“Laid Back, Peaceful B&B”

Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments
Ranked #1 of 13 West End B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas
“Laid Back, Peaceful B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I spent a week in West End scuba diving and so forth. The whole time, we stayed at Roatan Bed and Breakfast. Every morning when we woke up, we were greeted to a beautiful canopy view of the trees and the sea in the distance. Eventually, we'd make our way downstairs to the kitchen, where there'd be a fresh-cooked breakfast for us - fresh juice, coffee, eggs, etc. There was even pancakes one morning!

Then we made our way downhill to the main thoroughfare to do our daily fun. Just a few minutes' walk.

At the end of the day, completely exhausted, we'd head back to the hotel to relax, chat with the proprietress, and relax on the couch or in a hammock. There's wifi, a couple bookshelves of books in English and Italian, tons of space to relax in common areas plus comfortable amenities in your room.

My wife and I would definitely stay here again. Being situated up a hill away from the main thoroughfare, the place offers a peaceful respite from the hustle and bustle of the town with a great view and surroundings.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for just under a week in May and absolutely treasured my time here.

The B&B sits 5 min walk out of town which is perfect to get away from the riff raff when you just want to relax in your hammock but not so far that the walk is at all strenuous.

The rooms are amazing, like a small home within a big home! Fully equipped kitchens, dining/entertaining area and a massive bathroom.

The breakfast was great too especially when you have activities planned for the day, no messing around in restaurants and wasting time.

I really recommend this place, it was an amazing stay!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Spinder86
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I just came back from a three weeks vacation in Roatan and I have to admit I had an amazing time in Roatan B&B. it was a really nice place to stay. I was staying in the little apartment downstairs and it was a cute little place about 7 minutes from the center if I can call it like this. It was interesting to wake up with the birds singing outside in the morning and have breakfast outside of my appartment. It was a quiet and relaxing place to stay, I really enjoyed my time there. The owner is a really funny woman and really easy to talk to, I had really good time with her. And she is always available to give you some tips about Roatan. I have read some of the reviews and i don't understand the bad one at all. The place is clean, the hill is not dangerous at all and i still have all my stuffs. Thanks a lot Barbara for everything. I had a really good time there! I came back to work this week and after one week, I'm still suffering from the different beat of leaving in Canada. See you!!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Ranky32
Federal Way, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I enjoyed this hidden little spot on the island. We weren't quite aware of the distance from town beforehand but the walk wasn't too terribly bad (only slightly sketchy at night, but hey we saw a screech owl!). It's a cozy, little B&B and I appreciated the little getaway in the jungle and being close to nature. Breakfast was good, so was the wifi. My one gripe is the lack of accessibility to the upstairs area. It's inconvenient to have to yell for someone to let you in rather than being provided a key.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

My wife and I stayed in an apartment at Barbara's bed and breakfast. It was nice and peaceful with the birds waking you up in the morning. Hot water was great. Wifi worked in and out of the apartment on the great patio with hammock and table. Breakfast every morning with the other guests was nice to meet everyone. We all discussed are plans for the day and the adventure that we had the day before. Barbara makes everyone feel right at home. We stayed a week with her and would recommend her place for a quiet adventure in Roatan. The walk up the hill is a bit challenging for the older generation. No A/C Larry and Lourdes

Room Tip: The apartment has its own bath. No A/c
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed one week in Barbara’s bed and breakfast in April. You have to imagine a jungle tree house all made in wood. Barbara was really helpful with tips for restaurant and things to do. The wifi connection was always good. We had a bedroom with our private bathroom next door (you have to go out of the room). There is no air conditioning in the house but you get a nice breeze. The bed was a king size and the mattress was a bit disappointing for my usual level of comfort. The breakfast was excellent every morning (we had eggs with potatoes and fruits or pancakes). The veranda is a really nice and quiet place to relax where you can enjoy the sea view. The roof top terrace is actually non usable and will be repaired. The house is situated 600 metres inside the land which usually took us 15 minutes walking from the West end main road.
This bed and breakfast if perfect if you want something quiet (except for the birds) ans with few people (2 bedrooms and 2 apartments).

Room Tip: We had a bedroom that was not connected to our bathroom so I would suggest you choose the appartment...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Midvale, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Barbara's place in February of this year with a good friend of mine. I came away with some great memories of the gatherings that took place at her B&B. The Island was amazing but one thing I though was great was how everyone at the B&B got to know each other, something that is both unusual and awesome! It was really comforting staying at a clean, well kept and safe place.I feel like I always have a place to go back to in Roatan.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Sueno Del Mar Resort
Sueno Del Mar Resort
#6 of 7 in West End
Seagrape Plantation Resort

Been to Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments? Share your experiences!