“Great location and place to stay”

The Lily Pond House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 West End B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Zak and Luis are incredibly wonderful hosts, and we enjoyed every minute of our one-week stay at Lily Pond. Luis' cooking is spectacular, and Zak went out of his way to be helpful and cater to our every need, providing us with snorkeling equipment, contacting local tour operators to set up excursions, etc. We stayed in the Penthouse suite, which is spacious and light-filled with tons of closet space. Being out on the porch feels like sitting in the treetops! The small bar downstairs is a great place to chill out and have a drink while listening to an eclectic mix of music. And the location is perfect - literally one minute from the "main strip" of West End. Our only complaint is that it was sometimes difficult to get the water running in the sink or shower on the third floor, since the pump seems to work inconsistently.

We miss Roatan and the dogs already...big kisses for Lola, Zeus, Amy and Wendy!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 December 2012

As many of the other reviews mention Zac and Luis are the perfect hosts, the rooms are beautiful as are the dogs and the food! This is a great place to hang out, get a little merry and have fun but it is also very chilled and a great place to relax and soak up the island atmosphere. All I can say really is that it rocks! We really miss the doggies and wish you all best for 2013 and thanks for having us! Vicky and Mel x

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This is the perfect place for a real taste of Roatan. Zak and Luis are the absolute best hosts. They will become fast friends in a hurry. The food is superb! Breakfast anytime of morning and YOu choose what you want. I can't say enough about the hospitality of Zak and Luis.l wish I could go back again this weekend.( Hey Luis, miss you friend) You can stay in a resort pretty much anywhere and they are all pretty much alike. Come to the Lily Pond and get a real taste of that fantastic island and its proud islanders. I loved it there and wished I could have stayed two weeks instead of just one.

Room Tip: I stayed in the bottom floor room. The Lily pond is far enough off the main street that you are quie...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Located in West End the Lily Pond House is amazing beyond words. The food is delicious and the accommodations are exquisite. Zac and Louis the owners are very special people kind and generous. The prices are very inexpensive for both the food and the accommodations. They are both so helpful and the Hotel is run so very efficiently. The Lily Pond Hotel is the BEST hotel in the West End. If you go to Roatan and do not at least go and see the Lilly Pond House you will be missing out on something so special. Thanks for the memories!!!! I was in Roatan for five months from Feb 2012 until June of 2012.

Room Tip: ALL the rooms are exquisite you cannot go wrong!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank coritathomas
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This is a great little bed and breakfast but what is amazing is the food. The Lily Pond has a lovely small restaurant, that is a "word of mouth" restaurant. The value is amazing and the food is delicious.
The gentlemen who run this place are very wonderful and accommodating in their efficiency. The rooms are so beautiful with the island decor but the modern convenience of having AC. They also have laundry services with the package. Try the "Zack Attack" if you need a refreshing frozen drink.
As for the location, it is great. It is in West End. This is the area with the appeal of a local village. The Lily Pond is just down the street, a very quiet street, from the local flavor of Roatan.
There is more night life in the West End than in West Bay, but it remains pleasantly rustic.
West Bay is more like Maui. Nice but it could be anywhere.
If you come to Roatan, bring your bug juice. The island has sand fleas but they don't bother you with a natural product called Cactus Juice. As for the mosquito's, deet is the way. It is the tropics you know. Bring your anti-itch remedy. They are hard to find on island. They don't often label things like in the US.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed at Lily Pond for twelve days and it was a highlight of my trip. I’ve been to Roatan two times before and the service and professionalism I received at Lily Pond was superlative to my previous accommodation.

The accommodation set up is ideal. My room (Captain Morgan Room) was located on the second floor and had a large balcony with a unique set of table and chairs made out of logs. The room was well appointed, quite spacious and had a sitting area. Every room has their own entrance which was great for privacy. I found being on the second floor, there was often a nice breeze that swept through the room when both sets of doors were open.

Breakfast was a bonus! Luis, the chef makes a full breakfast (or whatever you want really) every morning and brings it to your room at a time you choose. Each day I had something different. On days when I was really hungry, I received dishes such as omelets, plantain pastones, toast with marmalade and butter, juice and a bodum of Honduran coffee (which you will discover on your first trip to Roatan, is some of the best coffee in the world). Days when I wanted to eat lighter, he made me fruit salad and toast. Sometimes I couldn’t finish the breakfast it was so much food.

I must say I was impressed by the service levels at Lily Pond. Zak and Luis continually checked with me to see if I needed anything in my room (fresh towels etc…), offered snorkeling equipment and floaties that I could use at the beach and always asked the night before what time I wanted my breakfast in the morning.

Lily Pond’s location on Half Moon Bay is very convenient as it is about a 2 minute walk to the beach and the start of the restaurants and shops of West End but is situated in a quiet section of the village. The guest house itself is set in a tropical garden with lots of hummingbirds. Turtles live in the pond.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank ConscientiousTourist
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My husband I came from London looking for a place off the beaten path in Roatan that was close to the action at West End but had the aura of an eco-villa. This place exceeded even my most ambitious expectations in terms of value, price and mood. Hosts Zak and Luis accommodated us in every way. The food was prepared personally and to order and with great panache. Luis is an artist. I felt as though I was eating food in a kitchen with friends. The rooms were designed with great love and care. The house has many angles as it has an interesting history in terms of how it developed.

The view of Half Moon Bay is astounding and the entertainments of West End are never far away from this idyllic villa retreat that was well within our price range.

Room Tip: the captain morgan suite is full of interesting antiquities and was our suite of choice.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
West Bay Lodge and Spa
West Bay Lodge and Spa
#3 of 14 in West Bay
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

Been to The Lily Pond House Hotel? Share your experiences!