I can't say enough about how good this operation was run.
I came over to Roatan after abandoning my paid all-inclusive resort on the mainland to see the famous reefs of Roatan and get certified. I had been staying across the street from Sueno del Mar and noticed a sign out front advertising a four night stay that included full certification for $350each for a pair or $450 for a single (It's usually around $300 just to get certified!!!) . I took a chance and checked in.
The rooms are a bit small, but are spotless with full modern climate control and big comfortable beds. They are certainly designed with divers in mind, as the showers have places to hang wetsuits and boots and such. You also get your own dive locker for gear. The rooms are about ten metres (40feet) from the ocean and all give a spectacular view of the ocean and harbour.
The staff could not have been more helpful. Since ABMs are pretty unreliable, the owner actually got me some money himself to walk around with and arranged a cab to come drive me across the island on Christmas morning because I had to change travel arrangements. They are so cool and really care about the hotel and guests, that it feels more like you're an invited guest at a family cottage than a paying customer.
As far as diving goes, they have superior staff! My instructor was a South African divemaster who had logged more than 7,000 dives!!! Both Willy and Arturo knew the reefs like the back of thier hands and showed me the hidden worlds of creatures I couldn't see even a foot or two in front of me. They also truly care about their work and made sure that I had a mindblowing dive every time. The largest group I dove with was about four other people. I was given unlimited diving opportunities and managed to squeeze in two or three a day.
This resort is extremely laid back and quiet and a little on the edge of the West End strip, but it's only a two minute walk until you're in the main stretch, and about ten minutes to walk the entire length of town. This place is truly paradise and the best vacation I xould have imagined. Please message me for any tips about staying in the West End, and seriously consider staying and training (or just plain diving) in this wonderful place.
My room had a beautiful white terrace that backed out onto the beach volleyball court and was steps to the very private patio bar around the corner. They live to help you here so don't think twice, stay here!!!!
PS; Did I metion Noel? The smoking hot tall, blonde California girl divemaster? You'll know her when you see her. I had to force myself to remember to breathe when I was underwater. Bon Voyage!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Included with the rooms are airport transfers, breakfast,snorkeling. We installed a generator March of 2007 to deal with the current electric problems.Single price is $79 plus tax a night, doubles $89 plus tax. Dive packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Sueno Del Mar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sueno Del Mar Hotel West End
- Sueno Del Mar Resort Roatan, Honduras - West End