I stayed at Sueno del Mar for over a week. I had booked before through a free agency on the island.
First of all, we were supposed to be picked up by the hotel at the airport when we arrived in Roatan. We waited for over one hour and nobody showed up, so we had to take a cab and got ripped off since we had no idea about the prices on the island. When we got to the hotel, the receptionist was busy talking to someone else, did not greet us and really made us feel unwelcomed. We explained the situation about the shuttle, and she said sorry. That was it.
The room was nice, we had a balcony with a gorgeous view of the sea. We had AC, the bathroom was clean. However, when we arrived, the sink was full of little ants that I had to kill with some insect repellent. We were supposed to have a coffee machine and never got it, and on the first night, my sheets were not clean (sand, hair!!!!).
We were told that we could do unlimited snorkeling, we just had to go along with the divers on the boat. The boat was supposed to leave every day at 8h30 and 11h. We got there 30min in advance, as we had been told. We ended up waiting for 1.5 hour, which I would not have minded that much if it had been worth the wait. We had been told by the owner that we would go to a place good for both divers and snorkeler. However, the place was only meant for divers because the reef was very deep, we could see the fish only from very far above. At least we had a nice swim....
Breakfast was included. The coffee was good, the breakfast made to order was good too, although I could have had a little more. We were not asked if we had enough or anything, so we felt kind of bad asking for more. But maybe it's just us. The only fruits available every morning were 5-6 small pieces of oranges.
The wireless Internet did not work 80% of the time, and I really needed to use it. So I was not too happy about that either.
The good thing was that we could borrow the snorkeling gear and the kayaks as often as we wanted.
The room was cleaned every day and that was nice. But just before I left I noticed that some treats that I had brought with me had disappeared. I like to think that I threw them away by mistake (!!!!!).
I paid more because of the internet, the snorkeling trips, the coffee maker, the supposedly super-friendly staff, and all of the above ended up being nonexistent. Overall, too many things went wrong for me to say that I liked the hotel or that I would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Included with the rooms are airport transfers, breakfast,snorkeling. We installed a generator March of 2007 to deal with the current electric problems.Single price is $79 plus tax a night, doubles $89 plus tax. Dive packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Sueno Del Mar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sueno Del Mar Hotel West End
- Sueno Del Mar Resort Roatan, Honduras - West End