“Chinese Food Indian Style”
Review of Soft Rock Cafe

Soft Rock Cafe
Ranked #46 of 340 Restaurants in Panjim
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Frequent readers will know that I have reviewed this restaurant several times over the last few years and I will continue to do so because the food is that good.

My wife and I ate hear several times during our holiday and the quality of food seems to be better every year.

The first evening that we ate here we shared a very large portion of vegetable pakoras, I had a chicken kadai that was very tasty, not to hot and ate it with a garlic nan. My wife had sweet and sour chicken that again was really tasty and she had a bowl of fried rice that was large enough to serve at least two people. The cost was only a few pounds all in.

On our final visit we decided to go for chinese all the way. We both startied with vegetable spring rolls. These were lovely in flavour with the outer covering a type of filo pastry but not at all greasy as it can be sometimes. The filling was a mixture of vegetables and tasted scrummy.

Next I had Szechuan chicken. This dish if cooked correctly can be superb, if not it can be a disaster, this was the former, really well seasoned with a kick to the dish from the Szechuan peppers. I have had this dish from a so called "very good" chinese at home and it was that hot you could not taste the dish properly. My dish was brilliant. My wife had lemon chicken. Tasty strips of chicken lightly covered in flour and then cooked until a slight crispy texture (but not frazzled) with a sauce surprisingly having a lemon tang to it. We shared a bowl of egg fried rice that was ample for two people, with a bottle of Indian sauvignon blanc the bill came to around £12.00. At home the wine would have cost that alone.

If you are ever in this area do try it, speak to Alice the owner of the shop next door and also the restaurant and tell them that Cliff & Christine sent you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Amazing little road side restaurant offering chinese/ indian food. We had a selection of chinese dishes and 2 alcoholic drinks each and the bill was less than 1000 rupees (£10)

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Just up the driveway from the Cidade de Goa (but be prepared for a steep hill to work up an appetite). Close to the accommodation and very cheap. Food was very spicy, but we didn't ask for it not to be which I was told by other regulars they will make less spicy if requested.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Nice home cooked food experience. Very reasonable as compared to the few worth while places in Dona Paula.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Ate here several times during a recent trip to Goa. Food was superb very well prepared and presented. Lots of authentic Goan food as well as Chinese. Try the pepper chicken and the diced potatoes. Breads were also very good. This is well worth a trip. And very reasonably prided. Popular with locals which is always a good sign. Very near Cidade de Goa and Sandalwood. Enjoy