“Honeymoon in Roatan”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West End
Hidden Garden Cabins
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Roatan at the HIdden Garden Cabin from January 10 - 28th. First off the value is amazing. The cabins are well kept and clean, however the bathroom could use soom updating. Even though we were told there would be hot water if you turned the nob a certain way, we didn't have a hot (or warm) shower for our stay...but it didn't bother us too much as it was so hot anyway. The cabins are very breeezy and there is no need for AC at all. The linens and towels have seen better days, so if you are picky, bring your own. It is about a 5 minute walk from the main road, not very far at all and we never felt unsafe. Tony is a wonderful host, always checking to make sure that we had everything we needed. One thing I wished that they would offer is optional maid service, not every day but at least once a week for those staying for a while. Overall, the cabin gives you amazing value for the price, it is charming and just lovely. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DMatanza

Reviewed 2 December 2011

Dorothy and Tania organised for us the the transportation from the airport to the cabins. Tanis was waiting for us at the cabins and she gave at lot of tips (activity/restaurant...) on Roatan. The cabins are about 3-5 minutes from the main road. It is really safe to walk during day and at night. The cabins are clean with private bathroom and full kitchen (drink water included). There is no A/C in the room but the celling fan was perfect even in the hot season. You better bring ear plugs because there few rosters around the cabins. Our 5 stars rating is because we are really satisfied for the quality/atmosphere/intimity at the price we have paid. Not seen similar place on west end!!!
Best dive shop = Reef Gliders

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 23 December 2010

I stayed at Hidden Garden cabins for a month and for the most part enjoyed it. The cabins are a good size, and its nice to have the full kitchen, hamock and patio. I moved my kitchen table to the patio, although there is no view its always nicer to eat outside.

Plusses:
1- Good, responsive management. the island is not known for North American service standards, and I liked knowing I could get assistance if needed. They helped with advice and were always friendly and easy to reach.
2- Large cabins, compaired to other travellers accommodations that I saw. Nice to have a full kitchen.
3 - Free water supplied, a bonus.
4 - Very secure, with a guard and a lockbox in the room, which I really appreciated.
5 - Large patio with hamock

Not greats:
1 - The roosters go off around 4 and dont stop, but that is ot the fault of the cabins. I surprisingly got used to it and had no prob sleeping through it then.
2- Location. Its a bit too far off the main road for me. I was alone for 3 of the 5 weeks and basically felt like I could not go out at night, or had to cab it back. Its a long, dark road and people do get robbed in Roatan, usually by knife. That said I did not have a problem, and often had someone walk me home, or took a taxi.
3 - Yeah there is bugs, roaches, but that is true no matter where you stay I imagine. Its a tropical island after all.
4 - IThere was no cleaning service offered. It was ok, but I had to take my own sheets and towels to be laundered a cou[ple times which was a pain.
5 No internet or TV

All in all, I liked it, thought it was fine. The price was good when I was there and the experiece was fine.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tanya1111
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Dorothy conversed with us via the internet long before we arrived and was very helpful... upon arrival we were greeted by a lovely young Lady named Tanya. She was prompt, opened the gate, gave us a nice tour, and answered all our questions about the surrounding area and then some. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable, safe, efficent. The cabin was spacious and came with free drinking water! .There was a pitcher of cold water in the fridge waiting for us as well. The long travel day, cab drive and the tropics made us very thirsty. A pitcher of cold water in the fridge was an added unexpected bonus. We had plenty of towels at our finger tips. The fans in the room were our best friend as we traveled in September the hottest time of the year on Roatan. The cabin was cool and inviting, quiet and surrounded by palm trees and green folliage...nice...after that we setteled in, took a nap as Tanya suggested,settled into island time and walked down to the pizza place for a delightful island dinner.
We loved the family/local islanders that ran the pizza place. The little boy was so charming and gracious as well as his Mom.. wished I had brought a small toy to give/play with, all I had was some gum. He was delighted. Did I say they make the best wood oven pizza from scratch, while you wait?. We ate there the first night, so handy after a long day of travel.
The first night while we slept, we had a delightful rain storm with lightning and great breezes flowing through the cabin.. we awoke with a few degrees cooler and could hear the one rooster off in the distance crowing at the morning dawn. ( much better than the alarm at home)
These cabins are a hidden gem....very good value and a great location, a short walk from the noisy west end. We parked our scooter under the cabin every night. We had use of a washing machine under one of the cabins, clothes line, and felt very safe in unfamililar place. Bring some Skinsosoft (avon), sunscreen, bathing suit, 5 days of clothes, laundry soap, a few of your familiar snack items from home for the fridge. WE wished we could have stayed a month or more perhaps we will sometime. If you want a total Roatan islander experience, than this is the place to be able to venture out as your homebase!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2010

