Hostess Barbara asked if we could make it bilingual if we post a review, so here it is.
It's quite a nice place in West End. Before we moved to Roatan B&B, we stayed at Land's End for four nights, which is right at the shore of Half Moon Bay. Both places are great, and they are quite different. We planned to enjoy a bit of variety during our trip, so it worked out very well.
旅店位于West End，非常不错。在来这个这个旅店之前，我们住在Land's End四晚，就在Half Moon Bay，面朝大海。两个地方都很不错，但不一样。我们计划当中就想尝试一些不一样的东西，一切如愿。
Personally I love the interior design style of Roatan B&B. It's austere but in an excellent way. The walls, the stairwell, the floor, the fixture and the furniture are all wood, and except the outdoor areas (the deck), the wood is all original and unpolished, giving it a quaint feel that I've never experienced at any other places. The bed sheet which looks like some type of rough linen also works very well with the subdued hues inside the room. I uploaded a few pictures which should give you a good idea of what it looks like. Chatting with the hostess Barbara, I learned that she was an art major and personally designed some of the furniture in the living room, such as the bar stools. They are elegantly done. I would love to commission some for my own house if not for the complications in shipping. Frankly, I think Restoration Hardware can take a page or two from Barbara's book.
Those who need the standard northern American hotel amenities, however, should probably book elsewhere, such as in West Bay, because the vast majority of b&b's in West End do not aim to compete in that category. There are plenty of hotels in West Bay and Sandy Bay. If I travel with small children next time, I will probably need to book a place in West Bay myself.
不过如果想要找的是能够提供美国标准的宾馆便利的话，这个地方可能不合适，还是去West Bay找比较好，绝大多数在West End的民宿都不是宾馆式的。West Bay和Sandy Bay有很多宾馆可供挑选。下次如果带着小孩去的话，可能我们也会需要去West Bay订房间。
The road up to Roatan B&B is not the most well kept. It is unpaved and can give you a hard time if you drive a front wheel drive car or if it's after a heavy rain. It takes about 8-10 minutes to get to the water front. Barbara said there's plan in the works that the road will be paved in September. When that happens, it should make it an even better stay.
All in all, it was a very nice stay, and I absolutely loved the way the house interior is designed and kept.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the best location on the island, West End, just a short walk to downtown bars, restaurants, dive shops and the beaches. Standing on a hill top with a panoramic deck for sunbathing and relaxing, surrounded by an amazing ocean view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roatan Bed And Breakfast Apartments
- Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments Hotel West End
- Roatan Bed & Breakfast Apartments Honduras - West End