“Beautiful and peaceful”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in West End
San Salvador, El Salvador
“Beautiful and peaceful”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My husband, my sister and I were received in the airport with the great smile of Cleave (Seagrape Divemaster), all of his recommendations and advices probe to be accurate and helpful. This place is very clean, very peaceful and has such BEAUTIFUL view and snorkel spot. Although only my husband dives, my sister and I had no problem finding activities around the location. All staff members are very polite and willing to help. Also my husband commented diving masters were excelent and equipment in very clean state. I would defenitely come back!

Room Tip: Ask for the cabins, its amazing to spend some hours in the hammoc, watching the sea and feeling the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Daydream33410

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I traveled with my girlfriend and my brother. We were looking for a place with great value with a diving shop because my brother wanted to get his diving license. When we arrived to roatan there was Cleave (Seagrape Plantation Divemaster) waiting for us with a great smile and helped with our luggage, since we took our diving gear. The hotel is at west end, were the night life is great and there are a lot of people looking to dive a lot. We stayed at a 3 people room and it was clean, the A/C worked great. They have a T.V. with cable, but if you go to roatan you wont be watching any believe me. Important is that they give you fresh water everyday and you have a fridge to keep your fruit (Cleave takes you to the supermarket if you want on the way from the airport to the hotel, the hotel doesnt have a restaurant but you can go eat at the restaurants in west end in a 15 minute walk) All the crew is amazing, its a family hotel were you get to know them and create a really home-like feeling. I definitely will return to the hotel and dive with them again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Macedonia, Ohio
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Myself and my boyfriend DID NOT STAY HERE, however we snorkeled here. Prior to snorkeling, we visited the office to ask if we could park our car, and snorkel off their grounds. The attendant allowed us to park for free, to snorkel, but asked since we were not residents of the plantation to NOT use the pool. ( which was OK with us). We parked in their dirt lot, and walked over to their iron shore ( right side of the pool) to gain access to the sea. There's a dock, and a ladder in their iron shore to enter the sea. Upon entering be mindful of crabs, and sea urchins, they're in abundance by the ladder. We snorkeled a bit in this are. The depth starts at approx 5 ft and gets deeper going away from the shore. It's a great place to go if you dive down to see things under the water while snorkeling, if you're a surface snorkeler, then you may not get to see as many items up close. We even saw a sea turtle that day. The Seagrape has a wonderful landscaping on the plantation, it's clean, and it also has breathtaking scenery along the coast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alana890
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in early October, during the off season. Seagrape was lovely - tranquil and clean, with an AMAZING view of the ocean right from our front door. The hammock was a nice touch, and the pool was refreshing. We also enjoyed the proximity to the restaurants and activities of West End while remaining just off the beaten path.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I had the privilege of staying at Seagrape the first week of Sept, and I can truly honestly say that it was the best, most relaxing and wonderful vacation I have ever had. The tone of my vacation was set the day I checked in, and it got better every day. The day I was supposed to check-in was the day I was getting certified for Open Water diving, and my classes and last dive went late. Even though it was past check-in time, the ever smiling, super efficient Mariela waited
for me, helped me register, and even helped me with my luggage to my ocean view bungalow, where the cool a/c was on, and a pitcher of cold water was chilling in the fridge. The bungalow I stayed in (A5) was the very last bugalow, spotlessly clean room, clean bathroom, and fantastic sunset views. Just a few feet away was a gazebo where you could enter the sea for fantastic snorkeling, or sit at night, and gaze at the stars, with the sea gently lapping at your feet. There is no restaurant on-site, but all the restaurants on west end are a very brief 7-10 min walk way. I walked that path many times, even as late as 11:30 pm, and never felt uncomfortable or unsafe. If you are looking for a touristy resort, where you have all-inclusives, and are cheek-by-jowl with other tourists, Seagrape is not for you. If you are looking for heaven on earth, with total serenity, fantastic views and fabulous sunsets, where the entire staff are focused on one thing and that is for you to be comfortable, and enjoy whatever you want to do, then Seagrape is the place to be. Best of all, the value for money!!! I paid approx 60/- per night, for an ocean view bungalow, unbelievably tranquil and serene, where I sometimes slept in my hammock, lulled by the ocean waves and gentle breeze. Unbelivable!!!

