I selected the Lands End Resort after seeing the entry for it in the Lonely Planet guide and reviewing the resorts website. I am glad I chose it as it made for a wonderful stop on Roatan. My email enquiries were quickly and fully answered by Adi, the manager who could not do enough to make my stay enjoyable. He can recommend good dive companies and places to eat and is always available to assist. My room was beautiful with air con and fan, hot water private bathroom, large comfortable bed and a veranda view over the Caribbean to 'die' for. The salt water 'Infinity Pool' is a must for daily use and within feet of this is a ladder providing access to the Caribbean. You don't have snorkelling gear? Don't worry the resort has it for you! If you want a quiet restful time then this resort is perfect. If you want a bit more action then hang around the bar for the twice weekly barbacues with live music. Great views, restaurants and activities are close by with West End Bay just a five minute walk away. For diving I would recommend 'Reef Gliders' whom Adi put me onto. For sea fishing try Artley who can be contacted through the dive shop. I've never fished before but caught a 4 foot Wahoo ( I am guessing at the spelling ) which weighed 30 lbs and I've got the photos to prove it and finally if you have the spare cash speak to Stanley Submersibles about a submarine trip to 2000 feet to see sharks feeding. Worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the best area of Westend, Lands End is an Ocean Front Hotel Resort nestled in a world of its own, but close enough to the action where you can walk in three minutes!Perfect place for snorkeling and diving from shore, Enjoy spectacular views and sunsets year round. Lands End grounds include a lounge, pool deck, hammocks, bar, and beach! Most rooms with the exception of our bungalows come with a television, air conditioning, daily maid service, 24 hour help desk, flexible check in hours, free wi-fi and more! We have laundry service available and island deer (our pets). Come and have a cocktail in our saltwater infinity pool that overlooks the ocean and enjoy our dining at our on-site bar and restaurant! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Lands End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lands End - Ocean Front Hotel West End
- Lands End Roatan, Honduras - West End