“A perfect stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Goa Marriott Resort & Spa

Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Panjim
“A perfect stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This was the best holiday i ever had. I stayed in room No 127 from 18 to 23 jun 14.
The staff was the best i ever came across each one of them was always there to assist with an ever smiling face and best of regards. Food was out of the world and it was a treat to experience the hospitality.

The room was perfect with lush green lawn and sitting out while you enjoy your morning coffee.

Overall a devine experience

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GoaMarriottResortSpa, General Manager at Goa Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 June 2014

Greetings from the Goa Marriott Resort and Spa!

We would like take this opportunity to thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed all aspects of our service and ambience. Your comment 'a divine experience” has gone a long way in keeping the team motivated . We look forward to welcoming you back to another beautiful holiday.

Goa Marriott Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Good location ; nice restaurants ; serves very good breakfast with a pint of beer ( yes you read it right ; for breakfast !)...

One thing I was disappointed was I missed world cup soccer opening ceremony and first match since there were no channel available in the channel menu ; I tried help desk but they could do hardly anything ; its a shame that the channel was not there ! That too in goa !!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GoaMarriottResortSpa, General Manager at Goa Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 June 2014

Greetings from the Goa Marriott Resort & Spa!

Thank you for your gracious feedback about our location and restaurants – we are always trying to innovate and are glad you enjoyed our breakfast service initiatives! We are regretful that we could not accommodate your viewing preferences for the opening ceremony due to our transmission setup then. We hope that having arranged for it the next day was of satisfaction to some extent. We look forward to welcoming you to an even more memorable stay next!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I always wondered what was it about this place that it makes us want to come back year after year. Is it the property itself ...definitely. But more than the property its the people who are running the hotel. The staff is extremely hospitable. They will do anything to make your stay comfortable. I would specially like to mention chefs vivek kale and samanth who made our breakfast experience at the water front restaurant really memorable. Thanks to Vimal, he knew what I wanted even before I asked for it.
I am leaving tomorrow for home but I am really going to miss this home away from home.
Till next time......

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharmila M

Greetings from the Goa Marriott Resort & Spa!

It gives us immense pleasure to know that you consider Goa Marriott to be ‘home away from home’. The staff, in their spirit to serve, are absolutely delighted with the review, especially Chef Vivek Kalia, Chef Samantha and Vimal. Our sincere gratitude for the special mention of their names. We indeed are humbled by your kind words. It is feedback like this that encourage us to go above and beyond to make each and every guests’ stay with us, a memorable one! We do hope to welcome you back in the near future for yet another unforgettable, homely stay with us!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel during one of our company off-sites. The property although is a resort but is located in Panjim and I felt is more suited for business and conventions and less for leisure travelers to Goa. The resort is large, spread out and well built with an old charm. It has sufficient facilities for company get togethers, off-sites, incentives, small conferences etc.

The resort has a superb entrance lobby which overlooks the pool and sea. The rooms and bathrooms are spacious and well equipped. The property has two wings both of which have one set of rooms facing the beach. Also one side of the property has a private sort of beach in front of one wing and the ground floor rooms facing the beach have a small sit-out too (i think all the rooms whether beach facing or otherwise have a sit-out but I am not sure). The beach can also be used for evening functions and parties.

The property has an excellent pool from where sunset views are amazing. There is also a poolside bar. There is a restaurant overlooking the pool as well as a 24 hour coffee shop. I wasnt too impressed with the food quality although the spread in breakfast was very good. The quality of food served during lunch and dinners was nothing to boast about.

Overall the stay was great but the food wasnt too impressive.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank gprathor
GoaMarriottResortSpa, General Manager at Goa Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Goa Marriott Resort & Spa!

At the outset we would like to thank you for your valuable feedback. Our sincere gratitude for your detailed review about the hotel rooms and lobby area. We are glad you enjoyed the buffet breakfast spread, however we would like to apologise for falling short of meeting your expectations in terms of food quality at lunch and dinner. Your feedback has been taken seriously and we will work on the same. We do look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future thus giving us the opportunity to wow and exceeding your expectations!

The Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was my first trip with my kid and Marriott team simply made it mind blowing experience.... My check in procedure was very smooth, Front Desk Team Member Lauren took care that entire process went smooth... Most Best part of the stay was the food with them, Entire staff was just mind blowing, Chef Vivek & Ashwin were simply best, Team Member Karan, Ashwin, Azim, Sanjeev all of them were so soft spoken and always on their toes to give their best. Strong recommendation to all parents if you are going with your kids would strongly recommend you to stay with Marriott, as they would pamper you and your kid and simply would make you comfortable and serve you food that you request for.... Team Marriott you were superb.... :-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Darshan0104
GoaMarriottResortSpa, General Manager at Goa Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2014

Greetings from the Goa Marriott Resort and Spa!

It’s always a pleasure to get such amazing feedback from our guests. We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy the ambience, the facilities and our hospitality. Our associates are delighted with your feedback. Our sincere gratitude for your words and we are motivated and encouraged with your positive comments on our service and the food. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to being of service and delighting you again.

New Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed with another family friend and their kids last week ( June 2014) The nicest thing was the location, very central and the courtoues staff who ensured despite full house we were given adjacent rooms and an upgrade . the food is very good again and is a mixed fare... The nicest thing about breakfast in coffee shop was the hot cake which came straight out of the oven served by a pleasant chef ... Marriott took care of the kids where it gave use time to get some breather. The kids club was well untilsed by the younger kids... Rooms were lovely.... The only drawvback being that there is a cruise which leaves from right at the hotel and UA extremely loud with music etc. So if you get a sea facing room you will have to suffer the music for sometime... Over all great experience.. Special commendation to Ashwin and team and the chef

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Richksin
GoaMarriottResortSpa, General Manager at Goa Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Goa Marriott Resort and Spa!

Thank you for taking valuable time out for such a wonderful feedback. The staff, in their spirit to serve, are delighted that their services and hospitality have made your stay such a memorable one. Feedback like this only boosts the team to continue to give their best and go above and beyond. Thank you for choosing the Marriott as your desired place of stay. We look forward to welcoming you’ll again in future for yet another enjoyable holiday!

The Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This is the first time I came to Marriott Goa. I came for a conference here and was excited to stay at their property. Excitement turned to disappointment the moment I reached. I left the bag at the conceirge to register for the conference and get my room key. When I come back, my bag is nowhere to be seen. The guys at the conceirge are looking dumbstruck and questioning each other. I was told by one of them to give them my room number and theyd deliver it there. I went back the room, waited for 30 min, nothing came. Then I went back to the reception / conceirge, and my bag was lying there and no one was bothered. So then I asked one of the guys to deliver it to the room and finally it was there.
Another instance of disappointment: id set up a wake up call at 7. And this wwad perfectly executed by the staff, only to make me irritated. I received 3 calls 1 minute apart asking me to wake up. I couldnt resist, and I had to snap at the lady calling me. No apologies done!
Another small instance, I wake up at every hotel expectinf the days newspaper to be kept out. Here I found none.
To top up all the disappointment (as if there was less earlier), I was seated for breakfast just about to start my meal. And this person comes and tells me, sit somewhere else... dude! You never ask someone to get up while their eating.. table manners 101!!
The only silver lining at a really horrible service, was the lady at breakfast who apologized and was very pleasant. Also the AC in the room stopped working the previous night and so the repair guys did a fantastic job. The only people whom I really felt nice speaking to was them. Rest all are fakely nice.. just on the outside, they dont reallly care.
I was planning on extending my stay, but clearly that wont happen ever at the Marriott Goa!!
I think just because I was a conference guest I was treated this way.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jason P

Greetings from the Goa Marriott Resort & Spa!

At the outset, thank you for taking the time to pen down your feedback. We are glad for the areas in which you did experience our commitment to serve. Regarding your other experiences, we apologize for not being able to meet your expectations. We do strive to uphold the highest standards of hospitality with a culture of genuine care, and we see that there are instances where we could have handled the situation better. We will definitely incorporate this into our pursuit of improvement, with the due seriousness that it deserves. Rest assured, we do strive to delight you on your next stay.

Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panjim
The Leela Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
#1 of 2 in Bambolim
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,030 reviews

Been to Goa Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!