We stayed at Lands End in May and June of 2007. What a wonderful experience! My husband and I met friends and flew to Roatan together. A 20 minute taxi ride and we were transported to a spot like no other. Lands End, now under new ownership and management, has become one of our most treasured spots on the planet.
The accomodations were wonderful. Large rooms were very clean, with air conditioning, comfortable beds, a refrigerator, incredible ocean views and sunsets. We spent quality time lounging in the negative edge salt water pool. The bar hosts locals and tourists alike and provided us with great entertainment; not only the music but the lively conversation from the people who hung out enjoying this very special place. These people love where they are and what they do!
We had the good fortune of being at the bar one night when the electricity went out in all of West End. The night sky was so spectacular I can't find the words to describe that experience except for wow and then disappointment when the generators next door kicked on and lit up the neighborhood!
West End village is an easy walk. We never had a bad meal or experience there in the days we spent eating and drinking our way through town. If you like diving, interesting and fun people, try Tyll's Dive Shop. They are very safe, fun and keep the groups small.
We loved the people who we met at Lands End. We will cherish this experience and will definitely make our way back here. The service and accomodations where excellent, but most important we felt welcomed and cared for during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the best area of Westend, Lands End is an ocean front boutique resort nestled a way in a world all of its own, but close enough to the action where you can walk in three minutes! Enjoy spectacular views and sunsets year round. Lands End grounds include a lounge, pool deck, hammocks, bar, and beach! Most of rooms with the exception of our bungalows come with a televising, air conditioning, complimentary breakfast, daily maid service and more! We have laundry service available and friendly island deer (our pets). Come have a cocktail in our saltwater infinity pool that overlooks the ocean and enjoy our dining at our bar and restaurant on-site! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Lands End - Ocean Front Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lands End - Ocean Front Hotel West End
- Lands End - Ocean Front Lodge Roatan, Honduras - West End