I stayed in Marriott last year and some how missed reviewing it. The good part is that I clearly remember my stay given that the the customer service was so good. I stayed in a garden facing room (clearly not a good choice) but the room was very plush. I have stayed in Leela Goa and Taj Holiday village and I must say that the room at Marriott was better than Taj (but not better than Leela - only in terms of space). It had 2 beds (queen size) so it you are traveling with kids, this is the best option for you. The swimming pool is much bigger that what it looks in the photos and a lot of people in the pool would also not be discourage you from jumping right into it. (however the pool changing rooms was not good and lacked hygiene, and lotions and shampoos as well). The one thing that really stands out in Marriott is the food. It was far better than Leela and Taj (Holiday village) both. The service in the restaurant was excellent. Even though there was a medical conference at the time I stayed, I rarely had to wait for a table or for food. I would like to highlight that my wife had a bad experience in the beauty parlour and the service levels were very poor.
The hotel has an excellent gym for all the fitness buffs and not to forget the children's room which can keep children busy for a long time. The hotel is facing a bay and not a beach so the travelers should keep that in mind. Nevertheless the views from the room are very good (I visited on of them). If the booking does not include a airport pickup, you will have to pay for it so be careful to include that while making a booking
In fact I am traveling again to Goa in May and I am booked in the same hotel (in the bay view facing room).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning sea-view and glorious sunsets, Goa Marriott Resort & Spa is the ideal destination for a stay in the land of sun and sand. Located at the edge of Miramar Beach, our hotel in North Goa, India is perfect for a truly relaxing vacation. This charming luxury resort boasts dining facilities that include a revolutionary transition lounge, outdoor dining at our specialty barbeque restaurant, Wan Hao – Pan Asian cuisine, and a 24-hour Coffee Shop and in-room dining. Guests can benefit from the on site world renowned Quan spa and a well equipped fitness centre. Besides an exciting mix of fine dining and leisure activities, Goa Marriott Resort & Spa also provides easy access to bustling Panaji, the capital city of Goa, rich in its history and cultural heritage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Goa Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goa Marriott Hotel Panaji
- Goa Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Goa Hotel
- Marriott Panaji
- Panaji Marriott
- Marriott Goa Resort
- Goa Marriott Resort & Spa Panjim