I was greeted at Posada Las Orquideas by an unsmiling girl at reception. She showed me a room on the second floor and when I said I'd stay for 10 days, she told me that the room was only available for 4 days, but after that I could move to a studio which cost $5 more. I visited in May during the low season and the place seemed empty. A wall in reception was covered with keys and a sign declared a special promotion: Room $30, Studio $35. I didn't want a studio and when I asked if I could have one at the price of a room given the length of my stay, she told me that they were very full. She pointed to the keys on the wall and said that all those rooms were taken, and furthermore, they were expecting a large group soon. Nevertheless, I persisted. I repeated that I didn't want a studio, wouldn't use the kitchen, could I please have it at the price of a room. She looked at me for a while, talked on the phone, then told me that she had a room for me.
She showed me a room on the 1st floor and said I could have it for the duration of my stay. I preferred the room on the 2nd floor and when I asked if I could have that one and then move to the 1st floor, she said that they didn't want me to move. I asked if she had anything else higher up and she said that the only other room available was a studio for $41. I was tired and sleep deprived so I decided to stay for a night. I trekked over town but didn't see anything I liked so I swallowed my annoyance and stayed. Besides me there were only 2 other people staying there and the large group never materialized.
I do not like being lied to or scammed, and given that the staff were all unsmiling and unfriendly, I don't have a high opinion of Posada Las Orquideas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Las Orquídeas is located in the beautiful West End Bay, very close to the main street, in a tranquil and beautiful setting...All our 18 rooms and studios have a beautiful ocean view, balconies and hammocks where you will be able to relax, you can also walk by the paths in our beautiful gardens. Rooms have small fridge and studios equipped kitchenettes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Posada Las Orquideas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Las Orquideas West End
- Posada Las Orquideas Hotel
- Posada Las Orquideas Roatan, Honduras - West End