“Value for money”

Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Panjim
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Value for money”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed in a 5 bed AC room. The AC rooms are cleaner than the non-ac. The rooms aren't updated but are reasonably clean for the price. For 5 people it was a great deal. The included breakfast sealed the deal.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Girish C
PalacioDeGoa, Owner at Hotel Palacio De Goa, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Girish,
Warm greetings from team Hotel Palacio De Goa !! Thank you for endorsing us as VALUE FOR MONEY. We strive hard to provide every guest the best V F M experience.

Thank You once again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Sarfraz Sheikh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My first trip to Goa was made very comfortable thanks to Palacio! While there were a few minor issues, overall this was a very good pick for me!
Pro's:
- Very conveniently located - the riverside, casinos, and most of Panaji is in walking distance
- Value-for-money - being centrally located, the price is well within reasonable numbers, and the included buffet-breakfast was quite good too
- Good rooms - rooms are comfortably sized, with good restrooms, and some of the non-A/C rooms come with a cute little balcony too!

Con's:
- The service-quality was only so-so; the friendliness from staff was down to just-acceptable!
- Lack of good parking - the guards on duty try their best, but car-parking is always a challenge; luckily, there's plenty of parking on the roads nearby

Room Tip: Half the rooms face the main road, and the other half face the buffet-breakfast area; the latter are...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DeepakRam
Dear DeepakRam
Thank you very much for your 4 star review on our hotel !! We are delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay with us and you considered our hotel to be near perfect. I will share your feedback with my entire team and assure you a PERFECT stay during your next visit.

Thank you once again. We look forward to welcoming you again.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Hotel is located in Panjim and gives a sense of comfirtable stay away from home, Food during the breakfast was tasty and enjoyable, Behaviour of staff was also very coordial and cooperative. we have even hired a vehicle ,Wagon R with the help of recepion, which has made our stay memorable

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
PalacioDeGoa, Owner at Hotel Palacio De Goa, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review !! We are delighted to know that your stay was comfortable. Its an awesome feeling to read such review about guest feeling comfortable with us and considered our hotel as their home away from home.

Thank you once again. We look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I was planning to come down to Goa for a week with my wife to celebrate our anniversary. I decided to browse for hotels through trip advisor and came across this one. The reviews and the price both were good. So we decided to go ahead with this hotel. Here is my review

1. Location:
Centrally located. Panjim market is at walkable distance. (4/5)

2. Rooms:
I opted for Sangemarmar Deluxe Non Ac room. The first room that was given to me was ok. But I was not happy with the bathroom. It was looking dull. I decided to change the room at once. Got in touch with the reception guys and they promptly changed my room within minutes. The new room shown to me was really nice and the bathroom was fresh. Beds can be more comfortable.(3.5/5)

3. Food:
Buffet breakfast was ok. They can add more varieties to it. However I happened to order for room service twice. Once we ordered french fries, the quantity was really very good and so was the taste. On last eve we ordered king fish. It was simply delicious. We both loved it very much.
(3.5/5. 3 for breakfast and 4 for room service food items.)

4. Courtsey:
The reception staff is wonderful esp Ajit and his team. I happened to interact more with Ajit. He is very polite and charming. Rest are also very courteous and friendly. (4/5)

Over all rating will be 4 out of 5.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr Prashant,
Warm greetings from all of us at Hotel Palacio De Goa !! Thank you for giving us 4 out of 5. I am sure my entire team will work even harder to get 5/5 in the future. Our front office manager mr Amit is delighted to know that you mentioned him and our entire front office team in your review.

Thank You once again and look forward to welcoming you again.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Value for money hotel. Service was good. Only thing is they follow what is written on the confirmation wrt check-in time. Had to wait for an hour even though the rooms were free to occupy! Outside view of the hotel is amazing!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank You for your 4 star review !! I would like to apologies for delay in allocating your room. My entire team strive hard to provide every guest with the best Value-for-Money experience at Hotel Palacio De Goa. We are happy to know that u enjoyed your stay with us and endorsed our hotel as VFM.

Thank You once again for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to serving you again.

Pune
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Palacio De Goa- the name itself spells magic.

We stayed in this hotel for 4 days around New Year. Had a great time and enjoyed a lot. Its so good that me and my family felt little sad at the time of checkout :)

What I liked about this hotel:
Beautiful Architecture- looks like a heritage hotel from outside.
Nice decorated Lobby.
Timely check-in at 11 am (our check-in was done in 5 mins).
Clean decent rooms and little cute attached balcony :)
Proximity to market area.
Excellent breakfast- both in terms of quality and quantity.
Co operative Reception staff
Extremely helpful and cheerful bell keepers / housekeeping staff. (specially Mr Mushtaq).

What i didn't like:
Only 1 thing- no exhaust fans in bathrooms- its extremely necessary and one can feel congested at times due to this. Hope the hotel staff will take notice of my suggestion.

No complaints at all apart from this. One thing is for sure, I will be staying at this hotel on my each visit henceforth :)

Thank you Palacio De Goa for making my trip a memorable one!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ss_pune
palaciodegoa, Owner at Hotel Palacio De Goa, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a wonderful review !! All of us are feeling on top of this world after reading your review. Its an awesome feeling for all of us. Your suggestion on exhaust fan has been taken up, in fact we have installed in few rooms and assure you that all room bathrooms will have exhaust fans. This installation is planned for upcoming off season i.e. July-Sept 2014.

Thank you once again for such a wonderful review !! Delighted to see 5 stars for our hotel.

We look forward for welcoming you again.

Sarfraz Sheikh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panjim
SinQ Beach Resort
#1 of 5 in Betalbatim
Santana Beach Resort
Santana Beach Resort
#3 of 65 in Candolim

Been to Hotel Palacio De Goa? Share your experiences!