Our room was on the 2nd floor at the very end on the left (#7). The room was great! It was spacious, clean, bright, with lots of windows and great views. If possible try to get this room or the one above it b/c the extra windows make a huge difference. All the windows have screens and there was a great breeze at night so we didn't have to use the A/C.
I recommend reserving a room on the left side of the hotel since the property to the right is undergoing construction. (I couldn't hear any noise at all from my room.)
The bathroom was clean, with nice tiling, and there was always plenty of hot water. The kitchen had a mini-fridge (very convenient). The balcony had a great view and comfy hammock, but was covered (so no tanning), and offered little privacy.
Housekeeping came daily and did a great job.
The hotel was very peaceful and quiet during both the day and night. (It is removed from both the main road and town).
The hotel has a small book exchange as well as free internet. They also sell beer, water, and pop at reasonable prices. There is no beach, but there is a private dock to lay out on. The dock only had 3 beach chairs which were always occupied. The hotel doesn't provide beach towels, so make sure you bring your own.
Location: 5 min walk to town. Although I always had friends walk me back to the hotel I would probably get a little nervous walking back alone at night.
The only negative thing I have to say about the hotel is in regard to the staff. I felt that they were unhelpful, unfriendly, unapproachable, and disinterested. Most of them wouldn't even smile at us. Whenever we approached them with a request or question they made us feel like we were bothering them and we came to dread having any interaction with them.
Overall: I would definitely stay here again. The fantastic room and location more than make up for the unpleasant staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Las Orquídeas is located in the beautiful West End Bay, very close to the main street, in a tranquil and beautiful setting...All our 18 rooms and studios have a beautiful ocean view, balconies and hammocks where you will be able to relax, you can also walk by the paths in our beautiful gardens. Rooms have small fridge and studios equipped kitchenettes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Posada Las Orquideas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Las Orquideas West End
- Posada Las Orquideas Hotel
- Posada Las Orquideas Roatan, Honduras - West End