We went to Hidden Garden for one week in April 2010. For our first time in Roatan we didn't know what to expect from the Island and the accommodation.
First thing first, Hidden Garden is like it's name say an hidden jewel. This is a wonderful place, at about 2-3 minutes from the beach and restaurants. And if you are too lazy, there's a pizzeria at 30 seconds from the door. The cabanas are spacious for 2-3 peoples. Warm water for the shower and everything necessary to cook some meals. Coffee maker, fridge and security box to put everything valuable in it. Every cabana have it's own porch with hammock on it. It's a very secure place like others said. The people who work there are very kind and they can give you a lot of good advice for restaurant, snorkeling... We cannot say nothing negative about this place. Yes, we had a night with rooster but the same is true everywhere in Latin America. What we liked about the geographical situation of the cabins was, it is surround by local people and not tourists. In fact, we liked this place soooo much that we are already check for another stay in 2010 at the same cabins. We checked for others but hey, when you find a hidden gem, why loosing time searching for others...

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ghistos
Reviewed 20 March 2010

Just came back from Roatan where we stayed at Hidden Garden Cabins-which now I call Hidden Treasure.Very happy with the accomodation-why: exactly as described on the website, simple and basic but has everything you NEED,budget price ,convenient location, to the beach,to the stores etc.full working kitchen,safety and securities as described (locked main gate,safe in the cabin,gate on the front door,night watchman.If you do not have friends in Roatan and if you are not going to rent a car( do not rent a a car!),you are on the budget and you want to cook some of your meals- this is a place where you should stay!You don't have to take too many clothes because there is a washine machine on the location!!!!We will definately go back to that accomodation.
Just a reminder-they take a damage deposit upon arrival ($100) and next time I would take an extra pot or favourite kitchen utensils.And maybe an extra bed sheet for the mattress.We did get by with what we had but just an extra pot would be nice.And definately earplugs for the night-the birds and roosters are so loud!!
Great accomodation-great vacation!Highly recommended!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ferocia
Reviewed 19 January 2009

My girlfriend and I just spent the past week at Hidden Garden Cabins and we loved it. Nice and cozy cabins with their own kitchen and bathroom. It actually rained most of the week that we were there, so we probably spent more time in our cabin than the average vacation-goer. Each cabin has a sweet little veranda with a hammock (Gold!!), that we put a ton of mileage on.

Hidden Garden is about a 5-10 minute walk from the main road in West End, which is nice, since you're out of the hustle and bustle (if you could call it that!) but close enough to go into town at any time, and not too far to carry bags and groceries and stuff.

There are only 4 cabins, and one is occupied by the manager (Tony! What's up man!?!)
I must say that Tony was an excellent host, very helpful, approachable, and also informative. Can't say enough, miss ya buddy!

My girlfriend and I are not fancy travellers, but we also don't like dumps. Hidden Garden Cabins gave us just the right atmosphere for the relaxation we were looking for, we were really sad to leave.

I will end my review with this, I have never left a review for anywhere that I have stayed before, and I do a lot of travelling, but I had to take 5 minutes to make this reccomendation.

We also miss the 2 cats that were our best friends while we were down there who helped us to feel at home - Tony, give 'em a piece of chicken for us!

Oh yeah, great pizza place right across the street!

That's it, go check it out for yourself and enjoy!
G

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)