time snorkeling, i saw a huge Sting-Ray, floating just a few meters from me. In the evening, i often had wonderful lunch from Norma, who knows - no doubt - the best lemon-shrimps on the island. Joe, the tender of the Green Flash Bar at the hotel mixes a terrific Monkey Lala and there are really nice people around, enjoing the absolutely amazing sunsets with cosy, hand-selected music. The days i spent making a dive-course at "Atlantic Sea-Divers", who is providing a special package for guests from "Lands End" (and Joe is the head-dive-instructor there). Important to mention: I stayed for four weeks at "Lands End" and - believe me - it was really too short and too hard to go. Next time, i will be there for five weeks. Be sure: I'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank donshrimpo
Reviewed 26 June 2010

May 27, 2010- June 5, 2010. This was our 3rd trip to Roatan and oh what fun, it was our best trip there yet! We stayed at Lands End 4 years ago. Adi and his niece Eva who is helping for the next several months, were our ever gracious and hillarious hosts. The resort has undergone a transformation from our last visit. The king room we stayed in was spacious, clean and it had a new air conditioner that made those hot late afternoon post diving showers a real pleasure. Mercedes made us breakfast in mornings, (included with the room), always with a pleasant smile and ease. The eating area was new from our last visit and is a great addition to an already idyllic spot. Joe our bartender was very entertaining and we met some great locals and travelers while sipping refreshing rum drinks at the bar and hanging in the negative edge salt water pool at sunset. We took a late night dip in the pool when the resort was quiet and dark with the bioluminescent algae providing a spectacular light show. Adi took great care of us. He's a hard working and conscientious host who will try to meet your every need and request. It was hard to leave this nirvana. Lands End, in our opinion, is the very best place to stay in West End. We love the resort, the people and the laughter.

We dove everyday with Tyll's Dive Shop who took great care of us too. We have dove with them every trip and highly recommend them. For more comments, please see our post on scubaboard.com

With tears in our eyes we left for the airport discussing when we would make our way back.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2010

We chose to return to Lands End a second time because we love it! This place sits up a gentle hill from the bay and just at the edge of the open sea on the coral reef. Access to the water is just a step down with gorgeous sea life and crystal clear water. For the snorkeler there are shallow areas with many smaller species of colorful creatures as well as deeper pools with sea turtles and other larger fish. Twice during morning coffee dolfins swam right through the area we would snorkel. The outdoor living area is very spacious and still has a feeling of intimacy with soft lights at night. The bar/pool area extends on from the larger lounge area and has a comfortable and welcome feeling. We always enjoyed taking the sandy path that winds through the trees and down past little cabins and cottages to West End Village. Brightly colorful flowers seem to be blooming everywhere. The village sits alongside of the ocean on a little bumpy sandy road, there are all kinds of interesting little places to eat or drink. The pace is easy and we were always treated with friendliness and kindness. When we were finished with the bustle of the village we enjoyed getting back to Lands End. There is a freshness about the place with the sea breezes and oddly no biting bugs. The breakfast each morning prepared by Mercedes was delicious and hearty and always included fresh pineapples, mangos, melons and papayas! Adi is personal with his guests, he takes the time and effort to see to your needs and care for your stay. Ava and Mercedes were always gracious and sweet and ready to help you with whatever you asked for. Gorgeous fresh flowers in our room and out in the lounge. Absolutely loving the rich, dark Honduran coffee i brought home with me. I was sad to leave. Thanks to all of you!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bdoll2go
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I LOVED the Land's End. It was truly more than I could have even imagined. I don't even know where to begin so I will begin with the staff may be the most helpful in the world. You arrive and the place is just perfect. Low music playing, smiling faces from Adi, Mercedes and Eva and you sit and have a drink under the giant cabana and look out at the Caribbean. Our cab driver overcharged us and so Adi called a contact and actually took me to the airport to get $15 dollars back from the cab driver (incidentally I also got to go the grocery store with Adi to get supplies and that was a unique experience as well). Back at the hotel, Mercedes cooked up some wonderful fish and calamari and we swam in the infinity pool enjoying the never-ending supply of Port Royal (this place has everything you could want to drink!). They also have rescued deer that live on the premises and they give you kisses=) The room that we had was the ocean view room on the bottom. It was large, clean, well -kept, and had wonderful light and a wonderful view. This room is all that any traveler should ever need, but it might be worth saying for the more luxury demanding travelers that this is still Honduras a third world country. These rooms are incredibly nice and well appointed but it is also more simple than the Ritz. Either way it was absolutely perfect. The only two negatives (if you can call them that) were that the bed was a bit hard and the bottom floors are susceptible to hearing the guests above you walking around. My friend LOVED the bed because she likes hard beds so it was perfect to her - I just happen to like soft beds so I don't really think this is a negative.

Adi and Eva are excellent hosts and lovely to chat with! I had to call Adi at eleven PM because I got stuck in the West Bay (take a taxi before 10 pm guys) and he was able to give me the number of a drier who was still working! He also spent a long time making phone calls driving to find a captain who would take my friend and I to the Cayos Cocinos because his regular guy was not available. Basically, they try to make your stay as wonderful as possible and can provide you with pretty much anything that you ask for if you ask in time. They also sell bug spray and other things at the hotel so in theory you would never have to leave. I love beans so they made sure that I could have beans with my breakfast everyday even though that is not normal=)

All in all it was absolutely perfect - oh and they also have the best sunsets on the island I think. I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
#8 of 9 in West End
Splash Inn Dive Resort
Splash Inn Dive Resort
#2 of 9 in West End

Been to Lands End? Share your experiences!