“Best B & B EVER!!!”

Ranked #1 of 12 West End B&B and Inns
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Best B & B EVER!!!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I LOVED Barbara and the B & B. It was recommended to me by a friend that has been traveling
to the island for a number of years. It was a great experience with plenty of hospitality. The B&B was very clean and comfortable. It is an enjoyable 10 minute walk to restaurants, bars or the beach!! A perfect distance from the late night noise. I look forward to my next stay at this BEAUTIFUL B & B!!! FANTASTIC ADVENTURE!!!!! Leanna from Oklahoma.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed at Barbara's B&B for 5 nights, 1 night in a double room and 4 nights in the apartment suite downstairs. We had to pay her upfront for the remainder of the cost which surprised us, usually we pay for accommodations AFTER our stay.
Barbara is a very nice lady and helped us with booking a great taxi driver named Alex to come pick us up from the West End of the island. He spent the time to drive us to a grocery store on our way and showed us some nice areas to see as well. Great guy!
Our main complaints are with the BEDS and with the condition of some areas of the apartment suite. We had booked the apartment so that we could make our own meals and were not able to get the room for the first night because another guest was staying there. Barbara offered us free breakfast the next morning to make up for this but it was still a nuisance. I am not someone to complain about things but I have to say that the mattresses on the beds need to seriously be changed, they are old and worn. I literally dreaded to go to bed at night because it was not comfortable at all and I woke up with a sore back and slept poorly. The one double bed in the room upstairs that we used the first night was ok, but the queen bed beside it was also in very poor condition. Some minor upgrades on mattresses and a few other items in the rooms would make a HUGE difference to guests. There were quite a bit of ants in the kitchen on the counter, more than normal and we let Barbara know. She had the maid put more ant traps out the next day. Our towels were not changed during the 4 nights we stayed, our bed was not made up, and there were limited kitchen items to use for cooking.
I guess all and all it was not what I had expected for our choice of B&B considering that I had researched and checked reviews before booking. We would not stay at this B&B again, but we look forward to going back to Roatan in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FTrupp
Reviewed 6 March 2014

What a wonderful place. The owner treats you like family and is very informative about the island. The location is just far enough from the now busy West End street to get you away from the noise. The B&B is a beautiful island style home that gives you a true Roatan experience. I will continue stay with Barbara at her lovely B&B again and again.
Leigh Pitts

Guildford
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed having our own little apartment here and being able to cook the kitchen and spread out. However, there were a few things that did annoy me. We stayed for a week and our room wasn't cleaned as often as I would like (only really a problem for the bathroom bin which is gross after a few days as you can't flush paper). Also the towels weren't changed and they do not dry in the damp climate so also get disgusting after a few days. The roof top is out of use and didn't look like it would be renovated any time soon. I think if it had been cheaper we would have thought it was great but for the price it was (we stayed in high peak) the cleanliness thing really bothered me.

• Stayed December 2013
Bay Minette, Alabama
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Beautiful scenery, very clean accommodations, and the owner and staff were friendly. It is not on the beach but the view is great. The walk is 7-10 minutes depending on how fast you walk. Great Stay!!

Room Tip: the view from all rooms were beautiful.
Roatan, Honduras
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Barbara is the most gracious hostess one could hope for especially when you are traveling alone. She was great referring me to places and activities throughout this charming island. You also can't beat rolling out of bed and gazing out your window to amazing views and breakfast. I have read other reviews, and this truly is a tropical tree house. Thank you, Barbara, and I hope to see you again soon!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
buffalo
Reviewed 4 February 2014

got back last and was disappointed. We stayed in the bottom. It did not look like the pictures. May sure you bring paper towels, dishwashing liquid and something to wash the dishes with. We had to buy paper towels in town and they were $4.50. The upstairs was beautiful. The common porch was lovely with her awesome cat pepperoni. She doesn't give you a key so you have to yell up to let you in. The door is always locked. It rained quite a bit, so it annoying waiting for someone to open the door. We paid for the breakfast. It was scrambled eggs, potatoes and fresh fruit everyday. I was hoping a change. Barbara is a sweet woman. We loved Roatan and we will be back next year. We decided to stay on the the beach at Lost Paradise. Also the upper deck no longer has the table chairs and umbrella. All the wood is rotted. You still can get some great pictures

Room Tip: No comment-didn't see the upstairs rooms but the pictures looked great
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Seagrape Plantation Resort
Splash Inn Dive Resort
Splash Inn Dive Resort
#2 of 8 in West End

Been to Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments? Share your experiences!