“Peaceful, Easy and Relaxing.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West End
Hidden Garden Cabins
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Our hidden garden cabin was perfect for our Roatan adventure. It was a short and enjoyable stroll away from some of the noise and hubbub of the Main Street in the late evening, but close enough that we felt we were as much a part of the action as we wanted after walking down the beach lane for our early morning pre breakfast swim in the warm turquoise waters and a quick coffee stop. ;) (also a great opportunity to check out the day's diving schedules at the two excellent dive shops at the end of the lane. We had good experiences with both The Splash Inn, and West End Divers) the facilities were clean and secure, equipped with all the things we needed, reasonably priced and the staff friendly and accommodating. Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: These cabins are like your own private cottage for your stay. And who needs a swimming pool in West...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Adam V

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We arrived in Roatan on Saturday afternoon March 29th. Tanja, the property manager had arranged a taxi for us from the airport to our accommodations. Our driver Robert was very friendly and dropped us off right at the front gate of the cabins. It is about a 3 minute walk down to the waterfront, which is perfect, as you are far enough away from the noise and traffic to enjoy the natural sights and sounds of the jungle. The property itself is owned by an Irish fellow by the name of Tony Fitzgerald. A charismatic and extremely likeable fellow, always available for advice or just a lively and entertaining conversation. Very friendly and engaging. Both he and Tanja were there to greet us when we arrived. They helped us settle in and gave us the lay of the land. The cabins themselves are very well kept. They were extremely clean and well looked after. A safe for valuables such as money and passports was a very nice touch. Bedding, towels and drinking water were provided There is plenty of space as well as a full bathroom and kitchen facilities (range, fridge, sink and toaster). A hammock on the front porch was great for those lazy days. We felt very safe and secure during our stay. It was a little piece of paradise just off the beaten path. Can't wait to go back.!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed at Hidden Garden Cabins for three weeks and loved it!! The cabins are studio style with a nice veranda to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful Roatan weather. There is a decent size kitchen with all the essentials including coffee maker, toaster, etc. The owner Tony is very friendly and willing to offer any tips on the area! The cabins are situated a short walk to the main road on the waterfront in West End(bring a flashlight, occasional power outages in West End). Cabin is decent and has everything you need, but remember you're not paying for the Ritz! Internet option is a bonus. Loved the hammock on the deck, we fought over it daily! Earplugs are a good option for Roosters in the area, very common in the Caribbean. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2012

So far this has been a really great experience and the staff is friendly and very generous with their time to tell you about the town and the activities. It is bargain prices and so you need to expect the basics for amenities, but it is just enough off the beaten path to be quiet, except for the roosters, and you have a short walk to the main part of town. Loving it!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Roatan at the HIdden Garden Cabin from January 10 - 28th. First off the value is amazing. The cabins are well kept and clean, however the bathroom could use soom updating. Even though we were told there would be hot water if you turned the nob a certain way, we didn't have a hot (or warm) shower for our stay...but it didn't bother us too much as it was so hot anyway. The cabins are very breeezy and there is no need for AC at all. The linens and towels have seen better days, so if you are picky, bring your own. It is about a 5 minute walk from the main road, not very far at all and we never felt unsafe. Tony is a wonderful host, always checking to make sure that we had everything we needed. One thing I wished that they would offer is optional maid service, not every day but at least once a week for those staying for a while. Overall, the cabin gives you amazing value for the price, it is charming and just lovely. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DMatanza
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Dorothy and Tania organised for us the the transportation from the airport to the cabins. Tanis was waiting for us at the cabins and she gave at lot of tips (activity/restaurant...) on Roatan. The cabins are about 3-5 minutes from the main road. It is really safe to walk during day and at night. The cabins are clean with private bathroom and full kitchen (drink water included). There is no A/C in the room but the celling fan was perfect even in the hot season. You better bring ear plugs because there few rosters around the cabins. Our 5 stars rating is because we are really satisfied for the quality/atmosphere/intimity at the price we have paid. Not seen similar place on west end!!!
Best dive shop = Reef Gliders

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 23 December 2010

I stayed at Hidden Garden cabins for a month and for the most part enjoyed it. The cabins are a good size, and its nice to have the full kitchen, hamock and patio. I moved my kitchen table to the patio, although there is no view its always nicer to eat outside.

Plusses:
1- Good, responsive management. the island is not known for North American service standards, and I liked knowing I could get assistance if needed. They helped with advice and were always friendly and easy to reach.
2- Large cabins, compaired to other travellers accommodations that I saw. Nice to have a full kitchen.
3 - Free water supplied, a bonus.
4 - Very secure, with a guard and a lockbox in the room, which I really appreciated.
5 - Large patio with hamock

Not greats:
1 - The roosters go off around 4 and dont stop, but that is ot the fault of the cabins. I surprisingly got used to it and had no prob sleeping through it then.
2- Location. Its a bit too far off the main road for me. I was alone for 3 of the 5 weeks and basically felt like I could not go out at night, or had to cab it back. Its a long, dark road and people do get robbed in Roatan, usually by knife. That said I did not have a problem, and often had someone walk me home, or took a taxi.
3 - Yeah there is bugs, roaches, but that is true no matter where you stay I imagine. Its a tropical island after all.
4 - IThere was no cleaning service offered. It was ok, but I had to take my own sheets and towels to be laundered a cou[ple times which was a pain.
5 No internet or TV

All in all, I liked it, thought it was fine. The price was good when I was there and the experiece was fine.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple