“A good budget option”
Review of Casa Paradiso

Casa Paradiso
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Panjim
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Very reasonably priced for an air conditioned room... this could be because the air conditioning doesn't really work. However, apart from that a lovely hostel. A large, spacious room with a comfortable bed. The staff were very friendly and always on hand to help. The bathroom was clean.

Panaji itself was a bit boring... some quaint little restaurants, but not much else. If you're short on time... skip here and just head to the beaches.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah B

Reviewed 20 January 2012

We have just come back from India where we stayed at the Casa Paradiso for two nights on our way from Mumbai to Kerala. The drive from the airport was about 45 minutes and we arrived too early to check in but the receptionist who initially gave the impression of not liking to be disturbed at 8am let us put our backpacks down for the day. We checked in later and the staff were all very friendly and jolly. Our room was huge with a large en-suite bathroom and aircon that worked although noisily.

Our room was next to the reception so there was a bit of noise from people walking about and talking but nothing too bad although try to get a room away from reception if you can. The hotel is situated on a main road running into Panjim and is about 5 minutes walk to the main areas with plentiful places to eat and shop and plenty of shops nearby for your bottles of beer, wine and spirits.

My only gripe is the noise which comes from the road, aircon and others who like to stay awake all night watching loud TV. Overall it was a pleasant stopover for a few days and in easy reach of the airport, train station and a few local beaches although I wouldn't want to spend a week there.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the reception area
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank walkleytravellers
Reviewed 12 January 2012

a bit disappointing after the very positive LP review . I initially got a room to the very noisy street - later changed to a "deluxe room" which was overpriced for what it was, spacious but very basic and still not very quiet because people kept on passing by talking loudly in the corridor. the owner was nice but the rest of the staff was not particularly friendly and gave the impression not to care whether i was happy with the room or not.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Compared to many places in Panaji this was quite expensive but it was clean and tidy, we had a large room with hot water (and a proper shower!), and many of the cheaper places we looked at first were not very nice. Close to the town centre the location is convenient and only about a 10 minute walk to the bus station.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Sunley-Griffin-Smith
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Ok its not a bad hotel, the thing that makes it bad is the price. It is far too expensive for the standard of room you get for your money. The room is bare, and is only worth half the price. Better ones to be had elsewhere.

Room Tip: None as way too expensive.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We stayed at Casa Paradiso on Lonely Planet's recommendation. The room we had was spacious, bright and clean. The staff were friendly and happy to assist if we needed anything.

The hotel is located very close to the main streets of Panaji, where the shops and restaurants are, but although this is not a fault of the hotel itself, there is not too much to do in Panaji, so we only ended up staying one night.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a short stay in Panaji, and that just wants a good value no frills hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank nataliarenaldo1981
Reviewed 18 November 2011

What a let down. This was going to be my treat hotel as it cost me three to four times more than all my other hotels in India. When I arrived by taxi i did not want to get out, I could not believe this was it. A small doorway facing a steep staircase to a counter. The staff were friendly, My air con room had a bed with one sheet which was stained and smelled like someone slept in it, two lumpy pillows that felt like they were maybe washed and clumped together, musty towels were sitting on the bed, the aircon worked on a breaker set to high, no controller or buttons on the machine, you would need a wrench to change settings. To say it was noisy has to be an understatement , it sounded like a semi truck at a red light revving to go. I had to put the ceiling on more times just to hear the tv. I was freezing in this room. They brought a blanket which was old, wooly and with no top sheet did not want to put it against my body. The tv was old but worked. No Restaurant or facility, they offer room service , they go out to a restaurant to bring in take out. This hotel charges tax and service, I understand tax but the obligation service was out of hand for this facility as there was no services. No lounge or meeting area, you were islolated on your own except for the front desk.I stayed four nights as I had paid ahead to an agency. My mistake. I would not recommend this place as it was not value for money. The restaurants don't open befrore nine in the morning and there is no tea or coffee or facility to get one. I made the mistake of expectations and I was disappointed. If this room had been in line with the rate of my other hotels for same facility it would get a high rating for what can you expect for the money, for the money charged I felt trapped and ripped off.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo