““Awesome Experience :)"”
Review of Mitaroy Goa Hotel

Mitaroy Goa Hotel
Ranked #19 of 47 Panjim B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 February 2014

It was my Third time when I was travelling to Goa, Mitaroy is toooooooooooooo toooooooooooooo good. Can not even express how beautiful the view was, the Rooms and all everything was too good. Special thanks to there Manager Jack for the great service. And the moment we entered Mitaroy, they gave us a surprise gift"which i will not disclose". Breakfast was just awesome or i can say it cant get better than this.In short i would love to be at mitaroy again and very soon

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sumithanda786
Mihir N, Owner at Mitaroy Goa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2016

Dear Sumithanda

Thank you sooooooooooooo soooooooooooo much for your kind words :)

We are glad that you enjoyed the view, the rooms, the breakfast and our service from the heart! I passed on your comments to our manager Jack and that brought a big smile to his face!

We were happy to have you as our guest and hope to see you at the Mitaroy Goa Hotel - India's only Couples Hotel! soon.

Cheers

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at Mitaroy Heritage Hotel in Panjim for 5 nights starting Dec 28th & thru the new years in Goa & it was good fun !!

we were 2 couples with 2 kids (age 4 and 7) & the hotel was just perfect for a setup like this. We got our our entire wing, which included 2 portions ( a 1bedroom & sitting area) on each floor with stairs from the drawing room and a lovely kitchen.

we had a helper to help us with milk/tea anytime we wanted in the kitchen.

the good thing about the hotel was the total privacy we got & kids (boys!!) had more then enof room to play independently....the only 2 things which cud be better were - 1) the cleaning of the room was not like a hotel & we missed that !! the beds were to be made by us & the towels were not changed everyday !

secondly, the guys there really made an effort for our breakfast & asked us everyday what we wanted to eat the next day, but since they were getting the food from outside, the choices were limited...wud have loved a better breakfast buffet...

Rest all good...had a great time there !! thanks to the very helping staff !!

On the destination, Goa @ new years is something we have seen a lot of times & its always awesome fun, but one suggestion- Don’t ever go to BAGA OR any of the normal North goa beaches at this time..they r dirty!!

Visit beaches like Morjim/ Arambol & Benaulim in South goa & u will have great fun !!!

thanks guys!! happy travelling !!

1  Thank vanjyotsna

Dear Vanjyotsna

Thank you for your detailed review of my Mitaroy Heritage Hotel in the Latin Quarter of Panjim!

We are glad that you enjoyed the services of our "Man Friday" Shekhar as well as complete privacy in your own wing. We often offer this to 2 couples that come together, thus ensuring total privacy.

I spoke to my manager Jack about the 2 points you raised:
1.We try and distinguish ourselves by NOT being like a Hotel, preferring to offer our guests a homely atmosphere instead. Thus, we offer you the option of having our Housekeeping person make the beds but do not make this mandatory, especially for those guests who prefer to remain undisturbed. However, you should have been informed of this clearly and for that I apologise.
We also try and do our bit for the environment and do not change linen daily, unless specially requested. Again, you should have been informed of our policy which did not happen. Sorry about that!

2.I had a long chat with my manager Jack and we have taken your suggestions about the breakfast buffet very seriously. We try and offer a typical Goan Breakfast but have now expanded our offerings quite substantially. You must try our New and Improved Breakfast Buffet the next time you stay with us.

You are absolutely right about the beaches in the South being amazing. Another tip: The beach at Miramar is extremely clean and only a 5 min drive away from the Mitaroy!

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

Cheers!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed at mitaroy home stay for 4 nights and my detailed review below:

- Advantages: Nice location and very close to very good restaurants.

My Experience:

- Average, nothing great!!
- Cleanliness - found cockroaches and couple of spiders in the room & bathroom [Day:1]
- Below average breakfast.
- Not professionally managed:[ as per our experience]
-----No bill or invoice for the payment
-----Nobody bothered to check any feedback and experience.

