Extremely friendly Jeanette and her son made this a lovely stay....not to mention how clean, comfortable and nicely decorated the rooms all are. Great breakfasts on the roof top terrace....so many beautiful plants and flowers all over the property! A true gem! Thanks so much for making the last week of our 3 month journey so memorable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Afonso Guest House, run by Panaji's reputed Afonso family, is more than just a guest house to its many patrons. Nestled in the capital city's quaint Latin quarter of Fontainhas, it is a veritable bridge between Goa's Portuguese past and Indian present. A favoured haunt for many an adventurous traveller for over three decades, its hospitality and peppy spirit show no sign of aging and are still as fresh as they were back then. It makes no pretense of being luxurious; instead, Afonso Guest House prides itself in being simplistic and practical. With its friendly and welcoming hosts, it's truly your home away from home-clean and functional, the rooms are airy, and equipped with everything a traveler might need. However, the clincher is its lovely terrace graced with potted plants where traditional Goan breakfasts are served to guests every morning, overlooking the whitewashed St Sebastian Chapel. So, if you seek home in a foreign land, come over! Really! You won't regret it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Afonso Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Afonso Gues House Hotel Panaji
- Afonso Guest House Goa/Panjim