And now for the Dive shop. The dive masters are Tony and Cleave, with Ricky and Corvin captaining the boats. and I can tell you, without a doubt, this is the best, most efficient, most comfortable dive shop in ALL of Roatan. Cleave's enthusiasm and exuberance about diving is a sight to behold. If his energy and enthusiasm about diving could be bottled up, it could power a small city. Tony and Cleave's awesome knowledge about the reef and dive sites around the island was unbelievable. They knew the layout and every nook and cranny of every site, and have the eyesight of hawks. I dived with Cleave and folks from the US, Australia and New Zealand, and everyone was amazed at Cleave's vision. Every time he started banging his tank, we looked into the direction he was pointing to, and after a few moments of seeing nothing, we
see a HUGE turtle or an Eagle ray swimming by slowly and majestically. These folks are really the Best of the Best. What really blew me away was the loving care and respect these folks have of the marine life underwater. On every dive, this love and caring was clearly visible, in the way Cleave gently stroked a feeding turtle's shell, holding a conch shell and/or a rock to show us the creatures underneath, and then leave everything in place exactly as it was before. One of my most poignant memories is of a dive Cleave and I did together when we came upon a sea cucumber. Cleave ever so gently cleared the debris off the cucumber, and very very gently stroked it (just like a little baby). This really demonstrated the caring and love of marine creatures, and the respect these folks have of life underwater. This love, awe and respect
was demonstrated time and time again. These folks don't think of diving as a job, this is what they live for, and it shows in everything that they do, and they share it with everyone who dives with them.

Every single dive was professional and lots of fun. Cleave would explain what we would encounter, and would give us choices e.g. if we wanted to/didn't want to enter into a cave etc. All signals were reiterated, entry and exit points clearly stated etc. These guys could read each others minds, as at the end of each dive, Ricky/Corvin were exactly where we anticipated them to be. Even in the event of unforeseen circumstances, if we (or some of us) had to surface early, Ricky/Corvin were there with the boat waiting for us. Another fantastic perk of diving with Seagrape - all the equipment is loaded on the boat when you arrive at the Dive Shop. Unlike other shops where you have to lug heavy gear onto the boat, here at Seagrape everything is taken care of. Your equipment is loaded, mask defogged, tanks and equipment checked and rechecked. All you have to do is enjoy the dive. After reaching each dive site, Ricky / Corvin would smilingly double check your equip, and help you load the gear on, and help you enter the water. After each dive, they would gladly take your fins, and scuba gear out of the water, reducing the strain on your back while entering the boat. Another exquisite touch, after the end of every dive, you have hot dry towels to dry off with, in the boat, and cool ice water and fresh
cut fruit waiting for you at the dive shop. Pure Bliss!!!

I know the West End has a lot of Dive shops and lots of places to stay, but none even come close to what Seagrape can offer. Pure tranquility, clean and cool rooms, fantastic views, a fantastic Dive Shop run by professionals who truly enjoy what they do and treat marine life with the utmost love, caring and respect, a family run enterprise where they take pride in everything, from comfortable accommodations, to fantastic customer service to a totally awesome, professional dive shop, Seagrape provides this and more.

Please go stay at the paradise known as Seagrape and dive with their fantastic and awesome dive team. You will not be disappointed !!!

Room Tip: A5 is the best ocean view bungalow, and affords the most privacy and serenity
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank spestonji
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Dived for 3 days here, was truely memorable. Guys were really friendly and felt totally safe, professional set up! Pool on sea front wit access to sea. Rooms are nice and cool and very clean. Wil return

• Stayed July 2013
Bilbao, Spain
Reviewed 3 September 2013

WE were here 1 week, the staff was very friendly, Mario helped us a lot.. and treated us very well!
The hotel ubicacion could be the wore.. it is 10 min walking... and it is a big dark, apart from that everything is very good! The swimming pool, the views... it is quiet but you have everything you need close...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Grand Roatan Caribbean Resort
Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort

Been to Seagrape Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!