“Peaceful getaway in the jungle”

Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments
Ranked #2 of 12 West End B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed one week in Barbara’s bed and breakfast in April. You have to imagine a jungle tree house all made in wood. Barbara was really helpful with tips for restaurant and things to do. The wifi connection was always good. We had a bedroom with our private bathroom next door (you have to go out of the room). There is no air conditioning in the house but you get a nice breeze. The bed was a king size and the mattress was a bit disappointing for my usual level of comfort. The breakfast was excellent every morning (we had eggs with potatoes and fruits or pancakes). The veranda is a really nice and quiet place to relax where you can enjoy the sea view. The roof top terrace is actually non usable and will be repaired. The house is situated 600 metres inside the land which usually took us 15 minutes walking from the West end main road.
This bed and breakfast if perfect if you want something quiet (except for the birds) ans with few people (2 bedrooms and 2 apartments).

Room Tip: We had a bedroom that was not connected to our bathroom so I would suggest you choose the appartment...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Barbara's place in February of this year with a good friend of mine. I came away with some great memories of the gatherings that took place at her B&B. The Island was amazing but one thing I though was great was how everyone at the B&B got to know each other, something that is both unusual and awesome! It was really comforting staying at a clean, well kept and safe place.I feel like I always have a place to go back to in Roatan.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Roatan B&B is a wonderful place to stay in westend. First, there is this wonderful women called barbarra who welcome you with her big smile and open arms!! Then, the location!! it is atop a mountain with a light wind, beautiful view and close to downtown. And last, the appartments and rooms are just very cosy, welcoming and everything you need is there. Prices are fantastic and the common room is just perfect to meet people or read in a beautiful setting. I highly recommend this place to anyone!!! It is home away from home!!! thanks barbara for this wonderful time we had together! we will be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Roatan B&B was fabulous! Barbara was incredible. Not only did she share her beautiful home with me, she also ensured I settled in well. Picked me up at the Ferry, told me of all the great spots to hit (beaches, food, shopping), and even met up with me half-ways on my walk back to the B&B. Breakfast is delicious. The bedroom was decorated simply elegant. Great sleep - you fall asleep to quiet peacefulness, & wake to birds singing. Really feels like something you read about in a novel. And, the price is perfecto!

Room Tip: Fitness center & swimming pool is the ocean that is a short walk away :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was here for the months of January and February. I rented an apartment with a wonderful outdoor area that allowed me to eat outside and practice Tai Chi almost every day. I felt very comfortable and secure all of the time and never worried about my dive and photo gear. During my extended stay got to meet lots of other travelers and always had great stories to share. It's really what a B&B is all about! And most important, when you do have to finally leave, you will feel as if you are saying good bye to family.
Thank you Barbara and hope to see you next winter.

Room Tip: There are two types of accommodations. There are the 2 apartments on the first floor that have kitch...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Had a great stay at this place. Barbara is awesome. Good rooms, prices and came with great breakfast. Stayed for 5 nights with a friend. Property is in a nice secure location, would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I LOVED Barbara and the B & B. It was recommended to me by a friend that has been traveling
to the island for a number of years. It was a great experience with plenty of hospitality. The B&B was very clean and comfortable. It is an enjoyable 10 minute walk to restaurants, bars or the beach!! A perfect distance from the late night noise. I look forward to my next stay at this BEAUTIFUL B & B!!! FANTASTIC ADVENTURE!!!!! Leanna from Oklahoma.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort
Splash Inn Dive Resort
Splash Inn Dive Resort
#2 of 9 in West End

Been to Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments? Share your experiences!