a very good experience - small but clean and comfortable room, warm shower, a very nice roof terrace with good breakfast, perfect location in the middle of Fonteinhas and a friendly owner to assist with anything. came there after a not so good experience at Casa Paradiso: for almost the same price, this is definitely the much better choice. Only disadvantage: as my room was on the ground floor, it got noisy quite early in the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Afonso Guest House, run by Panaji's reputed Afonso family, is more than just a guest house to its many patrons. Nestled in the capital city's quaint Latin quarter of Fontainhas, it is a veritable bridge between Goa's Portuguese past and Indian present. A favoured haunt for many an adventurous traveller for over two decades, its hospitality and peppy spirit show no sign of aging and are still as fresh as they were back then. It makes no pretense of being luxurious; instead, Afonso Guest House prides itself in being simplistic and practical. With its friendly and welcoming hosts, it's truly your home away from home-clean and functional, the rooms are airy, and equipped with everything a traveller might need. However, the clincher is its lovely terrace graced with potted plants where traditional Goan breakfasts are served to guests every morning, overlooking the whitewashed St Sebastian Chapel. So, if you seek home in a foreign land, come over! Really! You won't regret it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Afonso Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afonso Gues House Hotel Panaji
- Afonso Guest House Goa/Panjim