“gcoin from Texas”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in West End
College Station, Texas
“gcoin from Texas”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Vacation was like a dream. Cleve picked us up, stopped at the store, and his happiness is contagious. Beautiful Mariela's smile made me need a HUG!! We all instantly became friends, I got certified for open water diving in 3 1/2 days by Tony, and was instantly addicted to the beauty of the underwater world in Roatan. I promise I will return, and will stay and dive at Seagrape. The rooms and services are outstanding, even tho the wifi is a bit erratic. I dove with a pretty gal down the beach once, but Seagrape's dive boats are tops. Walked to town every nite for dinner, etc. No car was needed since all the action is so close, yet Seagrape has the great pool and the oceanfront view is so peaceful. All the dives are well coordinated by the crew, and they are SO helpful, I just felt pampered!! Waking up every day for 2 weeks I felt blessed just to be there and looked forward to the daily dives. Now I can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: corner rooms have two windows, so the lighting is better-
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank gary g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Did not stay on the Property but stayed nearby. Dive Operation is out of this world!!! It is a family business and it shows as they treat everybody like family. Nice size boats with easy on and off. Dive Masters are very knowledgeable, They work hard to insure you don't dive the same site twice unless you want to. The have onsite gear lock up, so if you leave your gear, the next day when you come back to dive your gear is on the boat, BC and Regulator is on the tank and your weight belt, mask and fins are sitting under your tank! End each dive at the shop with watermelon is a nice touch. At other west end dive shops you have to shlep your gear across the road and beach to their boats, not here. did I say the staff was outstanding? They make it clear they are there to make sure you enjoy your diving vacation! I would say you could not do better than diving with these folks.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank qcyshooter
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Going to Roatan and Seagrape might just be a vacation close to perfect!

The diving on Roatan is great, turtles are plentiful, several morays were seen swimming around and on night dives we watched cool octopuses and to me a new and very beautiful phenomenon, string of pearls. The dives are very pleasantly run by the Seagrape crew, no dive master stressing about time or ending the dive and as divers more over were experienced we were given a lot of space during the dive. And being a lazy diver on vacation I really appreciated that my tanks were handled for me and there was always a helping hand when stumbling around the boat.

The hotel is a few minutes’ walk from the restaurants and bars of West End, short enough to reach in between dives, safe enough to walk at night and long enough to not hear the music and noise when you do not want to. Cold beers and good food is easy to find in West Ends good variety of places to eat and drink.

But turning a good location and diving into a perfect vacation takes good people, and Seagrapes really succeeds in this. Both hotel and dive crew are really into and good at their different task. Their enthusiasm, quality and warmth in what they deliver had me impressed from first minute and all through my stay. The crew are all Honduran, which is a great plus and positive not only for tourists
Finally, if you can’t or won’t dive; Roatan is not only a diving destination but offers a range of other activities, nice beaches and possibilities just to hang around. You might not miss diving for the day, or maybe just a little bit!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gnn2011
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Seagrape is like going to visit some old friends. They (Cleve usually) pick you up at the airport with a smile and carry your bags to the car. No need to worry about a taxi or overpaying for a ride.They offer to stop at a store for food or whatever you need. Arriving at the Plantation while you check in with Mariella or Jessica, your bags are delivered to your room...with a smile. You will see a very happy gentleman taking care of the grounds and the place is beautiful! The pool is blue and clean and clear! Your room will have the A/C on just waiting for you. The bed is comfortable and the room immaculate. The ocean breeze is blowing in and you won't believe how lucky you were to find Seagrape! And it gets better every day you are there. Trust me! If you want to talk.... call me... Rex 602-692-5454

Room Tip: The five Cabana's / duplex's ( 10 rooms ) are on the ocean with a bit of "iron shore&qu...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RexFine99
Bellevue, Washington, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Hotel was great--clean, friendly and helpful staff. Close enough to the night life but far enough away so that you could have a little more privacy. Enjoyed this very much. We didn't end up getting a cottage, and next time I would definitely recommend getting one. But the room was just fine too. This is a perfect place if you don't want a high end hotel that is over priced, but want an aesthetically pleasing hotel with friendly staff and a view of the water. (not all rooms have view of water, but pool is right on water--very pretty!!)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Samantha K
Brazil
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have stayed with Seagrape on early May and it was great. The hotel is a charming place, cozy and familiar, providing a goos alternative for those that, like me, do not like resorts. Its right on the fron of the ocean and althought its not a swiming part of the sea, it does provide great views. The swiming pool is very nice specially in the afternoon during the sunset. Its also pretty handy to have a dive center operating inside the hotel, they are very professional and take scuba diving seriously. I have only good things to say about this place. Hope you all have a great time overthere as well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed in Roatan for a week in June 2013 at the Seagrape Plantation Resort. I was solo on this trip and wanted a resort in the West End. I had been to the West End about 20 years ago and was looking forward to checking out the town again when I wasn’t diving. I did not want an all inclusive resort because I wanted to eat at different restaurants but did want a friendly place that had a dive shop with smaller boats.

I chose this resort after checking reviews on various travel sites. It seemed to fit all my needs and had uniformly positive reviews. I called and talked with Mariela to make my reservation. She was very friendly and helpful.

I was met at the airport by Cleve who immediately set a positive tone for me for the trip. He was friendly and helpful and made me feel like I was part of the family. He offered to stop and a supermarket on the way to the resort so I could stock up on some food which I really appreciated. It was great not having to arrange for my own transportation to the resort.

The accommodations were just what I expected, a small bungalow overlooking the water with a hammock on the porch and a small refrigerator. I arrived too late to dive that day but checked out of the dive shop which was run by Rachel to arrange for a dive the next morning. I have my own equipment and only need weights. However they have all the necessary equipment available if you need it. The dive shop is professional but casual in terms of scheduling dives – there’s no need to sign up for dives the day before but as a courtesy I always let them know when I was planning to dive.

On my first dive the next day there were 3 other divers. Our Dive Master was Tony and Captain was Ricky. They loaded the tanks and everyone else’s equipment on the boat. Both were very helpful and offered to set up my equipment but I prefer to set up my own equipment which was fine with them. It took about 10 minutes to get to the dive site and Ricky helped me get my BC on and did a final equipment check before I went into the water. The first dive was great and set the tone for the remaining dives – a few divers, a quick trip to the dive site, lot’s to see, and professional and attentive service. I always felt comfortable even though I was solo. An added benefit of the small boat is the other divers are uniformly friendly. I've had experience on larger, cattle boats where the people can be somewhat cliquish because they are part of a larger group. Cleve was the Dive Master on some of my other dives and did a great job as well.

I would walk into town whenever I felt like eating at one of the restaurants or stretch my legs. It was about a 10 minute walk and I always felt safe. I found a small bbq operation on the beach run by Keith and his wife. They have good, inexpensive food (chicken, beef, pork or fish with rice and beans) and I ate there a number of times. There are many good, inexpensive restaurants in the West End and I never had a bad meal.

I am definitely planning to return to Roatan and will stay at the Seagrape Plantation Resort. I recommend them to anyone planning to visit Roatan.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
#1 of 5 in French Harbour
The Beach House
The Beach House
#4 of 7 in West End

Been to Seagrape Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!