“The real Goan”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2014

If you like Goan food, then you'll welcome a really well presented fish thali It's what Goans love to eat, and what many of them live on. But the best fish thali I've had yet was in a restaurant in the centre of town whose prices are minimal, Rs300 with tax and VAT for two meals with extra fish. You climb the stairs from hot and dusty Mahatma Gandhi Road, and enter a cool world of bright colours set off by white table cloths. The restaurant overlooks the road in a key shopping area of Panaji city, and you can watch the outside bustle as you eat. Service is absolutely excellent - they brought our fish thali today in three minutes flat, and the lad who served our table was constantly checking to see if he could bring anything or take away empty plates. I rate the service A++. Apart from our choice, there was a wide range of other dishes, but I noticed most of the other diners were following our choice. Our dishes had rice which set other restaurants an example to strive for, a delicious if spicy prawn curry, clams in a coconut curry, a dish of cabbage worthy of an award and really tasty kingfish fried in semolina.. I'm definitely going back next time I'm in Panaji.

2  Thank Masurubu

Reviewed 4 October 2013

had the fish thali after hearing a lot. the thali was good, the fried fish was great. Fresh & crisp. the letdown was the squid. too much masala killed the flavour. will go back as they show promise.

1  Thank RahulDMehta
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I visit Goa almost 2 to 3 times a year. And its a record, I've never missed a meal at Vinanti, in any of my visits. One of the owner's, Nilesh Narvekar, is now a close friend, and Vinanti is one place which is very close to my heart, and of course my stomach and taste buds too ;) !!!

Located in the heart of Panajim, this place is packed to capacity with locals and tourists alike. Try the Kingfish Rawa Fry, for the best Kingfish in Goa!!! The Modso and Chanak Rava Fry and Masala fry, are to die for. The Prawns Sukha is yummm!!! In fact everything I have ever eaten here, for the past 8 to 10 years, is lovely.

The service is prompt and the waiters are always smiling, and the decor, though not outstanding, is pleasant. The place used to be pretty reasonable, though this time, I found the prices pretty steep. However, I can understand with inflation and higher costs, providing great food, can get expensive.

Trust me on this, and do visit Vinanti, for a hearty and satiating meal, and enjoy wonderful seafood in the heart of Goa!!!

4  Thank Mohitbhende
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Our cabbie suggested Vinanti in Panjim for lunch when we were closeby. Turned out to be a good choice. Clean place, nice food.

In the heart of the town as well (I think), parking was not a problem either...

2  Thank R B
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Not a fine dine experience but most of the times you have to wait for your table for a few minutes at least. Favourite among Goans too as there would be equal mix of tourists & local customers. They have a big menu serving most of Punjabi, Mughlai & chinese too along with Goan cuisine. The simplest choice for Goan Cuizine would the Fish Thali which I found was the most popular. Excellent preparations, Crab masala should not be missed. Even Mughlai & Chinese food is well prepared. Surely not a place to miss if looking for authentic Goa Cuizine in Panjim, Goa. Its right above Tommy Hilfiger Showroom.

2  Thank barrkat