My sister and I stayed at the Sea Grape in March 2008. We spent a few nights in the hotel rooms, then moved to one of the cabins facing the water. The hotel room was fine. However, we enjoyed the cabin more - it had a porch with a hammock facing the water.
The location is great. About a 5-10 minute walk into West End, with restaurants, bars, etc. Then you could go home to the Sea Grape (it was safe for 2 women to walk back at night) and enjoy the quiet. Be sure to bring a Flashlight. Like others have posted, the power went out almost every day. But, the Sea Grape has a generator - we always had lights and air condiitoning. They also give you a small fridge, which was helpful. Didn't have problems with mosquitoes, but we used DEET. They do not serve breakfast, but you can walk 5 minutes to a breakfast place. They also have a nice pool area. The Sea Grape also leaves you filtered water every day.
The staff was also terrific. Mariela in the office was very helpful and pleasant. She helped us arrange a rental car, the shark dive, and a trip to Gumba Limba park. There is Internet access at the office, which was pretty cheap.
We also went diving. The nice thing about diving with Sea Grape is that they generally have a small number of people diving. No cattle boat. We had anywhere from 2-11 divers, usually about 6-8. Louis is an excellent dive master and really enjoys sharing his underwater world. He loves to show lots of critters, including an octopus, lobsters, turtles, shrimp, and a moray eel. He also took us on a night dive (I think you need a minimum of 3 people). Can't recommend him enough. Comfortable boat, good rental equipt. They let you leave all your dive equip't in a locked room each evening, so you don't have to carry it each day.
Overall, the Sea Grape is not a fancy Hilton, but a comfortable, family-run place which goes the extra step to take care of their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seagrape Plantation Resort is a Local Family Owned and Operated Resort. It is very relaxed and quiet perfect if you just want to get away from it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Seagrape Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seagrape Plantation Hotel West End
- Seagrape Plantation West End
- Seagrape Plantation Resort Roatan, Honduras - West End