US$71
TripAdvisor
US$62
US$52
Agoda.com
Hotel Palacio De Goa(Panjim)(Great Value!)
US$61
2,326 results
All reviewsbay view roomwaterfront restaurantsimply grillspool baroverlooking the seapatio roomwan haokids roomprivate beachmiramar beachchinese restaurantmum's kitchenpool sidespecial thanksspecial mentionexcellent propertymandovi river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel during one of our company off-sites. The property although is a resort but is located in Panjim and I felt is more suited for business and conventions and less for leisure travelers to Goa. The resort is large, spread out and well built with an old charm. It has sufficient facilities for company get togethers, off-sites, incentives, small conferences etc.

The resort has a superb entrance lobby which overlooks the pool and sea. The rooms and bathrooms are spacious and well equipped. The property has two wings both of which have one set of rooms facing the beach. Also one side of the property has a private sort of beach in front of one wing and the ground floor rooms facing the beach have a small sit-out too (i think all the rooms whether beach facing or otherwise have a sit-out but I am not sure). The beach can also be used for evening functions and parties.

The property has an excellent pool from where sunset views are amazing. There is also a poolside bar. There is a restaurant overlooking the pool as well as a 24 hour coffee shop. I wasnt too impressed with the food quality although the spread in breakfast was very good. The quality of food served during lunch and dinners was nothing to boast about.

Overall the stay was great but the food wasnt too impressive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gprathor
GoaMarriottResortSpa, General Manager at Goa Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Goa Marriott Resort & Spa!

At the outset we would like to thank you for your valuable feedback. Our sincere gratitude for your detailed review about the hotel rooms and lobby area. We are glad you enjoyed the buffet breakfast spread, however we would like to apologise for falling short of meeting your expectations in terms of food quality at lunch and dinner. Your feedback has been taken seriously and we will work on the same. We do look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future thus giving us the opportunity to wow and exceeding your expectations!

The Goa Marriott Resort & Spa

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was my first trip with my kid and Marriott team simply made it mind blowing experience.... My check in procedure was very smooth, Front Desk Team Member Lauren took care that entire process went smooth... Most Best part of the stay was the food with them, Entire staff was just mind blowing, Chef Vivek & Ashwin were simply best, Team Member Karan, Ashwin, Azim, Sanjeev all of them were so soft spoken and always on their toes to give their best. Strong recommendation to all parents if you are going with your kids would strongly recommend you to stay with Marriott, as they would pamper you and your kid and simply would make you comfortable and serve you food that you request for.... Team Marriott you were superb.... :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Darshan0104
GoaMarriottResortSpa, General Manager at Goa Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest

Greetings from the Goa Marriott Resort and Spa!

It’s always a pleasure to get such amazing feedback from our guests. We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy the ambience, the facilities and our hospitality. Our associates are delighted with your feedback. Our sincere gratitude for your words and we are motivated and encouraged with your positive comments on our service and the food. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to being of service and delighting you again.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed with another family friend and their kids last week ( June 2014) The nicest thing was the location, very central and the courtoues staff who ensured despite full house we were given adjacent rooms and an upgrade . the food is very good again and is a mixed fare... The nicest thing about breakfast in coffee shop was the hot cake which came straight out of the oven served by a pleasant chef ... Marriott took care of the kids where it gave use time to get some breather. The kids club was well untilsed by the younger kids... Rooms were lovely.... The only drawvback being that there is a cruise which leaves from right at the hotel and UA extremely loud with music etc. So if you get a sea facing room you will have to suffer the music for sometime... Over all great experience.. Special commendation to Ashwin and team and the chef

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Richksin
GoaMarriottResortSpa, General Manager at Goa Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Greetings from the Goa Marriott Resort and Spa!

Thank you for taking valuable time out for such a wonderful feedback. The staff, in their spirit to serve, are delighted that their services and hospitality have made your stay such a memorable one. Feedback like this only boosts the team to continue to give their best and go above and beyond. Thank you for choosing the Marriott as your desired place of stay. We look forward to welcoming you’ll again in future for yet another enjoyable holiday!

The Goa Marriott Resort & Spa

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This is the first time I came to Marriott Goa. I came for a conference here and was excited to stay at their property. Excitement turned to disappointment the moment I reached. I left the bag at the conceirge to register for the conference and get my room key. When I come back, my bag is nowhere to be seen. The guys at the conceirge are looking dumbstruck and questioning each other. I was told by one of them to give them my room number and theyd deliver it there. I went back the room, waited for 30 min, nothing came. Then I went back to the reception / conceirge, and my bag was lying there and no one was bothered. So then I asked one of the guys to deliver it to the room and finally it was there.
Another instance of disappointment: id set up a wake up call at 7. And this wwad perfectly executed by the staff, only to make me irritated. I received 3 calls 1 minute apart asking me to wake up. I couldnt resist, and I had to snap at the lady calling me. No apologies done!
Another small instance, I wake up at every hotel expectinf the days newspaper to be kept out. Here I found none.
To top up all the disappointment (as if there was less earlier), I was seated for breakfast just about to start my meal. And this person comes and tells me, sit somewhere else... dude! You never ask someone to get up while their eating.. table manners 101!!
The only silver lining at a really horrible service, was the lady at breakfast who apologized and was very pleasant. Also the AC in the room stopped working the previous night and so the repair guys did a fantastic job. The only people whom I really felt nice speaking to was them. Rest all are fakely nice.. just on the outside, they dont reallly care.
I was planning on extending my stay, but clearly that wont happen ever at the Marriott Goa!!
I think just because I was a conference guest I was treated this way.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Jason P

Dear Guest

Greetings from the Goa Marriott Resort & Spa!

At the outset, thank you for taking the time to pen down your feedback. We are glad for the areas in which you did experience our commitment to serve. Regarding your other experiences, we apologize for not being able to meet your expectations. We do strive to uphold the highest standards of hospitality with a culture of genuine care, and we see that there are instances where we could have handled the situation better. We will definitely incorporate this into our pursuit of improvement, with the due seriousness that it deserves. Rest assured, we do strive to delight you on your next stay.

Best Regards,
Ranju Alex

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Fabulous property in Panjim...I went with family for 3 nights and was amazed by the view which sea view Patio room which was upgraded from Garden view...though room size in not very large but has bathrooms a class apart...very nice refurbished property...24 hrs cafe gets noisy a bit during bfast hours...and if hotel is full, u may have to wait for the table...else reserve it..nice poolside restaurant overlooking Panjim..Miramar beach is accesible from hotel itself which is a good thing...welcome was very warm and so was departure... I recommend it....caution- plz check before going if any wedding is taking place in the hotel...if yes, avoid...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GoaMarriottResortSpa, General Manager at Goa Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Greetings from the Goa Marriott Resort and Spa!

At the outset, we thank you for taking valuable time out for this wonderful review about our property and services. We truly appreciate your recommendation. The staff in their spirit to serve, are delighted with this feedback. We do hope to have you back in the near future for yet another memorable stay!