“Perfect relaxing oasis!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in West End
Pleasanton, California, United States
“Perfect relaxing oasis!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I loved our stay at Seagrape and will definitely be staying with them again when we return to Roatan! We were originally planning to stay for 4 days and liked it so much we ended up staying our entire trip, 10 days! We arrived at Roatan with no solid plans of where in West End we were going to stay. Having never been there, we decided to get there and walk around to find a good place.

When we ventured over to Seagrape we were immediately sold! Rooms are not 5 star resort but are very comfortable. Seagrape is EXTREMELY affordable. When compared to nearby places that are not even as nice, it is a downright deal! They have AC and were kept very clean with daily housekeeping. I definitely recommend trying to get one of the bungalow rooms. We had a porch with a hammock and an ocean view. The wifi did not reach our room but they do have free wifi in the office and the shared outdoor patio area. We really enjoyed hanging out in the pool and talking to other guests (who seem to come back often) about how wonderful Seagrape is. Office staff, Mariela and Jessica, are both wonderful! Grounds keepers and cleaning staff are all very friendly and wonderful as well! Seagrape arranges airport transportation to and from which is another plus!

We also dove with Seagrape dive shop. They were just as amazing as the rest of Seagrape and not to mention, convenient. We had already committed to a different dive shop for the first part of our trip. While that dive shop was great, other guests would tell us everyday at the pool how wonderful it was to dive with Seagrape. We are so glad we decided to give Seagrape a try! They are the best! The dive staff go above and beyond to make sure you are having a good time. They are truly genuine people and fun to spend the day with! Many of the staff are from West End and are very knowledgeable with diving and local sea life. Tony, Cleave, Ricky, and Amber! We cannot thank you enough!

Room Tip: Ocean front bungalow
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mariela W, Front Office Manager at Seagrape Plantation Resort, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank Lisa you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Our team dedicates every minute to ensuring that our guests are well looked after and I will enjoy sharing your comments with them. I will be sure to also mention to our Housekeepers and Ground keepers your comments.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we always look forward to welcoming you back to
Seagrape!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My third trip to Roatan in the last year was once again incredible. I always stay with Mariela and the gang there at Seagrape. I dive there and swim there and watch sunsets there everyday. The staff from maids to the dive shop to the management always welcomes and takes care of all my needs, including taking me to and from the airport. Everything to eat and drink is w/in walking distance--I'll go back in October, hopefully!!
Gary G ( Texas )

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you Gary for the great review! I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to the family and the staff, looking forward to seeing you in October.

Best wishes!

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have stayed in this hotel for two weeks on separate times. Each time the people working at hotel were above average.

Our second return the people cleaning room remembered us and treated us like family.

The person cleaning the yard also became very close friends.

The location is great and rooms very clean.

Room Tip: Cannot remember the room number but close to the sitting place.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Mariela W, Front Office Manager at Seagrape Plantation Resort, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our team, without their excellent efforts things will not be the same, I can say, we have the best employees!!. They take so much pride in their work and I will share your comments with them .

We certainly are looking forward to welcoming you back to Seagrape.

Best Wishes!

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Seagrape was absolutely perfect! We had a bungalow on the end with a perfect view of the ocean and sunset in the evening. Their pool was lovely; quiet and private. The room was spacious and clean. The location of Seagrape was a big plus. It was a 5 minute walk to town, so close enough for a small jaunt in the morning for breakfast but away from the nightlife in the evenings, if you want. My husband is a diver and he absolutely loved it. One tank dives were $30 (!!!) and they went out at 8am, 10am and 12pm. West End, the town is an absolute gem. With an essential beach bar, Sundowners. An excellent Brazilian Steakhouse restaurant. Not to mention Keith's on the beach for lunch and tacos on the street at night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

We are pleased to read that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and found the location of the hotel excellent.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Seagrape in the future.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 August 2014

If you're looking for The Hilton, you need to move along. If however you're interested in spending your vacation money doing something vs. on a room, and you're looking for a safe, clean, and comfortable place to lay your head at night and not have to worry about your accommodations then this could be the place for you. Seagrape has it's own dive shop so be sure to look at package deals if that's your thing. Tony and Cleave do an awesome job taking you out making sure you enjoy the day's dives. I recommend getting a cottage but be forewarned that they don't have TV's like the main hotel. I would be short changing the staff if I didn't mention how everyone from Mariela to house keeping does everything possible to make sure your stay is an enjoyable one. If you need anything, just ask and they'll either get if for you or help you to make it happen. The only knock on Seagrape is that there isn't a restaurant on site, but there are numerous places within a short walk along the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brenden M
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We are very happy to read about the excellent service of our employees!.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review us and we certainly do look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We'd booked this hotel based on other good reviews, and I'm so glad we did! The rooms were clean, comfortable, and cool (there are AC units and mini fridges in each room.) Mariela and her staff do an excellent job running the facility and are gracious and helpful.

If you're a diver they have an onsite dive shop, and you simply show up a few minutes before a dive (there were three a day when we went) and you get geared up and go! The dive spots they took us to were beautiful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kristin w
Mariela W, Front Office Manager at Seagrape Plantation Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you Kristin!

I will be sharing your comments with our dive shop staff, feedback from guests recognizing this is always appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing you and Jon again!

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I just returned from staying a few days at Seagrape. For the money, it is I believe, one of the best kept secrets in West End. The accommodations are basic but clean. My room in the hotel was comfortable, with AC and a small refrigerator and TV. Room was cleaned daily and fresh towels were in the bathroom. Hot shower. All good. This is a family run operation and they were the best of hosts to me. Cleave picked me up at the airport and he is full of energy and enthusiasm about the hotel and about diving in Roatan. He is great. Mariela and all the staff took good care of me. I enjoyed chatting with her in the mornings when I got hot coffee provided at the office. Rhonda at the Dive shop is a great cordial host as well...she kept up with my dive courses and planned dives. Divemaster Tony taught me a lot and was very helpful and attentive along with Amber, Ricky, Richard and all the crew. I felt safe and well cared for when diving. Thank you Seagrape Plantation Resort and Dive shop! I hope to come again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you Fred for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback.
See you again!!

#1 of 5 in French Harbour
The Beach House
The Beach House
#4 of 7 in West End

Been to Seagrape Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!