Room Tip: No specific comments.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear PTSBLR

I am sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your experience at the Mitaroy Goa Hotel.

We have taken your comments to heart and I have personally instigated changes in the management and maintenance of the Hotel.

We do hope that you will stay with us again and experience our new Breakfast Buffet and our award winning service from the heart.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Being a solo traveller, I found Mitaroy perfect. It was grand, yet homely. Luxurious, yet reasonably priced. The reception I received was warm and my stay was so relaxing that I found it hard to leave. A good homestay that provides all the comforts a traveller needs is hard to come by. It is here that Mitaroy scores. The breakfast served was delicious, alcohol was plentiful and the rooms were spotlessly clean. Mitaroy's location also made it convenient for me to explore North and South Goa without having to worry about returning late. Overall, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank sravasti d

Dear Sravasti

Thank you so much for your kind words and your wonderful review of our Mitaroy Goa Hotel.

I am extremely glad to hear that you enjoyed our luxurious yet homely atmosphere, the warm welcome and the delicious Goan breakfast.

All of us at the Mitaroy look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stayed at mitaroy home stay for 3 nights and it was a great experience
The service was excellant ,we really felt it was home away from home
We loved the location ,it was easy for us to reach all our destinations
It was a peacefull stay and there was nothing to disturb us

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank jeffcrasta

Dear jeffcrasta

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Mitaroy Goa Hotel.

As an ancestral heritage home, we pride ourselves on offering our guests a 'home away from home' as you put it!

We thank you for staying with us and look forward to having you over again at the Mitaroy soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I spent a night at the Mitaroy Goa at the invitation of the owner, Mr Mihir Nayak. I found the place to be the perfect place to explore Panjim from. I had earlier wandered around the Fontainhas and wondered what it would be like to stay in the midst of all this history. Now I know. It was so peaceful and so unlike being in a State Capital. The Manager, Jack, is friendly and helpful without intruding. The breakfast which is highlighted on their website more than met my expectations. What I liked is to be able to wander around for a bit, come back, laze around and then wander around again.

Room Tip: I like a lot of natural light - so I chose the room upstairs. The thick curtains allowed me to shut...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Dear Gouthami

Thank you very much for your kind review of the Mitaroy Goa Hotel.

Many of our guests, after a hearty Goan Breakfast Buffet, love to spend the day wandering around the Latin Heritage Zone of Fontainhas with all its history and heritage.

We are glad that you had a relaxing stay and look forward to welcoming you again sometime soon!

Reviewed 31 January 2012

My stay in Mitaroy Goa was definitely one of the best experiences of all my travelling in India. It's quite an exceptional place. When I booked it, it was almost by accident; I was expecting a regular heritage hotel (so to speak); but the place offers much beyond that. It is an old house, in the district of Fonteinhas, that has been restored using traditional materials and techniques. It thus feels very authentic, while being at the same time in a perfect condition, healthy, clean, well aerated, really enjoyable. The suite in which I was staying, on the upper floor, is incredibly spatious, with a large living room, a bedroom, a fairly spatious bathroom, and a small balcony. It is decorated with style, nice colonial-style furniture, and feels very soothing. I was truly amazed by the hospitality of the owner(s), as well as the manager, who even took me on a bike tour to Old Goa. All in all, a fantastic experience! If I ever go back to Goa, one of the reasons will be so that I can stay again there.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank IsidoraS

Dear Isidora

Thank you for your wonderful, wonderful review of the Mitaroy Goa Hotel.

We are glad that you appreciate the painstaking efforts that we put in to restore what is a 400 year old Heritage property as well as the spacious upper floor Suite that you stayed in with its authentic colonial-style furniture and airy, high ceiling.

All the staff remember you very fondly and look forward to having you as our guest once again sometime soon.

India and Goa are too fascinating to be visited only once!