Vivanta by Taj - Panaji
WelcomHeritage Panjim Inn(Panjim)(Great Value!)
US$67
  • Pool
The Crown Goa(Panjim)
US$161
  • Breakfast included
Varanda do Mar(Panjim)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$75
US$64
Agoda.com
1,621 results
All reviewstamarirooftop pooljiva spabusiness hotelpan asian restaurantin room diningtravel deskcoffee shopkala academyexcellent staybusiness tripexcellent hotelmemorable stayexcellent hospitalitymiramar beachcourteous staffcomfortable rooms
Reviewed 15 June 2014

VIVANTA BY TAJ PANJIM, GOA
I had an unforgettable experience and a wonderful stay at the Vivanta by Taj Panjim Goa. The courtesy of the management and all the staff was admirable and impeccable service was above my expectation.
A perfect hotel for health and fitness conscious global travelers, this sophisticated hotel delivers premium hotel experiences with efficiency and charming renowned Taj hospitality.
The hotel create an individual atmosphere, that offer comfort as good as home, value and appreciate you as a guest. I have enjoyed every moment at the hotel. All the important places in central Goa only a few minutes walk or drive from the hotel, including many historical places.

Beautiful roof top pool and spa to relax or Bar ‘Tease’ with live music and singer . The Tease bar provides exotic beverages and a unique brand of nightlife to Panaji. Sample the signature Vivanta by Taj cocktails. It will be an exclusive experience to try ‘ Take me home’. It is awesome indeed…….an amazing creation by the mixologist.

When it comes to the menus and food with increasing travel and health consciousness, a lot of travelers ( including me) want to strike a balance between healthy eating and indulgence. The every day Lunch and dinner buffet at the ‘ Latitude’ looked scrumptious and very alive with flavors and creativity... Quality and verities of the food was great. And in case if you are on diet ….. They are very haply to create an especial menu for you. They have provided me a different heath food menu each day.

Dinner at Tamari was exquisite; three different world class cuisines served at Tamari. Authentic Chinese, Japanese and Thai food. …….. Sunday Branch at the ‘Latitude’for family is an awesome affair with live band.

TIPS FOR CENTRAL GOA:
Goa the land of vibrant culture and ethnicity is known for the celebration of a number of colorful festivals in myriad ways. ( for more information ask travel desk). The Famous Goa Carnival was going on when I was there in month of March. If you are in Goa during this time, I recommend one should visit the carnival; It takes place in three different areas in Goa. Cultural events are all the time taking place at the Kala Academy of Goa ( 2-3 minutes walk from the hotel), Fontainhas ( the old Portuguese quarter of Goa) that is 15 minutes distance from the hotel.,. Do not forget to visit the Fontainhas old Art gallery and 31st January bakery with array of their specialties proudly selling since Portuguese time.

Distance: from hotel to Dabolim Airport: 45 minutes by car , to the Panjim Bus stand: 15 minutes, to Miramar Beach: 10 minutes and distance to Casino Jetty for Floating Casino and Boat Cruise Jetty : 10 minutes.

Panjim Heritage Walk ( Fontainhas is approximately 15 minutes distance from Vivanta by Taj – Panaji, Goa)
Starts at Tobacco Square, The Casa De Moeda (Mint House), The Tobacco house, meanders through the ward of Sao Tome, through Corte de Oeteiro to the Catholic dominated precinct of Fontainhas, Chapel Of Saint Sebastian, Welcome heritage Panjim Pousada (a restored 100 year old Hindu home), The Panjim Inn (an over 100 year old Catholic home, also a heritage hostelry) and ends at the Hindu dominated ward of Mala culminating at Fonte Phoenix.

I would like to thank Coo- Veer vijay sigh, GM Chitra seleem, F&B manager Suhash Bose, vijay joshi (executive house keeper and his team), Chef Shahil , chef sudeep, Ronald Meneze, All front office and Travel desk staff for taking great care of everything and making my stay memorable.

Purobi Babbar

Room Tip: Corner suites are large, All rooms are comfortable and specious but rooms facing river Mandovi have better view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014

People come to Goa mainly for two reasons, beaches and to see the historic churches and sights of old Goa. This hotel is not well located for beach going but if it's the historic sights you're going to see, it's very conveniently located. It is in a lane just off Bandodkar road in Panjim. If you do however want to go to a beach, Miramar beach is a 20 minute walk from there.
The hotel itself is relatively new. It has very comfortable rooms though not many of them have a good view. From the top floors, and from the rooftop deck and pool you can see the Mandovi river.
The hotel has a bar, an Oriental restaurant and a multicuisine 24 hour restaurant. It also has a cake shop and deli with a small seating area.
The staff are very friendly.
The day I arrived, night actually we were delayed getting in to Goa and I got to my room at two in the night. I hadn't eaten dinner and was hungry. I looked through the room service menu but found no separate 24 hour section (normally all hotels have a limited late night or 24 hour section of the menu) so I called to ask. I was surprised and happy when they said everything on the menu was available. Hungry that I was, I ordered some Pork Sorpotel with Poe (puffed Goan bread) and Prawn Balchao with rice. Both were excellent.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms have no view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had done a 5 nights trip here about a month back (i.e. April end). This was a honeymoon trip to Goa before we were off to Maldives. Though Maldives, by far, is a better place and we had stayed there in another luxurious brand of hotel, we still cherish our time at Goa; and this is largely because of the kind of treatment we received during our stay at Vivanta.
All the staff here is very well trained and very hospitable. I mean it. From the front desk to housekeeping to security to restaurant staff, everyone in the hotel is very warm, approachable and accommodating. They go completely out of their way to fulfil your smallest requests. All the while we felt really special and well pampered.
Thanks to the entire staff to make our stay memorable to add to the special occasion we were celebrating. A special mention to Karan and Shweta from front desk and Rahul from Security. I am glad to have chosen Vivanta for our stay and look forward to return whenever I am coming to Goa next.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kapoor_varun
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed with my family for 2 days during my pleasure trip to goa. The room was very comfortable. Food was great. Mt children enjoyed the stay very much. Spa facilities were also enjoyable. Staff was extremely courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PuneBob
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at Taj Vivanta with my family for 2 days during my pleasure trip to goa. The room was very comfortable. Food was great. My children enjoyed the stay very much. Spa facilities were also enjoyable. Staff was extremely courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip