First of all, this place treats you like family. The diving here is incredible and the staff is extremely helpful and accommodating. If you have been diving all of your life, they can accommodate that just as easily as they can a brand new diver. They do tend to take "short cuts" according to PADI regulations, but overall I felt very safe diving with them.
The bungalows on the water are phenomenal. You have a porch and hammock with a view of the ocean! Most other places in West End will charge you daily for the use of their air conditioning, but Seagrape has a nice unit right above the bed. I've lived in the Caribbean before, so I was very nervous about bugs (which are EVERYWHERE), but there were hardly any in the bungalows :).
Overall, I would absolutely go back and recommend this place to friends and family. It's affordable and in a terrific location. It's a 5 minute walk from the "strip" of things, but I loved being a little removed from all of the music and bar scene at night. It felt like an oasis that was a stones throw away from the heart of West End.
For those going to West End, support the locals! Lots of shops and restaurants are actually owned by foreigners and are driving the prices up in the community. All of the street vendors have food that is soooo much better than the $10/$15/$20 entrees at the restaurants. And you get your food immediately instead of waiting for an hour!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seagrape Plantation Resort is a Local Family Owned and Operated Resort. It is very relaxed and quiet perfect if you just want to get away from it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Seagrape Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seagrape Plantation Hotel West End
- Seagrape Plantation West End
- Seagrape Plantation Resort Roatan, Honduras - West End