“wonderful heaven in a mountain!!”

Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments
Ranked #1 of 12 West End B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“wonderful heaven in a mountain!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Roatan B&B is a wonderful place to stay in westend. First, there is this wonderful women called barbarra who welcome you with her big smile and open arms!! Then, the location!! it is atop a mountain with a light wind, beautiful view and close to downtown. And last, the appartments and rooms are just very cosy, welcoming and everything you need is there. Prices are fantastic and the common room is just perfect to meet people or read in a beautiful setting. I highly recommend this place to anyone!!! It is home away from home!!! thanks barbara for this wonderful time we had together! we will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sausalito, California
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Roatan B&B was fabulous! Barbara was incredible. Not only did she share her beautiful home with me, she also ensured I settled in well. Picked me up at the Ferry, told me of all the great spots to hit (beaches, food, shopping), and even met up with me half-ways on my walk back to the B&B. Breakfast is delicious. The bedroom was decorated simply elegant. Great sleep - you fall asleep to quiet peacefulness, & wake to birds singing. Really feels like something you read about in a novel. And, the price is perfecto!

Room Tip: Fitness center & swimming pool is the ocean that is a short walk away :)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Hutchinson Island, Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was here for the months of January and February. I rented an apartment with a wonderful outdoor area that allowed me to eat outside and practice Tai Chi almost every day. I felt very comfortable and secure all of the time and never worried about my dive and photo gear. During my extended stay got to meet lots of other travelers and always had great stories to share. It's really what a B&B is all about! And most important, when you do have to finally leave, you will feel as if you are saying good bye to family.
Thank you Barbara and hope to see you next winter.

Room Tip: There are two types of accommodations. There are the 2 apartments on the first floor that have kitch...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Had a great stay at this place. Barbara is awesome. Good rooms, prices and came with great breakfast. Stayed for 5 nights with a friend. Property is in a nice secure location, would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I LOVED Barbara and the B & B. It was recommended to me by a friend that has been traveling
to the island for a number of years. It was a great experience with plenty of hospitality. The B&B was very clean and comfortable. It is an enjoyable 10 minute walk to restaurants, bars or the beach!! A perfect distance from the late night noise. I look forward to my next stay at this BEAUTIFUL B & B!!! FANTASTIC ADVENTURE!!!!! Leanna from Oklahoma.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed at Barbara's B&B for 5 nights, 1 night in a double room and 4 nights in the apartment suite downstairs. We had to pay her upfront for the remainder of the cost which surprised us, usually we pay for accommodations AFTER our stay.
Barbara is a very nice lady and helped us with booking a great taxi driver named Alex to come pick us up from the West End of the island. He spent the time to drive us to a grocery store on our way and showed us some nice areas to see as well. Great guy!
Our main complaints are with the BEDS and with the condition of some areas of the apartment suite. We had booked the apartment so that we could make our own meals and were not able to get the room for the first night because another guest was staying there. Barbara offered us free breakfast the next morning to make up for this but it was still a nuisance. I am not someone to complain about things but I have to say that the mattresses on the beds need to seriously be changed, they are old and worn. I literally dreaded to go to bed at night because it was not comfortable at all and I woke up with a sore back and slept poorly. The one double bed in the room upstairs that we used the first night was ok, but the queen bed beside it was also in very poor condition. Some minor upgrades on mattresses and a few other items in the rooms would make a HUGE difference to guests. There were quite a bit of ants in the kitchen on the counter, more than normal and we let Barbara know. She had the maid put more ant traps out the next day. Our towels were not changed during the 4 nights we stayed, our bed was not made up, and there were limited kitchen items to use for cooking.
I guess all and all it was not what I had expected for our choice of B&B considering that I had researched and checked reviews before booking. We would not stay at this B&B again, but we look forward to going back to Roatan in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FTrupp
Reviewed 6 March 2014

What a wonderful place. The owner treats you like family and is very informative about the island. The location is just far enough from the now busy West End street to get you away from the noise. The B&B is a beautiful island style home that gives you a true Roatan experience. I will continue stay with Barbara at her lovely B&B again and again.
Leigh Pitts

#4 of 8 in West End
Grand Roatan Caribbean Resort
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort
Seagrape Plantation Resort

Been to Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments? Share your experiences!